Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Play off Semi Final

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:14 am

Football League rules state that in the play off semi final home clubs are not allowed to reduce the price of tickets from normal charge without consent of opposition.Means if City get to that position we can't offer £2 tickets , for example , to fill the stadium.I realise it's a long shot to get to that position but if we look like sealing a play off slot it seems good business to offer greatly reduced tickets for our final few home games .This may well entice absent ( only if we're in the Prem) supporters back and fill stadium.We filled Millenium and Wembley.Those fans would , I believe, be happy to pay full price for semi final and have a full house.I'm not knocking stay away fans ,as each have their reasons ,and would welcome any extra bums on seats.Please don't slag off "Glory hunters".This is the way modern football is going .There will always be the die hard, any division fans but I would rather a supporter to an empty seat.Wait for the negative responses!!!

Re: Play off Semi Final

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:35 am

If we make it to the playoffs all the plastics will come crawling back

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:46 am

If we make the play offs it will be a miracle

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:07 am

mymucker wrote:Football League rules state that in the play off semi final home clubs are not allowed to reduce the price of tickets from normal charge without consent of opposition.Means if City get to that position we can't offer £2 tickets , for example , to fill the stadium.I realise it's a long shot to get to that position but if we look like sealing a play off slot it seems good business to offer greatly reduced tickets for our final few home games .This may well entice absent ( only if we're in the Prem) supporters back and fill stadium.We filled Millenium and Wembley.Those fans would , I believe, be happy to pay full price for semi final and have a full house.I'm not knocking stay away fans ,as each have their reasons ,and would welcome any extra bums on seats.Please don't slag off "Glory hunters".This is the way modern football is going .There will always be the die hard, any division fans but I would rather a supporter to an empty seat.Wait for the negative responses!!!

Any incentive to get fans back into the stadium is a good idea. I really like this one as It could build momentum. Unfortunately you would have to start the offer from the next home game (Brighton) and keep it for every home game to the end of the season.

That could upset season ticket holders but as one myself I wouldn't be against it.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:38 am

its the price of the season ticket that stops this really. and one reason i am hoping there is a reduction in the cost for next season

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:54 am

A run of ten straight wins would probably do more for the attendances than all the rest of the idea's put together. :lol:

Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:36 pm

i dont agree with the cheaper tickets bit. honestly believe our prices remain fair priced for adults. i like the way the club are now going into schools with the ticket deals. should have been done a long time ago. could argue kids tickets should be cheaper but it seems the same all around the country.
some fans may return with a change of manager (some wont), honestly think the club is starting to do things in the correct manner. Slade deserves untill the end of the season now, even tho im not a fan of his football style.
i think the next step is to get a manager who plays a good attacking football philiosophy who all fans can get behind for next season, and any future managers then also to be with that philosophy and keep it going throughout the club. hate to say it but Jenkins had it right with them down the road, even tho its taken a long time to implement (since Bryan Flynn days im led to believe).
a huge way to win me around personally would be to swap the family stand and canton stand around, but do understand the problems they may have doing this. but it would improve the atmosphere tenfold and bring a lot of the fans back in my opinion