Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Those Praising & Shouting for Vincent Tan Again '

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:43 pm

When Sam left the debt was £30 mill, with assets worth more than that,when the Riddler left it was about £63mill,then during the Tan reign of 6 years the debt got between £150mill to £160mill including destroyinag the Soul of our club and its fan base :o :shock:

But I believe it now could be as low £70-£80mill after 6 years of Tan running our club, so in fact we are still worse off and have a fan base smashed to pieces,which what ever way some will turn it,the facts are there when you go to home and away games following City.

So he has reduced the debt according to your figures by £70-£80mill in those 6yrs, that is a amazing achievement, but has only seen an increase in the debt he inherited of £7-£17mill in 6 years, with most clubs loosing £6-£7mill a year then that is a really good performance when you take into consideration the cost of the red stand and all the flops we have had to get rid of,

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:45 pm

rontom wrote:When Sam left the debt was £30 mill, with assets worth more than that,when the Riddler left it was about £63mill,then during the Tan reign of 6 years the debt got between £150mill to £160mill including destroyinag the Soul of our club and its fan base :o :shock:

But I believe it now could be as low £70-£80mill after 6 years of Tan running our club, so in fact we are still worse off and have a fan base smashed to pieces,which what ever way some will turn it,the facts are there when you go to home and away games following City.

So he has reduced the debt according to your figures by £70-£80mill in those 6yrs, that is a amazing achievement, but has only seen an increase in the debt he inherited of £7-£17mill in 6 years, with most clubs loosing £6-£7mill a year then that is a really good performance when you take into consideration the cost of the red stand and all the flops we have had to get rid of,

What annis also forgets to mention is that this season and next we could be in profit which would be a massive turnaround

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' Those Praising & Shouting for Vincent Tan Again '

Just so you know,the ones shouting for Tan on here,loudly are the minority,because if they were right, We would not have lost 12,500 season ticket holders in less than than 2 years and barely 10,000 in actual attendance on Sat.
Our home crowds most week are now in the bottom 2 or 3 and our away support in the bottom 5 of the Championship and that really hurts to see :cry: :cry:

As to the Debt.

When Sam left the debt was £30 mill, with assets worth more than that,when the Riddler left it was about £63mill,then during the Tan reign of 6 years the debt got between £150mill to £160mill including destroyinag the Soul of our club and its fan base :o :shock:

We've been lied to for years upon years and false promises by to many chairman/owners/the fans have had enough.

' THE TRUTH HURTS '

We got told to move on when we never accepted the Rebrand, yet 95% of them who said it don't hardly go now, you could not make it up.

That's my last word on the matter.

The ground last Saturday 30 mins in to the game,where have our fans gone and why? and this needs addressing ASAP .
We are knocking on the door of the play-offs.

Right again Annis.

But I think your all going to be pleasantly surprised what he has to say. He knows he has make big mistakes but won't admit it. But I know if somebody close to him that the thinking and the ethos of the club has to change because at this rate city will be playing to nearly empty stadiums. The club are thinking of reducing ticket prices also looking at bringing Bellamy in as manager or maybe a high profile manager that will let Bellamy be his assistant. I know that Tan plans was to reduce the wage bill and bring in some finances by shipping on some players which he has done.

Next season Tan wants promotion automatically by finishing in the top two & is willing to invest in players to make this happen.

He is thinking if we are in the top three of the championship and playing attractive football then the fans will start to come back and bring back the fun factor to cardif city.

So I think he will turn some of his debt to equity and bring in somebody that can take Cardiff to the next level. Because at present the club is stagnating from top to bottom and things have to change or he won't have a football club as will not be bringing any revenue in.

The good thing is he has decided to meet the supporters groups for the first time so it's got to be a good step in the right direction.
Last edited by LoneRanger44 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:I believe we've lost 12,500 ST holders in two years because we got relegated from the PL, nothing to do with Tan. If Tan has put so many off then why in that premier league season and our promotion season did we have our highest attendances for years and years.

People are just using the excuse of Slade and Tan as an excuse not to go, they will be back when we go up. The hardcore like yourself will stay no matter what.

For the first, and possibly only, time, I 100% agree with you. Even if we had played in blue in the Premier League, the fans would still have deserted after relegation. People make there own choice about what to do on a Saturday afternoon.

It's a free country, and you can spend your money how you like. In fact, if you want to you can move to live abroad and leave your country as well as your football team.

rontom wrote:When Sam left the debt was £30 mill, with assets worth more than that,when the Riddler left it was about £63mill,then during the Tan reign of 6 years the debt got between £150mill to £160mill including destroyinag the Soul of our club and its fan base :o :shock:

? ? ?
The debt was £63mill when Tan took over,yet under Tan it has gone up to a staggering £150-£160mill, even after receiving millions upon millions from Sky.
Tan increased the debt and after running our club for 6 years,we are about £70-£80 mill in debt,so worse off than when he arrived,with crowds falling.
Its being reduced thanks to Sky's money,but that will soon stop.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:56 pm

LoneRanger44 wrote:

Just so you know,the ones shouting for Tan on here,loudly are the minority,because if they were right, We would not have lost 12,500 season ticket holders in less than than 2 years and barely 10,000 in actual attendance on Sat.
Our home crowds most week are now in the bottom 2 or 3 and our away support in the bottom 5 of the Championship and that really hurts to see :cry: :cry:

As to the Debt.

We've been lied to for years upon years and false promises by to many chairman/owners/the fans have had enough.

' THE TRUTH HURTS '

We got told to move on when we never accepted the Rebrand, yet 95% of them who said it don't hardly go now, you could not make it up.

The ground last Saturday 30 mins in to the game,where have our fans gone and why? and this needs addressing ASAP .

Right again Annis.

But I think your all going to be pleasantly surprised what he has to say. He knows he has make big mistakes but won't admit it. But I know if somebody close to him that the thinking and the ethos of the club has to change because at this rate city will be playing to nearly empty stadiums. The club are thinking of reducing ticket prices also looking at bringing Bellamy in as manager or maybe a high profile manager that will let Bellamy be his assistant. I know that Tan plans was to reduce the wage bill and bring in some finances by shipping on some players which he has done.

Next season Tan wants promotion automatically by finishing in the top two & is willing to invest in players to make this happen.

He is thinking if we are in the top three of the championship and playing attractive football then the fans will start to come back and bring back the fun factor to cardif city.

So I think he will turn some of his debt to equity and bring in somebody that can take Cardiff to the next level. Because at present the club is stagnating from top to bottom and things have to change or he won't have a football club as will not be bringing any revenue in.

The good thing is he has decided to meet the supporters groups for the first time so it's got to me a good step in the right direction.

Richard,

They've handed Tan a plan for cheap season tickets for next season,its up to him to say yes and if we get a name like Bellamy, hopefully the crowds will stop falling and increase,which I think they would :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

The Debt Im hearing will come down,with Tan changing it in to shares,that I will applaud Tan for :ayatollah: ,even though he made the debt.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:07 pm

LoneRanger44 wrote:

As to the Debt.

' THE TRUTH HURTS '

Right again Annis.

The good thing is he has decided to meet the supporters groups for the first time so it's got to be a good step in the right direction.

This sounds very positive. I hope your right and all this happens.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
LoneRanger44 wrote:

As to the Debt.

' THE TRUTH HURTS '

Right again Annis.

The good thing is he has decided to meet the supporters groups for the first time so it's got to me a good step in the right direction.

Richard,

They've handed Tan a plan for cheap season tickets for next season,its up to him to say yes and if we get a name like Bellamy, hopefully the crowds will stop falling and increase,which I think they would :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

The Debt Im hearing will come down,with Tan changing it in to shares,that I will applaud Tan for :ayatollah: ,even though he made the debt.

Did he not also spend millions on the stadium?

And yes I know it wasn't worth it :laughing6:

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:15 pm

It's not what he is going to say that counts, it's what he actually does. I remember a lot of people being taken in by what Hammam said, and one minute he was the best thing since sliced bread, but what is he now? Malky was almost the next Messiah, and is now looked at in a completely different light. It's important to have an open mind, but also not to be gullible as many of us have been in the past. Whatever Tan does will be in his best interest. We have to hope that his best interest is the same as the club's best interest. I am not going to get excited on the back of words, I will wait until they are put into action.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:28 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:It's not what he is going to say that counts, it's what he actually does. I remember a lot of people being taken in by what Hammam said, and one minute he was the best thing since sliced bread, but what is he now? Malky was almost the next Messiah, and is now looked at in a completely different light. It's important to have an open mind, but also not to be gullible as many of us have been in the past. Whatever Tan does will be in his best interest. We have to hope that his best interest is the same as the club's best interest. I am not going to get excited on the back of words, I will wait until they are put into action.

Excellent post best analysis & comments your totally correct as people say we will do this and that but until they put their words into actions it doesn't mean jack Zip. Will be waiting just like you.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:31 pm

And there was a post on here, suggestion we should start idolise tan and suck up to him so he gives us more money... Fool me once they say...

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:07 pm

Penyfai Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Penyfai Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:We need to move on now for the sake of the club whats done is done now we have to look to the future and hopefully Tan is starting to finally get it and back up his promise with the debt to equity which is looking likely. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I applaud your optimism on this and on most other threads and I hope you're right regarding the debt to equity. As demonstrated on anther thread, I may not know much about the finances, but I do know one thing, Annis is correct about the fan base being smashed to pieces. This last 5 years as completely changed the Cardiff City that we all grew up with and loved and it will probably never be the same again. I know "modern football" has changed the game but our beloved club has changed more than all others and that is something that a lot of people can't stomach but that's their decision and no one else has the right to abuse it or criticise it.

BUT the changes are down to one man. A man who thought he could walk into our club and do what he liked because he had money. And the sad thing is, too many so called supporters licked his arse and accepted his money at any cost.

Yes exactly and at that time Tan was totally clueless about football he thought he could just franchise us like his Mcdonalds and knew absolutely nothing about tradition and what football stood for and meant to the fans and about the red and investment I know Annis stated that Tan was ill advised about the fans accepting the red which I think is true and yes he made the stupid mistake and the investment and promotion season just papered over the cracks and since our relegation we have lost many fans and Tan right now to be fair to him I think he is finally learning he turned us back to blue got rid of the overpaid players and wants us to be self sufficient and not have to rely on his millions to keep going and hopefully with this meeting tomorrow and announcement next month will be another huge step in the right direction by debt to equity by the learning Tan. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

He's a successful business man, he didn't put millions into this club as blind folded as some may think. He's come from a culture where people of his status are worshipped and thought he could do what he liked with Cardiff City. Yes he was probably ill advised which contributed to the overall problem but at the end of the day as we've been told on here many times by various posters, all final decisions are Tans.
Turning us back to blue and getting rid of the high earners was a good decision for the benefit of the club, especially as it was reported that Tan was putting in a million a week to cover the over heads.
He may be learning but for some it's too late. The damage is done.

Maybe true but its better late then never and with the fans that have left hopefully they still keep and interest of whats happening around he club and see the turnaround in where the club seems to be heading for potential success and will give the fans some restored confidence and love for the club and will come back hopefully. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:29 pm

So Mr Tan is the villain who trusted Malky to get in Cornelius who cost us dearly??
He was taken in by Malkys persuasion and thank God he sacked the judas!
Onwards and upwards folks. Making you sick, but "in Tan I trust"

Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:00 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Penyfai Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Penyfai Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:We need to move on now for the sake of the club whats done is done now we have to look to the future and hopefully Tan is starting to finally get it and back up his promise with the debt to equity which is looking likely. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I applaud your optimism on this and on most other threads and I hope you're right regarding the debt to equity. As demonstrated on anther thread, I may not know much about the finances, but I do know one thing, Annis is correct about the fan base being smashed to pieces. This last 5 years as completely changed the Cardiff City that we all grew up with and loved and it will probably never be the same again. I know "modern football" has changed the game but our beloved club has changed more than all others and that is something that a lot of people can't stomach but that's their decision and no one else has the right to abuse it or criticise it.

BUT the changes are down to one man. A man who thought he could walk into our club and do what he liked because he had money. And the sad thing is, too many so called supporters licked his arse and accepted his money at any cost.

Yes exactly and at that time Tan was totally clueless about football he thought he could just franchise us like his Mcdonalds and knew absolutely nothing about tradition and what football stood for and meant to the fans and about the red and investment I know Annis stated that Tan was ill advised about the fans accepting the red which I think is true and yes he made the stupid mistake and the investment and promotion season just papered over the cracks and since our relegation we have lost many fans and Tan right now to be fair to him I think he is finally learning he turned us back to blue got rid of the overpaid players and wants us to be self sufficient and not have to rely on his millions to keep going and hopefully with this meeting tomorrow and announcement next month will be another huge step in the right direction by debt to equity by the learning Tan. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

He's a successful business man, he didn't put millions into this club as blind folded as some may think. He's come from a culture where people of his status are worshipped and thought he could do what he liked with Cardiff City. Yes he was probably ill advised which contributed to the overall problem but at the end of the day as we've been told on here many times by various posters, all final decisions are Tans.
Turning us back to blue and getting rid of the high earners was a good decision for the benefit of the club, especially as it was reported that Tan was putting in a million a week to cover the over heads.
He may be learning but for some it's too late. The damage is done.

Maybe true but its better late then never and with the fans that have left hopefully they still keep and interest of whats happening around he club and see the turnaround in where the club seems to be heading for potential success and will give the fans some restored confidence and love for the club and will come back hopefully. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

There are probably loads that still have an interest in the club, a lot post on here which shows there's still a small light flickering.
Lets see what comes of tomorrows meeting and this big announcement next month. I for one will never trust him or applaud him if he ever turns up for a game, but maybe the worst is behind us and hopefully better times ahead. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:16 am

As to the Debt.

' THE TRUTH HURTS '

When are WE as FANS going to stand up and take some responsibility?

We support Cardiff City - not a player, a manager or an owner. They are just custodians for a matter of a few years.

Let's get real - if we were winning every week and top of league, we'd have a full house and the 'issues' would be a background story, barely given a second thought. Red was an issue, until we were winning promotion, and then it became an issue when we started losing again. The return to blue was going to get those thousands who stopped going when we were red, back again - well Tan retracted his mistake...did we keep out part of the bargain and come flooding back?

Tan once called us 'customers' and there was outrage; but when customers aren't happy with the service or product or lose trust, they take their custom elsewhere. FANs can't and don't do that - we are there through it all, because the club is bigger than all of that. Judging by the dramatic drop in crowds and the our complaints of broken promises and/or poor football, maybe he was right and a large portion of our 'fan' base are simply customers.

We have always had and will always have a core support, with a large floating 'fan' base. We can blame the kit, the manager, the atmosphere, the owner as much as we want, but the harsh reality if we want our club to grow and be successful (and success is subjective) in a sustainable way, we have to walk through those gates every week. The club can help make that happen, but the only people we should blame if it doesn't is ourselves.

Tan has got plenty of work to do and he's made some big commitments in the past, but he has already proven he can make mistakes and change them and most recently dealt with the Langston debt which might unlock the debt to equity (remember Delman's advice from a couple of years back) - this doesn't feel like a guy, intent on 'ruining' us? Hopefully if not tomorrow, then in the coming weeks, we'll get an understanding of his vision for the club and how we will get there - this bit of leadership could be a positive turning point.

In the meantime, let's get on with supporting OUR club whatever happens and enjoy taking some responsibility for building its future.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:17 am

Just passing through.

Dear Mr Tan
I am very grateful that you rescued my football club from financial disaster.
Your finance then boosted CCFC to the Premier League.
You made a huge error with the re-brand which Mackay backed and clearly you recognise this. You made the necessary change.
You trusted Mackay and he abused that trust - as he did the faith and trust of the fans.
The club has stabilised and necessary surgery has been undertaken
Your manager may have been the right choice to see this process through but no more than that. He was probably employed on that basis and he knows the score.At least, I hope that's how it is.
You know how essential it is to have a management team in place for next season that will inspire the confidence of the fans and with backing and take the club forward again. Mr Bellamy with Paul Trollope has been the long standing rumour but let's wait and see.
I trust you to see your investment in CCFC through to a positive outcome for you and for the club and it's supporters.
And if I don't get invited to your fan's meeting my nose will remain firmly in joint.
Best wishes
CRC
p.s. Thank you for finally getting rid of Scam. Only one more to go!

Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:28 am

Looking at the crowds its about the same amount that travelled to the Welsh away games, until we started doing well that is, now you cannot get a ticket unless its on the black market... :old:

Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:55 am

If the club are only between 7m and 17m higher in debt than when Ridsdale handed over to Tan then I would be amazed considering all the debt Tan took on to people taking us to court not to mention all Langston money paid to date and the building of the new stand. If this is true the people at the club have done extremely well especially after the money Malky & Ole wasted.

Seems the club is finally heading in the right direction if that's true and in Blue :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
All I see is good news :bluebird:

Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:20 am

grange_end1927 wrote:Lets hear what Tan has to say tomorrow,probrabally more bollox's ,yet it can't hurt to wait and see, where i live all the city fans can't be arsed anymore thanxs to Tan

Easy to blame Tan though, people just cant be arsed in general! In this day and age (and the quite farcical/off the scale financial oversight of Professional Football) only a total idiot would say we'd get by without him!

Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:48 am

For the sake of our club we have to move on, we have had some bad owners, I can not give Sam H one ounce of respect, paying large sums of monies for players was all well and good, yet charging our club huge amount of interest on the loan.
You are sounding like a grumpy old man, just enjoy supporting the club.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:

? ? ?
The debt was £63mill when Tan took over,yet under Tan it has gone up to a staggering £150-£160mill, even after receiving millions upon millions from Sky.
Tan increased the debt and after running our club for 6 years,we are about £70-£80 mill in debt,so worse off than when he arrived,with crowds falling.

