Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Those Praising & Shouting for Vincent Tan Again '

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:33 pm

' Those Praising & Shouting for Vincent Tan Again '

Just so you know,the ones shouting for Tan on here,loudly are the minority,because if they were right, We would not have lost 12,500 season ticket holders in less than than 2 years and barely 10,000 in actual attendance on Sat.
Our home crowds most week are now in the bottom 2 or 3 and our away support in the bottom 5 of the Championship and that really hurts to see :cry: :cry:

As to the Debt.

When Sam left the debt was £30 mill, with assets worth more than that,when the Riddler left it was about £63mill,then during the Tan reign of 6 years the debt got between £150mill to £160mill including destroyinag the Soul of our club and its fan base :o :shock:

But I believe it now could be as low £70-£80mill after 6 years of Tan running our club, so in fact we are still worse off and have a fan base smashed to pieces,which what ever way some will turn it,the facts are there when you go to home and away games following City.

We've been lied to for years upon years and false promises by to many chairman/owners/the fans have had enough.

' THE TRUTH HURTS '

We got told to move on when we never accepted the Rebrand, yet 95% of them who said it don't hardly go now, you could not make it up.

That's my last word on the matter.

The ground last Saturday 30 mins in to the game,where have our fans gone and why? and this needs addressing ASAP .
We are knocking on the door of the play-offs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Those Praising & Shouting for Vincent Tan Again '

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:40 pm

We need to move on now for the sake of the club whats done is done now we have to look to the future and hopefully Tan is starting to finally get it and back up his promise with the debt to equity which is looking likely. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:43 pm

Only difference is Tan can afford it, the others couldn't.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:45 pm

Spot on Annis.

Just as bad when other fans say we should "move on", I'm glad it's that easy for them.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:47 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Spot on Annis.

Just as bad when other fans say we should "move on", I'm glad it's that easy for them.

Whats the point dwelling on it what good is it going to do? it won't change anything the past is the past.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:47 pm

Just for clarity the debt he left was £30 million plus "langston"= £50 million or is langston in the 30 mill

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:48 pm

Lets hear what Tan has to say tomorrow,probrabally more bollox's ,yet it can't hurt to wait and see, where i live all the city fans can't be arsed anymore thanxs to Tan

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:50 pm

I think the majority of fans were happy with investment and would put up with red the crowds showed that :digging2:

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:53 pm

We're back in blue and by the sounds of things we will be hearing some positive news regarding the debt, so the club is definitely and finally moving in the right direction. If tan was to attend a game I would neither applaud him or abuse him as I believe it's time to keep moving forward but that doesn't change my opinion of the man. I will never forget what he has done and I personally still think the bloke is a massive c**t.

:bluescarf: :bluebird:

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Only difference is Tan can afford it, the others couldn't.

No offence but your having a laugh right?Who couldn't afford it?I'm not sure what you mean.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' Those Praising & Shouting for Vincent Tan Again '

Just so you know,the ones shouting for Tan on here,loudly are the minority,because if they were right, We would not have lost 12,500 season ticket holders in less than than 2 years and barely 10,000 in actual attendance on Sat.
Our home crowds most week are now in the bottom 2 or 3 and our away support in the bottom 5 of the Championship and that really hurts to see :cry: :cry:

As to the Debt.

When Sam left the debt was £30 mill, with assets worth more than that,when the Riddler left it was about £63mill,then during the Tan reign of 6 years the debt got between £150mill to £160mill including destroyinag the Soul of our club and its fan base :o :shock:

But I believe it now could be as low £70-£80mill after 6 years of Tan running our club, so in fact we are still worse off and have a fan base smashed to pieces,which what ever way some will turn it,the facts are there when you go to home and away games following City.

We've been lied to for years upon years and false promises by to many chairman/owners/the fans have had enough.

' THE TRUTH HURTS '

We got told to move on when we never accepted the Rebrand, yet 95% of them who said it don't hardly go now, you could not make it up.

That's my last word on the matter.

The ground last Saturday 30 mins in to the game,where have our fans gone and why? and this needs addressing ASAP .
We are knocking on the door of the play-offs.

Annis give it a rest for one day :lol: most people just want to get on supporting the club without you stirring things up like this post does , time to move forward have you ever been happy in the last 20 years ?

