Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" £200mill Takeover at Prem Club "

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:02 pm

EVERTON TAKEOVER CLOSE

09/02/16

Everton are moving closer to a £200m takover by an American consortium with a deal possible by the end of the month.

Sky Sports News HQ reporter Vinny O'Connor has more from Goodison Park...

Re: " £200mill Takeover at Prem Club "

Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:25 pm

The Stewards were all called to a meeting prior to the Swansea game. It was a game I photographed.

I heard that a message, from Bill Kenwright, was read out thanking the stewards for all their help over the years.

No one had a copy of the message (trust me Ive tried to get a copy!) but it sounded as though "Bills" health is not getting any better and that it makes sense to sell while he has the chance. There is plenty of speculation as to the illness he has. I wont comment, because its not my place, suffice to say that he has not been to many recent matches.

It sounds like he is making sure the club is secure, and in reasonably safe hands, as is partner (Jenny Seagrove) does not have the same passion for the club that he does - and there is the risk that, in future, the club could be sold to anyone.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:53 pm

If Everton with their massive fan base, tradition and history are worth just £200 million, what might Tan hope to sell us for ? I would reckon about £25 million :bluebird:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:43 pm

Hope they are not clueless and not look after the club properl.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:53 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Hope they are not clueless and not look after the club properl.

If this happens Ryds, it could be one of the darkest days in Evertons history. They wanted to invest in us, but we saw through them. That's all they wanted was a share purchase and loans to the club. No investment. Bill Kenwright is in ill health and wants too offload. He'll make money to leave his family, but Everton, a great club, will be saddled with £200m of debt, and that's just for starters. Read up on them, it's interesting stuff!

Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:05 pm

64JACK wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Hope they are not clueless and not look after the club properl.

If this happens Ryds, it could be one of the darkest days in Evertons history. They wanted to invest in us, but we saw through them. That's all they wanted was a share purchase and loans to the club. No investment. Bill Kenwright is in ill health and wants too offload. He'll make money to leave his family, but Everton, a great club, will be saddled with £200m of debt, and that's just for starters. Read up on them, it's interesting stuff!

Everton are a great club hopefully it doesn't go pear shaped like what happened with Fulham when that Kahn took over these foreign owners never trust them eh. :laughing6: