Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' RUSSELL SLADE OFF THE FIELD/THE STRESS '

Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:15 pm

' RUSSELL SLADE OFF THE FIELD/THE STRESS '

You have to ask, away from what's happening on the pitch what the... Is going on with the non-football management.

For me Slade has a tough enough job managing our Championship team and looking for his own players.

Slade would not be my first choice by a long way,as I don't think he has the qualities or plan b to take a club up from the Championship,but he has achieved this season by far, more than I thought he would, in fact I thought we would be in the bottom half all season. And you never know, Slade still might make the plays-offs.

But away from the every day managing of the team, Slade has to contend with not knowing which player is going out next or what player Tan decides he wants to bring in.

Tony Watt was Slades choice,but he wasn't able to keep him.

By Slades own admission Kenwyne Jones and Joe Mason were let go without even Slade knowing until virtually the deals were done and that I belive has happened with numerous players over the 14 months Slade has managed us.

A lot of players were not allowed to be even picked,because of their high wages or other reasons and Slade was the one they would continually knock on the door for answers.

Ive heard Slade is more stressed than we will ever realise and his job at Cardiff has probably been not only had hard enough on the field but virtually quite impossible at times to do off the field.

Yes Slade took the job on as manager,but I honestly don't believe he knew what he had to contend with.

And don't forget Slade takes all the stick,no one mentions Tan?

So I can't see Slade wanting to stay after May even if asked too,but the big question is, who would take this type of job on under these conditions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' RUSSELL SLADE OFF THE FIELD/THE STRESS '

Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:19 pm

Its interesting I wouldn't be surprised if Tan offered him a new contract tomorrow and accepts it and with the conditions he is working under I hope that it was just a temporary thing for Tan do to during the cut backs when its finished Tan will back off and give the manager breathing space hopefully.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:22 pm

Always someone willing annis and dont mean another slade type, that's football and managers need employment! :thumbup:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' RUSSELL SLADE OFF THE FIELD/THE STRESS '

You have to ask, away from what's happening on the pitch what the... Is going on with the non-football management.

For me Slade has a tough enough job managing our Championship team and looking for his own players.

Slade would not be my first choice by a long way,as I don't think he has the qualities or plan b to take a club up from the Championship,but he has achieved this season by far, more than I thought he would, in fact I thought we would be in the bottom half all season. And you never know, Slade still might make the plays-offs.

But away from the every day managing of the team, Slade has to contend with not knowing which player is going out next or what player Tan decides he wants to bring in.

Tony Watt was Slades choice,but he wasn't able to keep him.

By Slades own admission Kenwyne Jones and Joe Mason were let go without even Slade knowing until virtually the deals were done and that I belive has happened with numerous players over the 14 months Slade has managed us.

A lot of players were not allowed to be even picked,because of their high wages or other reasons and Slade was the one they would continually knock on the door for answers.

Ive heard Slade is more stressed than we will ever realise and his job at Cardiff has probably been not only had hard enough on the field but virtually quite impossible at times to do off the field.

Yes Slade took the job on as manager,but I honestly don't believe he knew what he had to contend with.

And don't forget Slade takes all the stick,no one mentions Tan?

So I can't see Slade wanting to stay after May even if asked too,but the big question is, who would take this type of job on under these conditions?

No more stress than other managers have to put up with ,slade has it easy compared to mangers in the past in the early Dave Jones days we never had a grass training pitch to play on and didn't know one day to the next where trying was

Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:32 pm

From Twitter
David Samuel ‏@dai_sam65
@AnnisAbraham feel for Slade think he should tell Vinnie where to stick it but surely he knew what was happening when taking the job?#Circus

Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Seems like another club bashing thread this will turn into ,I'd you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen simple really

Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:35 pm

How is anything you listed above, Annis, any different to what most other managers are dealing with at other clubs?

He knew the deal when he came in, and not a single thing has changed in that time. He wanted Watt but didn't get him? Well, happens to a lot of managers too.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:38 pm

KWest wrote:How is anything you listed above, Annis, any different to what most other managers are dealing with at other clubs?

He knew the deal when he came in, and not a single thing has changed in that time. He wanted Watt but didn't get him? Well, happens to a lot of managers too.

What being told on the morning of the day the players are being sold or loaned out and not knowing in advance and not being able to keep players he wants.

So do you believe Pulis,Warnock,Holloway etc etc would allow all this?

Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:38 pm

To be honest, I did not even think what it was like for Slade. It must be stressful and he'll probably go in the summer, especially with him receiving other offers.

Who would take the job? There's always managers who want work - don't forget Pulis wanted this job before Slade was appointed - although maybe he didn't know about the cut-backs that were due to happen.