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:59 pm

annis whilst tan contributed to our overall debt with stupid mistakes (hes rectifying now) he is not personally responsible for the debts that accumalate on a day to day basis, all clubs have annual losses with exception of one or two clubs! so is tan responsible for these debts aswell? as for crowds lack of success is main factor for loss of crowds along with end of price bargain (golden ticket) yes red and maybe slade is another factor but certainly not main ones? or do you think if we were top of the champs we would still get 14k fans?? (no chance) be around 20k at least! and no not fan of tans as you think i just try and put another view from the normal biased viewpoint :old: :thumbright:

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:00 pm

Replies from FB

Thomas Fish Where's the training ground and debt to equity that he promised when ripping our soul out?

Barrie Wilson Not me not ever

Barrie Wilson Taken our soul!!!

Glyn Owen Every time that vanarama advert comes on that Vincent Tan song comes to my head

And Twitter

David Samuel ‏@dai_sam65
David Samuel Retweeted Annis Abraham
Somebody should blindfold Vinnie play him a tape of the sound old days at Ninian Park then ask him what did he hear?

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:04 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:We need to move on now for the sake of the club whats done is done now we have to look to the future and hopefully Tan is starting to finally get it and back up his promise with the debt to equity which is looking likely. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I applaud your optimism on this and on most other threads and I hope you're right regarding the debt to equity. As demonstrated on anther thread, I may not know much about the finances, but I do know one thing, Annis is correct about the fan base being smashed to pieces. This last 5 years as completely changed the Cardiff City that we all grew up with and loved and it will probably never be the same again. I know "modern football" has changed the game but our beloved club has changed more than all others and that is something that a lot of people can't stomach but that's their decision and no one else has the right to abuse it or criticise it.

BUT the changes are down to one man. A man who thought he could walk into our club and do what he liked because he had money. And the sad thing is, too many so called supporters licked his arse and accepted his money at any cost.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Replies from FB

Thomas Fish Where's the training ground and debt to equity that he promised when ripping our soul out?

Barrie Wilson Not me not ever

Barrie Wilson Taken our soul!!!

Glyn Owen Every time that vanarama advert comes on that Vincent Tan song comes to my head

And Twitter

David Samuel ‏@dai_sam65
Somebody should blindfold Vinnie play him a tape of the sound old days at Ninian Park then ask him what did he hear?

whats happening at leckwith stadium? house of sport or dont they count? and musnt forget the local objectors to original plans for training at the vale, as for debt to equity mmm isnt he doing some more soon along wih previous millions already done? :thumbup:

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Replied from FB

And Twitter

David Samuel ‏@dai_sam65

I've never understood how quoting some fb message justifies your position.

And I guess your the best one to ask this question.In your OP you said the club had more assets than debt when Sam left which means the club was solvent so why did he leave?

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:11 pm

I believe we've lost 12,500 ST holders in two years because we got relegated from the PL, nothing to do with Tan. If Tan has put so many off then why in that premier league season and our promotion season did we have our highest attendances for years and years.

People are just using the excuse of Slade and Tan as an excuse not to go, they will be back when we go up. The hardcore like yourself will stay no matter what.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:12 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:I believe we've lost 12,500 ST holders in two years because we got relegated from the PL, nothing to do with Tan. If Tan has put so many off then why in that premier league season and our promotion season did we have our highest attendances for years and years.

People are just using the excuse of Slade and Tan as an excuse not to go, they will be back when we go up. The hardcore like yourself will stay no matter what.

Totally agree
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:17 pm

Penyfai Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:We need to move on now for the sake of the club whats done is done now we have to look to the future and hopefully Tan is starting to finally get it and back up his promise with the debt to equity which is looking likely. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I applaud your optimism on this and on most other threads and I hope you're right regarding the debt to equity. As demonstrated on anther thread, I may not know much about the finances, but I do know one thing, Annis is correct about the fan base being smashed to pieces. This last 5 years as completely changed the Cardiff City that we all grew up with and loved and it will probably never be the same again. I know "modern football" has changed the game but our beloved club has changed more than all others and that is something that a lot of people can't stomach but that's their decision and no one else has the right to abuse it or criticise it.

BUT the changes are down to one man. A man who thought he could walk into our club and do what he liked because he had money. And the sad thing is, too many so called supporters licked his arse and accepted his money at any cost.

