Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' City v Wales '

Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:15 pm

What would you prefer?

City to get promoted by winning the play off final or Wales to win the European Championship?

Leave answers below, show your workings out please.

Re: City v Wales

Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:20 pm

City going up

Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:41 pm

I'd like to abstain cause I'd prefer both. :D

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:03 pm

City are unlikely to go up via the play-offs, but it is, just about, possible. Wales will not win the Euros.

This question pops up from time to time, but it does not have to be one or the other.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:22 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:City are unlikely to go up via the play-offs, but it is, just about, possible. Wales will not win the Euros.

This question pops up from time to time, but it does not have to be one or the other.

Normally it's Wales to qualify or City to go up. Of course it's doesn't have to be one or the other, it just a question, a bit of fun, I'm not actually suggesting we have a say in it :lol:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:25 pm

harold pinta wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:City are unlikely to go up via the play-offs, but it is, just about, possible. Wales will not win the Euros.

Normally it's Wales to qualify or City to go up. Of course it's doesn't have to be one or the other, it just a question, a bit of fun, I'm not actually suggesting we have a say in it :lol:

Fair enough! If pushed, City for me :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:22 am

City for me first every time :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Re: ' City v Wales '

Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:24 am

Cardiff City FC EVERY time! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :notworthy: :bluebird:

Not a particular fan/follower of international football and I am no fan of the FAW :(

Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:06 pm

wouldn't want for city to go up this season because I think a new manager needs time by they hit the premier league or we be coming straight back down

Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:08 pm

City 1st, by a long way. :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:42 pm

Can we have both? ;)

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:07 pm

Im going for Wales.

City have been up before and im buzzing cos ive got my tickets :D

Now City winning the prem......CL ;)

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:10 pm

harold pinta wrote:What would you prefer?

City to get promoted by winning the play off final or Wales to win the European Championship?

Leave answers below, show your workings out please.

City to go up, we do have a chance, slim but still a chance

Wales have no chance, sad but true, hope i get proved wrong though :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:48 pm

Wales. It would probably never happen again.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:43 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Wales. It would probably never happen again.

Then we win the world cup the welsh conquers. :D

Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:48 pm

I love Wales but blood bleeds blue didn't even have to think about it :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:07 pm

City First, without question.

Country Second.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:18 pm

City all the way! But im absolutely for euros, if Wales gets to knockouts i think that would be a big acheivement!

Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:19 pm

As much as I would love City to go up, there will be many more opportunities to get promoted, you get a crack at it every year, and ultimately whether we are in the top flight or league two, I will still go and support my club.

Wales actually winning a tournament, like Greece and Denmark did, is truly a once in a lifetime occurrence. It would do so much for the game in our country which, ultimately would help club football too.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:28 pm

City all the way! But im absolutely for euros, if Wales gets to knockouts i think that would be a big acheivement!

Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:03 pm

harold pinta wrote:As much as I would love City to go up, there will be many more opportunities to get promoted, you get a crack at it every year, and ultimately whether we are in the top flight or league two, I will still go and support my club.

Wales actually winning a tournament, like Greece and Denmark did, is truly a once in a lifetime occurrence. It would do so much for the game in our country which, ultimately would help club football too.

this defo well said :thumbup:

Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:08 pm

Wales winning the European Championships without a doubt for me.

I didn't really enjoy the Premiership experience getting treated like a criminal for the majority of away games. I spent thousands attending every game that season and although we had some great moments like beating Man City, I didn't feel I had value for money. The restrictions, time limits and lack of freedom gave me many poor Premiership days out. I've always preferred the lesser grounds where you have the freedom to stand on the terraces, talk to proper fans and get close to the pitch and players anyway.

Wales winning the European Championships would really stick two fingers up to our lovely pro rugby, anti football city. If Wales won the European Championships, the city of Cardiff would have no choice but to capitalise on the achievement by jumping on the bandwagon. The interest and demand would simply be too much for our city to turn down and we would at least get treated more fairly in the city centre than we usually do. For the first time in my lifetime, I would see our city make an effort towards our football fans, which is something I would love to see one day!

Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:44 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Wales winning the European Championships without a doubt for me.

I didn't really enjoy the Premiership experience getting treated like a criminal for the majority of away games. I spent thousands attending every game that season and although we had some great moments like beating Man City, I didn't feel I had value for money. The restrictions, time limits and lack of freedom gave me many poor Premiership days out. I've always preferred the lesser grounds where you have the freedom to stand on the terraces, talk to proper fans and get close to the pitch and players anyway.

Wales winning the European Championships would really stick two fingers up to our lovely pro rugby, anti football city. If Wales won the European Championships, the city of Cardiff would have no choice but to capitalise on the achievement by jumping on the bandwagon. The interest and demand would simply be too much for our city to turn down and we would at least get treated more fairly in the city centre than we usually do. For the first time in my lifetime, I would see our city make an effort towards our football fans, which is something I would love to see one day!

Good luck with the second paragraph! Even if Wales did win the Euros! The Welsh establishment will never take to football.