I'm not a Slade fan and will be happy to see him go, but could it be a case of us wishing he'd come back if the new man monumentally fails.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:39 pm

The Real Madrid manager has no say in who comes in and those who leave so i am not stressed that you believe he has little say in some matters.

All he has to do is pick from an unbalanced but talented squad to gain a results against decent opposition but he struggles when he comes against anything other than 442.

He is safe but limited pair of hands.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:42 pm

Don't wish that on Slade Chief. Regarding Tan I did say if he returned us back to blue I would lay off him and I have stuck to that. It is clear Slade will be here till the end of the season so its get behind the team. But to be fair Slade new he was going to be Tans bitch from the off. He took the job as he would of been on the scrap heap had he not, so you can't blame him.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
KWest wrote:How is anything you listed above, Annis, any different to what most other managers are dealing with at other clubs?

What being told on the morning of the day the players are being sold or loaned out and not knowing in advance and not being able to keep players he wants.

They may not Annis but there has been managers in same situation as Slade its not new!

Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Always someone willing annis and dont mean another slade type, that's football and managers need employment! :thumbup:

Allan, Your right there, we got Slade.
But will we get an experienced Championship manager or even Craig Bellamy?

Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Hang on a minute!! What about the managers like Dave Jones and the managers before him ?

Losing players of the ilk of Kavanagh, Collins, Gabbidon, Earnshaw, Gunter, Ramsey, Loovens, Johnson? Compare that to Slade who has lost Mason and Jones and I do wonder why you are, all of a sudden, defending Slade and blaming Tan !!??

Come on, it can't be one rule Slade and another for everyone else just because of your hatred for Tan surely!!??

Quite frankly that just doesn't stack up, particularly when you were so vehemently against Jones.

Slade is the problem, as many have said he has the players just not the tactical nouse.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:34 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hang on a minute!! What about the managers like Dave Jones and the managers before him ?

Losing players of the ilk of Kavanagh, Collins, Gabbidon, Earnshaw, Gunter, Ramsey, Loovens, Johnson? Compare that to Slade who has lost Mason and Jones and I do wonder why you are, all of a sudden, defending Slade and blaming Tan !!??

Come on, it can't be one rule Slade and another for everyone else just because of your hatred for Tan surely!!??

Quite frankly that just doesn't stack up, particularly when you were so vehemently against Jones.

I was against Dave Jones because of his arrogance towards our fans and said that on numerous occasions,plus his players were allowed to party,drink out and the scandal was horrendous.

Of course its happened to other managers in football,but good,strong,quality managers would not tolerate it.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I was against Dave Jones because of his arrogance towards our fans and said that on numerous occasions,plus his players were allowed to party,drink out and the scandal was horrendous.

Of course its happened to other managers in football,but good,strong,quality managers would not tolerate it.

I think you are being naive and slightly biased. There are many managers who have had to deal with this type of stuff and willing to do so.

Sherwood at Villa lost Benteke and Others yet stayed until he was sacked. Koeman lost half his squad against his will, etc. It is how football is unless you're in the top 5 in Europe.

Slade is the reason why we're struggling. Despite everything we could still make the playoffs with a decent manager, we haven't got one and it will be a real struggle to make it as a result.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:14 pm

Annis, with utmost respect my friend, it's almost like you're on the Titanic with no dingy, a bit like Slade, lol. This team is more agile and better without Kenwyn and Mason, and we got good money, and that's what Mr Tan and us needed. It is not a bottomless pit like when your mate Malky was here. Seriously, Slade is NOT good enough, and in your blind hatred for Mr Tan you are actually saying you feel sorry for Slade?? He is out of his depth wading through his verbal diarrhoea, a bit like Sam Hamman telling us all these years he is not Langstone. Do you now feel sorry for Sam Hamman, because our courageous boss Vinnie Tan kicked him between the legs!!???

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:21 pm

TigerBayRoller wrote:Annis, with utmost respect my friend, it's almost like you're on the Titanic with no dingy, a bit like Slade, lol. This team is more agile and better without Kenwyn and Mason, and we got good money, and that's what Mr Tan and us needed. It is not a bottomless pit like when your mate Malky was here. Seriously, Slade is NOT good enough, and in your blind hatred for Mr Tan you are actually saying you feel sorry for Slade?? He is out of his depth wading through his verbal diarrhoea, a bit like Sam Hamman telling us all these years he is not Langstone. Do you now feel sorry for Sam Hamman, because our courageous boss Vinnie Tan kicked him between the legs!!???

:lol: r u tan

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:23 pm

There is no way people like Pulis or Bellamy would accept the job on Slade's terms.

An out of a job merchant might take it but those boys will want backing that Tan cannot give to FFP rules.

If we don't go up this year there is a 10 million reduction in our income for next year as it is the third year of parachute payments. Our total income for next year will be less than 25 million including parachute payments and the debt would be 6 or 7 times our annual income.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:26 pm

TigerBayRoller wrote:Annis, with utmost respect my friend, it's almost like you're on the Titanic with no dingy, a bit like Slade, lol. This team is more agile and better without Kenwyn and Mason, and we got good money, and that's what Mr Tan and us needed. It is not a bottomless pit like when your mate Malky was here. Seriously, Slade is NOT good enough, and in your blind hatred for Mr Tan you are actually saying you feel sorry for Slade?? He is out of his depth wading through his verbal diarrhoea, a bit like Sam Hamman telling us all these years he is not Langstone. Do you now feel sorry for Sam Hamman, because our courageous boss Vinnie Tan kicked him between the legs!!???

There is no way people like Pulis or Bellamy would accept the job on Slade's terms.

An out of a job merchant might take it but those boys will want backing that Tan cannot give to FFP rules.

If we don't go up this year there is a 10 million reduction in our income for next year as it is the third year of parachute payments. Our total income for next year will be less than 25 million including parachute payments and the debt would be 6 or 7 times our annual income.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:22 am

And you worry about this because????
Let it go Annis mate, it's out of your hands, just enjoy the footie under stressed out Slade!! Or maybe you can give Sam Hamman a call to bail us out....

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:28 am

Disagree, no more than other football managers.
Look what Dave Jones had to put up with. He took the job with his eyes wide open, with most of the fans he has been given a fair crack, some posters stirred from the start, but that would be the same even if Tan appointed Jose M.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:38 am

"No one mentions Tan" WTF!?!?!

Youre having a laugh :lol:
Last edited by polo on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:40 am

Said it before and ill say it again. Try managing Blackpool last season, or Bolton this season. Thats what you call a real shambles and stressful situation.

We still had / have a good quality squad, better than most outside the big 4 in this division and Slade is still talking about bringing more players on loan. If things were that bad he would have been made to use the kids.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:00 am

Not a fan of his tactical style, at all, but he has put up with a lot more than most, with most of the fans against him, hands tied by VT. plus on a tenth of what Dave Jones was on if i remember rightly.

I dont think its ok to abuse him constantly, I sit in 206 and the only voices you hear in the entire block is moaning a RS, 5 minutes into games lol.

Having said that the summer could'nt come quick enough. :laughing5:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:18 pm

We are a club in transition and we have hired a 'Red Adair' manager in Slade to do a turnaround job whilst the club is stabilised financially.

Personally I think hiring someone to do this job for a reported £125k a year is a masterstroke. Why pay up to 8 times more (as in Dave Jones) to get the same results?

The club at the moment is in a position of being reactive rather than proactive due to FFP and the drop in income. Frankly we have to take opportunities to cut costs or raise finance when they appear. I'm sure Slade knew this when he took the job and in fairness he has done a 7 out of ten job when all is considered.

Where he has real grounds to moan is his treatment by the supporters which due to all the abuse has been appalling.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:25 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:We are a club in transition and we have hired a 'Red Adair' manager in Slade to do a turnaround job whilst the club is stabilised financially.

Personally I think hiring someone to do this job for a reported £125k a year is a masterstroke. Why pay up to 8 times more (as in Dave Jones) to get the same results?

The club at the moment is in a position of being reactive rather than proactive due to FFP and the drop in income. Frankly we have to take opportunities to cut costs or raise finance when they appear. I'm sure Slade knew this when he took the job and in fairness he has done a 7 out of ten job when all is considered.

Where he has real grounds to moan is his treatment by the supporters which due to all the abuse has been appalling.

Agree with you

Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:23 pm

TigerBayRoller wrote:And you worry about this because????
Let it go Annis mate, it's out of your hands, just enjoy the footie under stressed out Slade!! Or maybe you can give Sam Hamman a call to bail us out....

I'm not worrying, I'm just saying as a fan who sees City week in week out hears about what's going on, I feel Slade takes a lot of unfair criticism.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:24 pm

polo wrote:"No one mentions Tan" WTF!?!?!

Youre having a laugh :lol:

Chris, I do :lol:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:25 pm

rustyblue wrote:Not a fan of his tactical style, at all, but he has put up with a lot more than most, with most of the fans against him, hands tied by VT. plus on a tenth of what Dave Jones was on if i remember rightly.

I dont think its ok to abuse him constantly, I sit in 206 and the only voices you hear in the entire block is moaning a RS, 5 minutes into games lol.

Having said that the summer could'nt come quick enough. :laughing5:

Spot on Ristey,

Slade has also been personally abused walking the town centre of Penarth, which is out of order.