Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Euro 2016 Ticket applications "

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:10 pm

Got tickets for all group games and quarter finals if we get there. I think I had 18 qualifying points I am very happy like a pig in shit in fact :) :D :D :old:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:21 pm

wez1927 wrote:
polo wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
polo wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:Myself and my partner have been to all the away games and only missed on home game we also attended the friendlies but not a single ticket for either of us.

Perhaps you messed your application up
I don't believe I did, plus checked the bank and all the monies were there

I think it was pot luck with most of the tickets my mate had 3 points and that's it for two tickets to Russia and Slovakia games top cat tickets tho

I dont think thats pot luck more a case of someone willing to pay top whack where there would be less applicants.

To be fair to the FAW they were one of only 2 countries (Belgium the other) who actually put in a points system.

Sounds like its worked pretty fair barring the odd exception which can also be down to the way people have applied.
he ticked the other cat tickets too

You couldnt tick all of them Wez.

You select one category and then you had to tick wether or not your willing to accept other categorys and it could only go up 1 or down 1.

Perhaps those whove missed out only ticked one of the lower categorys where there are more applicants?

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:25 pm

Pretty pissed off, no tickets at all, didn't have any away points but never miss a home game inc friendlies. I was hoping all those nights in a nearly empty Millenium Stadium would have counted for something !!! Still going to France though and maybe will get lucky or its fan park for me.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:28 pm

Protex Blue wrote:Pretty pissed off, no tickets at all, didn't have any away points but never miss a home game inc friendlies. I was hoping all those nights in a nearly empty Millenium Stadium would have counted for something !!! Still going to France though and maybe will get lucky or its fan park for me.

What cat did you apply for?

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:34 pm

Cat 3 so chance of 2 and 4, shit happens going to go anyway and see what happens just got to be there.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:40 pm

Protex Blue wrote:Cat 3 so chance of 2 and 4, shit happens going to go anyway and see what happens just got to be there.

:thumbup:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:48 pm

I was unsuccessful, how they have arranged it is beyond me as I know a lot of people who have attended far less games than I have, but they were still successful.

Apparently, I should have selected each ticket individually to give me more chance. I selected the follow your team tickets and as everyone else did this, it restricted the numbers. A certain figure was selected from all the follow your team applications and as the numbers were so great, that meant a lot of the follow your team applications were unsuccessful.

So if I requested each ticket individually instead of selecting follow your team, my chance of having my application accepted would have been far greater. Not sure how true that is, but I will be stunned if the reason I wasn't successful was because I didn't apply a certain, "correct" way. It's a complete joke.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:16 pm

I got 2 tickets for Slovakia and Russia. I applied for cat 2 tickets as thinking was could get cat 1 or 3. I think this may have made a difference. Not many of cheap tickets available. Didn't get England tickets but not going there staying south France for 11 days. Cannot wait this has made my year

Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:18 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I was unsuccessful, how they have arranged it is beyond me as I know a lot of people who have attended far less games than I have, but they were still successful.

Apparently, I should have selected each ticket individually to give me more chance. I selected the follow your team tickets and as everyone else did this, it restricted the numbers. A certain figure was selected from all the follow your team applications and as the numbers were so great, that meant a lot of the follow your team applications were unsuccessful.

So if I requested each ticket individually instead of selecting follow your team, my chance of having my application accepted would have been far greater. Not sure how true that is, but I will be stunned if the reason I wasn't successful was because I didn't apply a certain, "correct" way. It's a complete joke.

When I applied I didn't do follow your team as my thinking was exactly what may have happened. I applied for all 3 games and got 2 games with 2 tickets each. Sorry mate but sure there will be a way to get tickets. Particularly the Slovakia game

Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:28 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I was unsuccessful, how they have arranged it is beyond me as I know a lot of people who have attended far less games than I have, but they were still successful.

Did the same
Follow my team 3 games - hopefully Slovaks & Russian`s won`t bring many and neutrals will sell spares ?

Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:17 pm

Two ticket per member is absurd, I understand doing this when tin pot teams get to Wembley but they knew there was going to be huge demand for Wales tickets out in France. Should have just been one ticket per member, the most loyal fans get first dibs then just go down the points scale.

I feel for people who have been unsuccessful but I do feel only those that have gone away should be eligible. I've read people who said they have been unable to go away in the past but go to all home games, tough tits I say.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:58 pm

I got all the group games and quarterfinal, so am over the moon, but if it's any comfort to those that were unsuccessful, you will genuinely have just as good a time if not better than those in the ground, just watch it in a local bar out there, full of Welsh fans. I did that in Belgium and it was a better crack, than going through all the shit you have to go through, getting in and out of the ground. There will be loads without tickets having a great time :thumbup:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:01 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Between me and 5 mates, we have 15 tickets, we're selling them for £150 each with England game tickets £500 each.

If anyone is interested, get on Ebay and bid :thumbup:

Good luck. Hope nobody reports you for being a tout :thumbup:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:05 pm

unsuccesful but I have never been away with Wales so didn't expect anything, although there is one guy I know with one for the Russia game who literally said to me about 3 years ago 'I don't bother watching Wales, we are sh*T and I just don't care about 'em' :oops: '

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:16 pm

Me and my boy are in ..... tickets for all 3 games ..... cat 3 for England and Slovakia and cat 2 for Russia. I`m over the moon!

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:23 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Between me and 5 mates, we have 15 tickets, we're selling them for £150 each with England game tickets £500 each.

If anyone is interested, get on Ebay and bid :thumbup:

Haven't been sent out yet so selling thin air on eBay then?

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:26 pm

I wasn't greedy, just applied for 1 ticket for the Slovakia game, got what I wanted, happy enough.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:29 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:I wasn't greedy, just applied for 1 ticket for the Slovakia game, got what I wanted, happy enough.

This attitude seems to have won the day, I think the people who have missed out were too greedy and went for two tickets for every game.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:32 pm

I've only got half season ticket but managed wales vs russia tickets

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:47 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:I've only got half season ticket but managed wales vs russia tickets

And i've read stories that people who've been to every Wales game since World War one have missed out. Either you're incredibly lucky or they are lying.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:53 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:I wasn't greedy, just applied for 1 ticket for the Slovakia game, got what I wanted, happy enough.

This attitude seems to have won the day, I think the people who have missed out were too greedy and went for two tickets for every game.

Polo never applied for any but still managed to get 2 tickets for the Slovakia game. :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:57 pm

norms76 wrote:

Polo never applied for any but still managed to get 2 tickets for the Slovakia game. :lol: :lol:

Didn't even ask either my work mate askes me today if I wanted 2. Crazy.

I was happy just going out to the fan zone or watch it in a bar. I'm only out there for the craic.

I told him if he finds someone who goes away with Wales then give the tickets to them. Kind of guy I am.
Last edited by polo on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:57 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Two ticket per member is absurd, I understand doing this when tin pot teams get to Wembley but they knew there was going to be huge demand for Wales tickets out in France. Should have just been one ticket per member, the most loyal fans get first dibs then just go down the points scale.

I feel for people who have been unsuccessful but I do feel only those that have gone away should be eligible. I've read people who said they have been unable to go away in the past but go to all home games, tough tits I say.

I thought I'd heard that it was something to do with UEFA wanting all tickets to be sold? Like if it was only 1 ticket per member, and Wales ended up with an allocation of about 15k in the Stade de France, there's a risk not every ticket would be sold (though I doubt that very much), whereas if it's 2 tickets per member, the members are then 'forced' (for want of a better word) to take 2 tickets.

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense!

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:00 pm

Also you have to buy tickets on credit cards and so how would kids get tickets for the games if they restricted it to one per person?

If you're a regular, especially at away games, then I'm sure you will have the contacts to get a ticket if you miss out.

Looks to me like those being greedy and going for the follow the team option have come unstuck.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:04 pm

polo wrote:
norms76 wrote:

Didn't even ask either my work mate askes me today if I wanted 2. Crazy.

I was happy just going out to the fan zone or watch it in a bar. I'm only out there for the craic.

I told him if he finds someone who goes away with Wales then give the tickets to them. Kind of guy I am.

:lol:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:18 pm

I've got lots of tickets, selling them to make money :laughing6:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:22 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:I've got lots of tickets, selling them to make money :laughing6:

Wonder when the "any spare tickets" threads will start to appear followed by a short story of how long they've been following Wales. :laughing6:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:24 pm

norms76 wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:I've got lots of tickets, selling them to make money :laughing6:

Wonder when the "any spare tickets" threads will start to appear followed by a short story of how long they've been following Wales. :laughing6:

:laughing6:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:40 pm

Had 14 loyalty points and got all tickets

3 groups , last 16 and the final

If you typed your card details in wrong you would have been rejected

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Protex Blue wrote:Pretty pissed off, no tickets at all, didn't have any away points but never miss a home game inc friendlies. I was hoping all those nights in a nearly empty Millenium Stadium would have counted for something !!! Still going to France though and maybe will get lucky or its fan park for me.

But the FAW said that only the last three qualification campaigns (Euro 2012, WC 2014 and Euro 2016) were taken into account, with the most weight given to the last one, obviously. Games at the Millennium don't count, basically (apart from England in the Euro 2012 qualifiers, I suppose).