' Chinese gone Crazy on Spending to get players '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:29 am

CHINA SPENDING ONLY STARTING

08/02/16

Former Everton midfielder Tim Cahill has warned that Chinese spending is only going to increase following the recent influx of stars.

"It's crazy to see but this is only going to get worse," Cahill, who plays in the Chinese Super League for Shanghai Shenhua, told Fox Sports. "This is going to be massive.

"I don't know whether it's going to help the league, but they're investing. They're doing great things. They've got the power.

"When they want something they get it, and when they don't want something they get rid of it."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Chinese gone Crazy on Spending to get players '

Postby Balfblue » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:34 am

Would love to see quality premiership/European players head to China... then the clubs could not charge such huge prices for games methinks... :bluebird:
Balfblue

Postby polo » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:33 pm

Balfblue wrote:Would love to see quality premiership/European players head to China... then the clubs could not charge such huge prices for games methinks... :bluebird:

You reckon? if all the best players went to to China then this country wouldnt get the same TV revenue it enjoys now so would be more likely to try and make up that shortfall from the fans.
polo

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:45 pm

JT - Next ???
TopCat CCFC

Postby Bluebird since 1948 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:07 pm

A good friend of mine has lived in China for years and watches is local Chinese super league side. Tells me the standard is absolutely terrible and the new players going over there will tear up and make a mockery of the league. I think the players over there will regret it after a while, they will watch Champions league games and think "I should be playing".
Bluebird since 1948

Postby caerblue » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:58 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:A good friend of mine has lived in China for years and watches is local Chinese super league side. Tells me the standard is absolutely terrible and the new players going over there will tear up and make a mockery of the league. I think the players over there will regret it after a while, they will watch Champions league games and think "I should be playing".

I doubt they will regret it,the only thing they ll be watching is their bank balance,that's the only thing players are interested in
caerblue

Postby Balfblue » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:36 pm

polo wrote:
Balfblue wrote:Would love to see quality premiership/European players head to China... then the clubs could not charge such huge prices for games methinks... :bluebird:

You reckon? if all the best players went to to China then this country wouldnt get the same TV revenue it enjoys now so would be more likely to try and make up that shortfall from the fans.

Fair point chief... though with the current media coverage of price of tickets clubs finance officers at clubs may need to look at other revenue streams to make up any shortfall... Doubt if there will be a mass exodus of top class players, though can see some players leaving to cash in! :bluebird:
Balfblue

Postby Rydogsccfc » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:51 pm

Its a shame players go over there to waste their talent its all just for the dough eh.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Bluebird1977 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:24 pm

caerblue wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:A good friend of mine has lived in China for years and watches is local Chinese super league side. Tells me the standard is absolutely terrible and the new players going over there will tear up and make a mockery of the league. I think the players over there will regret it after a while, they will watch Champions league games and think "I should be playing".

I doubt they will regret it,the only thing they ll be watching is their bank balance,that's the only thing players are interested in

Hear hear :thumbup:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby nubbsy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:27 pm

Balfblue wrote:
polo wrote:

Fair point chief... though with the current media coverage of price of tickets clubs finance officers at clubs may need to look at other revenue streams to make up any shortfall... Doubt if there will be a mass exodus of top class players, though can see some players leaving to cash in! :bluebird:

Yeah just players who are past their prime and wana cash in for the last few years
nubbsy

Postby Bluebird since 1948 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:46 pm

caerblue wrote:

You say that like they get paid peanuts in Europe. There will be a tinge of regret that a lot of them will never get the plaudits for being great players because they played in a vastly inferior league.
Bluebird since 1948

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:13 am

THE European transfer window may be closed but the Chinese action is just warming up!

Clubs from the Chinese Super League are making a seismic impact on the traditional European market, and still have until February 26 to buy players.

Considering the hefty transactions they’ve made in recent times, it seems they’ll be looking to make the most of the next two weeks.

In the last month, Liverpool target Alex Teixeira, Chelsea midfielder Ramires, Atletico Madrid striker Jackson Martinez and Gervinho from Roma have all been brought to China with big deals, while Yaya Toure, Oscar, Radamel Falcao, Wayne Rooney and Robin Van Persie were linked with massive moves to the East.

With cash to burn, the question is: who will the Chinese clubs tempt with massive money next?
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:17 am

Barcelona defender Dani Alves could be the next big-name to jump ship to the Chinese Super League.

Having been offered a three-year contract worth £9.2 million per year by an unnamed club, the Brazilian may be on the verge of leaving the Nou Camp, according to Mundo Deportivo.

The 32-year-old is under contract with the Catalan giants until 2017, but with the Chinese transfer window open for another couple of weeks, there‘s more than enough time for a deal to be pushed through if Barca are willing to let their eight-year veteran leave.

The attempted heist of Barcelona players doesn’t stop there.

A £78 million move for Arda Turan is being planned by Beijing Guoran, according to Turkish newspaper Haberturk.

Turan only registered with Barca in January and has already become an important part of their midfield, making eight appearances in just over a month.

Even with a potentially lucrative five-year Chinese deal on the table, it seems unlikely the 29-year-old would be looking towards the exit door just yet.

Elsewhere, Shanghai Shenhua (Tim Cahill’s club) want to add more Chelsea strike force to their team by targeting Loic Remy.

The Chinese side brought Demba Ba last year, and now want to offer the Blues £11 million for the 29-year-old out-of-favour striker.
Shenhua are ready to fork out for Remy’s £5.5 million salary package, which would also see him follow in Didier Drogba’s footsteps after signing for the club four years ago.

But their forward-thinking escapades extends beyond Chelsea.

PSG’s Ezequiel Lavezzi had been strongly linked with a move to Shenhua after manager Laurent Blanc confirmed the winger is set to leave the club when his contract runs out in the summer.
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat