Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Brendan Rogers '

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:48 am

RODGERS: I'VE TURNED DOWN FIVE JOBS

09th Feb 2016

Brendan Rodgers says he has had offers from five clubs since being sacked by Liverpool in October.

"I have had five opportunities since I left Liverpool to get back into work, all at clubs I really respect," Rodgers told beIN Sports.

"But I just felt I wanted to take some time out. It is very intense when you are in the game.
"I spoke to Huw Jenkins, the chairman and people I know well, but I made it clear and I was pretty open. Swansea is a wonderful club and there were also a couple of other Premier League clubs I could have gone back to.

"But I wasn't going to be available to come into a club before the summer. I enjoy the scrutiny and life of being at the leading edge of the game, but the opportunity that presented itself when I left Liverpool gave me the chance to go away for the first time in five years.
"I can sit and reflect on how I work and can improve and I hope my next club will benefit from that. I had the same situation when I left Reading in December [2009].
"I had a bit of time out and my next club, Swansea, benefited from that and it went well, as it did at Liverpool for a period. So I hope this will be the same and then I will look to get back somewhere by pre-season."