Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Forum Last Man Standing Competition

Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:15 am

Anyone be up for doing this as a competition for users on here??Sure we could sort out payments through paypal or something.Below are some rules we could use. If get enough people in someone could be a couple of quid up in a few weeks!If you can think of any other rules state them below . :bluescarf: :bluebird:

-Each person who enters at start of each competition pays £5.
-You choose one team to WIN only to go through to next round.
-You can choose any team from Premiership down to League 2(4 divisions).
-Any team chosen you can only use Once per competition.
-Basically winner takes ALL money in pot.
-If in last round all remaining players go out then money rolls over to next round.

Re: Forum Last Man Standing Competition

Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:58 pm

Been doing this in my local for the last 18 month's, started off with 20 the latest one there s 236 and winner takes all, very popular.

Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:10 pm

Are they similar to rules you have?? I used to do it with Paddy Power few years back i think it would be great on here.

Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:27 pm

Could start this for next Saturday if get enough interest. Put your names down in this thread if interested.

Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:50 am

Mike Strinati wrote:Are they similar to rules you have?? I used to do it with Paddy Power few years back i think it would be great on here.

Yeah more or less we include fa cup as well.

Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:55 pm

bluebird94 wrote:
Mike Strinati wrote:Are they similar to rules you have?? I used to do it with Paddy Power few years back i think it would be great on here.

Yeah more or less we include fa cup as well.

Thats a good point to add. Dont look like it will be happening, I thought few people would have a go of it on here.

Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:32 pm

You've left it too late with only 9 weeks left. We do it in work 40 of us and it usually lasts at least 10 weeks. We are on our 3rd one this season.

Try again in August mate

Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:02 pm

Good point i suppose Polo. :thumbright:

Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:04 pm

I'd be up for it

Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:11 pm

KBK-13 wrote:I'd be up for it

So we got two thats a start !! :lol: :lol: :bluebird:

Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:05 pm

Nearing beginning of season so thought I'd bump this thread once more! :) Only £5 per man lets get it started!

Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:31 pm

Can someone explain this to me, what is it ?

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:58 am

Read very top opening post mate. £5 to enter and simply putting it choose a team on first weekend of season to WIN their game, if they win you go into next round if lose well basically your out. If you make next round you can't choose that same team for duration of the competition.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:20 am

Mike Strinati wrote:Read very top opening post mate. £5 to enter and simply putting it choose a team on first weekend of season to WIN their game, if they win you go into next round if lose well basically your out. If you make next round you can't choose that same team for duration of the competition.

Are you starting it on the opening weekend of the Premier League season? I'm in for it

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:53 am

See if we can get more interest and whatever everyone wants to do.

Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:08 pm

Anyone interested PM me so we have rough numbers to start and maybe could keep an open thread in Gamblers Den? Looking to start on premiership weekend so all leagues are active then. Some one could win big money here with all the people that use this forum, all for a fiver and hell of a lot of fun! Think premiership starts on 13th so could do a cut off date of say 11th August

Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:51 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:07 pm

Right we have about 4 so far up for it , so the pot is £20 as it stands! :lol: Come on you tight bastards chuck your names down!! :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:13 pm

I'm in pm you :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:21 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:I'm in pm you :ayatollah:

:bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:38 pm

Chuck my name down Mike. :thumbup:

Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:27 pm

Names so far -
Me
KBK-13
Gwentbluebirds
Nick_Strin

Chuck your names down we could do with at least 10 to start off . Hopefully people can see how easy it is then.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:23 pm

Bump.

Taking entries up until 6pm tomorrow night(Thursday) so teams can be chosen ready for weekend. :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:10 am

Mike Strinati wrote:Bump.

Taking entries up until 6pm tomorrow night(Thursday) so teams can be chosen ready for weekend. :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Is it still just the 4 of us?

Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:56 am

Looks that way,I though there be big interest so pointless sorting it really.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:38 am

Yeah seems a bit of a shit effort perhaps people don't trust people enough to pay ;) never mind mate you have tried :thumbup:

Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:24 pm

Yeah true. If Annis done it about 300 would sign up!! :lol: