Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Crowds are dwindling "I Dont blame the fans" Says ex City

Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:26 am

The club itself needs to take action to reconnect with the fan base
By Nathan Blake

Tuesday 9th Feb 2016

One thing that is going to need to happen is for the fans to get behind the side. At home, where results have just not happened recently for the side, this is vitally important. I’m not even sure the supporters realise what an influence they can have on their team.

When I was playing, to have that support behind you always lifted you and gave you that extra half a yard. I know crowds are dwindling this season and I know the reasons why and I don’t blame fans.

I’ve said all along, the club itself needs to take action to reconnect with the fan base. The supporters need to feel closer to the players themselves, to identify with them again, and the club should help out with this too. If anything is going to be achieved this campaign then we are all going to have to be in it together.

Re: ' Crowds are dwindling "I Dont blame the fans" Says ex C

Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:58 am

Doesn't help when every article published about the club is negative

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:25 am

We need a quality manager and a chairmen who really wants to be with us and who will hands on everyday not running other clubs as well and thousands miles away either

Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:34 am

I don't remember Blakey regularly playing of front of crowds of 12,000+ )there than the odd game, e.g. Manchester City (his 'wider Goal' game) ;)

What cannot be denied though, is that the crowd in those days at Parc Ninian was light years ahead in its generic and vocal support for their club and their players! :thumbup:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:09 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:We need a quality manager and a chairmen who really wants to be with us and who will hands on everyday not running other clubs as well and thousands miles away either

The chairman isn't thousands of miles away.

The owner is.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:11 pm

KBK-13 wrote:Doesn't help when every article published about the club is negative

Where's the positives then? The Media and fans talk about what's going on rite now that's how it works.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The club itself needs to take action to reconnect with the fan base
By Nathan Blake

Tuesday 9th Feb 2016

One thing that is going to need to happen is for the fans to get behind the side. At home, where results have just not happened recently for the side, this is vitally important. I’m not even sure the supporters realise what an influence they can have on their team.

When I was playing, to have that support behind you always lifted you and gave you that extra half a yard. I know crowds are dwindling this season and I know the reasons why and I don’t blame fans.

I’ve said all along, the club itself needs to take action to reconnect with the fan base. The supporters need to feel closer to the players themselves, to identify with them again, and the club should help out with this too. If anything is going to be achieved this campaign then we are all going to have to be in it together.

You've been saying this for ages Blake stop repeating yourself we know. :laughing6:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:58 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:We need a quality manager and a chairmen who really wants to be with us and who will hands on everyday not running other clubs as well and thousands miles away either

The owner is.

And plenty of clubs have OWNERS who do not attend regularly. That's why they have a CHAIRMAN & CEO to run their business for them.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:46 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:

The owner is.

Ok I'll rephrase we need a owner who wants to be with us and working closely with a chairmen and not thousands of miles away and also running other clubs

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The club itself needs to take action to reconnect with the fan base
By Nathan Blake

Tuesday 9th Feb 2016

The main point he is missing is its the type of fans that are going.

It's Men that have supported the club 20, 30, 40 years, and they are being replaced with happy clappy fans and women and children, they will never create the type of atmosphere he enjoyed in Games like Man City in tha cup, and all the others.

It's finished, a trip to B&Q has about the same atmosphere as the boring City Stadium, where the away fans can't be heard by the remaining traditional supporters !!!!

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:03 pm

In fairness, our crowds were similar before the play-offs, cup finals and promotion to the top flight.
I seem to recall crowds of 11000 under Sam Hammam at NP in this league.
Why do people worry about it??

Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:32 am

The difference between Ninian Park and the new stadium with 11,000 fans there is the difference in size it looks pathetic in new ground when it holds 33,000 after our home games I always watch us on football league show even after being at the game myself and it looks like nobody is actually in the stands at all. Was built far too big and the red seats what a waste of money building the extension it's never open unless Wales game.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:15 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:

The owner is.

Ok I'll rephrase we need a owner who wants to be with us and working closely with a chairmen and not thousands of miles away and also running other clubs

Harmony at Watford is decent, passionate fans with great displays from the fans, like flags etc. Pozzo family runs multiple clubs?