For the avoidance of doubt on these arguments over what was owed when etc. here are the figures from the actual accounts

As at 31 May 2010 , the total liabilities of the club were £63.6m and its assets were shown at £59.1m (including player values of £4.2m) , giving net liabilities of £4.5m.

As at 31 May 2014 (the latest available published accounts) , the total liabilities had risen to £157.2m (including £112.8m due to Vincent Tan) and assets were shown at £91.6m (including £25.1m of player value) , giving net liabilities of £65.8m.

So , in the above four year period , the club`s overall financial position had worsened by £61.3m

Media reports suggest that , in the year to 31 May 2015 , the club made a net profit and that Vincent Tan had done a debt write off of £13m and a debt to equity conversion of a further £3m. If true , and this can only be confirmed when the accounts for that year are published in the near future , then the overall financial position will have improved considerably since May 2014.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:09 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:I believe we've lost 12,500 ST holders in two years because we got relegated from the PL, nothing to do with Tan. If Tan has put so many off then why in that premier league season and our promotion season did we have our highest attendances for years and years.

People are just using the excuse of Slade and Tan as an excuse not to go, they will be back when we go up. The hardcore like yourself will stay no matter what.

Top post

Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:Replies from FB

Thomas Fish Where's the training ground and debt to equity that he promised when ripping our soul out?

I wondered when the training ground would start making an appearance. There seems to be a list of sticks to beat Tan with. As he settles each compliant another one crops up, how about giving the guy a break and for once some gratitude. He has made expensive mistakes and taken responsibility for them and I respect that.

What I don't respect is a bunch of ungrateful moaning leaches who can’t say a good word about anyone.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:51 am

ccfcsince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

? ? ?

For the avoidance of doubt on these arguments over what was owed when etc. here are the figures from the actual accounts

As at 31 May 2010 , the total liabilities of the club were £63.6m and its assets were shown at £59.1m (including player values of £4.2m) , giving net liabilities of £4.5m.

As at 31 May 2014 (the latest available published accounts) , the total liabilities had risen to £157.2m (including £112.8m due to Vincent Tan) and assets were shown at £91.6m (including £25.1m of player value) , giving net liabilities of £65.8m.

So , in the above four year period , the club`s overall financial position had worsened by £61.3m

Media reports suggest that , in the year to 31 May 2015 , the club made a net profit and that Vincent Tan had done a debt write off of £13m and a debt to equity conversion of a further £3m. If true , and this can only be confirmed when the accounts for that year are published in the near future , then the overall financial position will have improved considerably since May 2014.

Thank you Keith :thumbright: :bluebird:

Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:52 pm

People who have stopped going have filled their Saturdays with other things and won't go back easy, because you have to get the bug back
And
That is difficult because the buzz ain't there no more. Get rid of slade, cheaper tickets none of this will help, only 2 things will and that is promotion or a better match day experience and an atmosphere

Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:22 pm

nubbsy wrote:And there was a post on here, suggestion we should start idolise tan and suck up to him so he gives us more money... Fool me once they say...

No need to suck up to him as he has said to day he is making us debt free within 5 years

Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:42 pm

TigerBayRoller wrote:So Mr Tan is the villain who trusted Malky to get in Cornelius who cost us dearly??
He was taken in by Malkys persuasion and thank God he sacked the judas!
Onwards and upwards folks. Making you sick, but "in Tan I trust"

He trusted Malky to sign:

Mutch (£5m profit)
Mason (£2.5M profit)
Campbell (£300K profit)
Broke even on Medel, Theophile, Caulker etc.
So for an outlay of £3m ?? Malky got the club into the PL earning over £100m. But all you think of is one player who only played 1or 2 games due to injury. He was sold for a loss of maybe £1 or £2m.
Where is any evidence Malky ripped the club off? Tan the untrustworthy spent a fortune trying to prove it, but could not.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:47 pm

As to the Debt.

' THE TRUTH HURTS '

We need to stop blaming 5an!

Dropping out of the Premier League and shit football week in week out is what's dropped our fan base.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:06 pm

The trouble is tan does not understand the game of football. The reason he keeps slade on is because slade is similar to tan in the respect of tactics. Well done tan today he is coming round to blue and reducing the debt.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:55 pm

As I remember it Hamman nearly put the the club out of existence .,,Risdale toppled him found us a backer Tan who saved our bacon,