Yes exactly and at that time Tan was totally clueless about football he thought he could just franchise us like his Mcdonalds and knew absolutely nothing about tradition and what football stood for and meant to the fans and about the red and investment I know Annis stated that Tan was ill advised about the fans accepting the red which I think is true and yes he made the stupid mistake and the investment and promotion season just papered over the cracks and since our relegation we have lost many fans and Tan right now to be fair to him I think he is finally learning he turned us back to blue got rid of the overpaid players and wants us to be self sufficient and not have to rely on his millions to keep going and hopefully with this meeting tomorrow and announcement next month will be another huge step in the right direction by debt to equity by the learning Tan. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:18 pm

pembroke allan and bluebird since 1948.cant argue with either of your posts. spot on.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:19 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Penyfai Blue wrote:

Yes exactly and at that time Tan was totally clueless about football he thought he could just franchise us like his Mcdonalds and knew absolutely nothing about tradition and what football stood for and meant to the fans and about the red and investment I know Annis stated that Tan was ill advised about the fans accepting the red which I think is true and yes he made the stupid mistake and the investment and promotion season just papered over the cracks and since our relegation we have lost many fans and Tan right now to be fair to him I think he is finally learning he turned us back to blue got rid of the overpaid players and wants us to be self sufficient and not have to rely on his millions to keep going and hopefully with this meeting tomorrow and announcement next month will be another huge step in the right direction by debt to equity by the learning Tan. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

To sensible for you this :lol: but I agree with you and so do many others

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:21 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:I believe we've lost 12,500 ST holders in two years because we got relegated from the PL, nothing to do with Tan. If Tan has put so many off then why in that premier league season and our promotion season did we have our highest attendances for years and years.

Totally agree

Why has someone altered my post ?

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:22 pm

By the way I hate Tan as well, just think fans using him as an excuse not to go is weak. Our attendances are shit because are team aren't battling for promotion or in the top league. It's always the way at our club and should we sneak up this season we will have sell outs again and to pretend otherwise is bad. Instead of having a go at Tan about missing fans I think we need to have a go at the missing fans themselves.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:23 pm

wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Totally agree

Why has someone altered my post ?

Oops Wez,Ive not altered it,Ive accidentally put this picture in from last Saturdays home match

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:25 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:By the way I hate Tan as well, just think fans using him as an excuse not to go is weak. Our attendances are shit because are team aren't battling for promotion or in the top league. It's always the way at our club and should we sneak up this season we will have sell outs again and to pretend otherwise is bad. Instead of having a go at Tan about missing fans I think we need to have a go at the missing fans themselves.

Totally agree ,I've got friends who are fair weather fans they were gladly going in the promotion season and in the premiership but used the colour excuse start of last season came back for the Leeds game then haven't bothered since bet they will be back if we got in the olayoffs

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:26 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Penyfai Blue wrote:

To sensible for you this :lol: but I agree with you and so do many others

Wez Tan has his faults we all know and he gave a lot of fans a sour taste and understandable why people are not happy with him but he is finally learning and we seem to be heading in the right direction. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:31 pm

Check this out for a crazy thought...

Stop the negative propaganda towards vincent tan and the club, support vincent tan and the club and things might start looking more positive and crowds will return.

Constantly slating vincent tan and painting him the villain will get you nowhere. Support him and give him respect and he will feel more of a connection to the fans and club and that will only result in positivity and positivity from tan will breed success and success will bring the crowds back.

Thats my opinion on the matter chaps.......

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:32 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

No offence but your having a laugh right?Who couldn't afford it?I'm not sure what you mean.

Tan can afford the debt, he has billions.
Sam couldn't hence he lost the club
Risdale never put in anything and we nearly got liquidated under him.

Hence Tan can afford to service the debt without any risk of liquidations or administration.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:32 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Penyfai Blue wrote:

He's a successful business man, he didn't put millions into this club as blind folded as some may think. He's come from a culture where people of his status are worshipped and thought he could do what he liked with Cardiff City. Yes he was probably ill advised which contributed to the overall problem but at the end of the day as we've been told on here many times by various posters, all final decisions are Tans.
Turning us back to blue and getting rid of the high earners was a good decision for the benefit of the club, especially as it was reported that Tan was putting in a million a week to cover the over heads.
He may be learning but for some it's too late. The damage is done.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Tan can afford the debt, he has billions.
Sam couldn't hence he lost the club
Risdale never put in anything and we nearly got liquidated under him.

Hence Tan can afford to service the debt without any risk of liquidations or administration.

Thanks for clearing that up.