Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Slade to bring in Winger on Loan '

Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:11 am

?

Russell Slade: Cardiff City manager mulls over winger loan move

BBC

08th Feb 2016

Cardiff City manager Russell Slade has hinted he could bring in a winger during the emergency loan window.

Winger Craig Noone has missed the last two games, including Saturday's 0-0 draw against MK Dons, because of a rib injury.

The emergency loan window opens on Tuesday, February 9 and Slade is considering his options.

"We just have to see if there's anything available," Slade said.

"My only concern is with Pilky [Anthony Pilkington] playing up the top at this moment in time because Craig's out at the minute.

"There's a slight hairline crack on the rib so it's about how pain free you can play with it

"Maybe in the next couple of weeks it will be ok but he [Noone] could miss the next couple of games.

"We've lost a lot of goals out of the team recently and Craig's contributed six on his own."

Cardiff remain ninth in the Championship and five points behind sixth-placed Sheffield Wednesday, who occupy the final play-off spot.

The Bluebirds are away to bottom of the table Charlton Athletic next Saturday.

Re: ' Slade to bring in Winger on Loan '

Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:29 am

Just a thought but why dont you play one of your strikers up top and put "Pilky" on the wing?!?

Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:49 am

Why not bring in a striker? Zohore isn't ready. Saadi isn't fit and Macheda has hardly played at all.Lawrence and Pilks can play wide.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:53 am

Get Kennedy back

Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:53 am

Get Kennedy back

Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:02 am

bluemun wrote:Why not bring in a striker? Zohore isn't ready. Saadi isn't fit and Macheda has hardly played at all.Lawrence and Pilks can play wide.

So in the brief time that Zahore was on the pitch you have decided that he is not ready, sometimes City fans amaze me :laughing6:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:40 am

polo wrote:Just a thought but why dont you play one of your strikers up top and put "Pilky" on the wing?!?

Because pilks is looking better than any striker we have got in that role and has got 3 goals in 4 games playing there?

Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:45 am

And the tube let Kennedy go

Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:49 am

nubbsy wrote:
polo wrote:Just a thought but why dont you play one of your strikers up top and put "Pilky" on the wing?!?

Because pilks is looking better than any striker we have got in that role and has got 3 goals in 4 games playing there?

Counting his own goal agaisngt Rotherham are you?

Hes scored in 1 of the 4 games hes played up top.

What was the point in signing Zohore on loan? What was the point in signing both Lawrence and Immers if they play the same position and are not centre forwards?

Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:12 am

SLADE EYES WINGER

Cardiff City boss Russell Slade has suggested he could bring in a new winger when the emergency loan window opens on Tuesday.

"We just have to see if there's anything available," Slade said.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:13 am

So when exactly did Noone get injured :? Couldn't be that heavy challenge he took against Rotherham when the slaphead decided to keep him on the pitch for 40 minutes after he got injured.

You reap what you sow in life and if he hadn't loaned Kennedy out he would have a ready made replacement but he should be made to make do with perming any 2 from 3 with Pilkington, Whittingham and Ameobi.

Better still why not think about moving away from this "must be" 4-4-2 and try something different.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:46 am

a winger would be good, but its not like we dont have option in that area of the pitch.

doesnt sound like noone is going to be out for too long either.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:50 am

Kennedy is only on a months loan, isn't that nearly up? if it is and he does not bring him back then it just shows, that after buying him, he is not rated :thumbup:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:58 am

Igovernor wrote:Kennedy is only on a months loan, isn't that nearly up? if it is and he does not bring him back then it just shows, that after buying him, he is not rated :thumbup:

not really, he is starting for port vale so probably better for him to stay there for the rest of the season.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:23 am

When Zohore was signed, Slade said it wasn't for the first team. He may well be up to it, but we needed to sign a proven striker at this level, so why not now? We have enough wingers and players who can play in the hole.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:08 pm

Don't know how reliable this is - Noone has hurt his back not his ribs :lol:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:12 pm

Stop. Wasting. Wages. Slade.

The guy is a bloody idiot. Wish he'd piss off.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Seems odd to loan a player for the development squad, surely we have scouts who can see how he was doing elsewhere. Hardly a good level of football in the development squad.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Seems odd to loan a player for the development squad, surely we have scouts who can see how he was doing elsewhere. Hardly a good level of football in the development squad.

ITS A f*cking COP OUT!!!! I cant believe how many people swallow this bullshit.

We loan out the likes of Kennedy, O Sullivan, Oshilaja.etc because league football is better than playing in the development and yet we loan a player from another club who is not ready for the first team.

Do me a favour :roll:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:59 pm

bluemun wrote:When Zohore was signed, Slade said it wasn't for the first team. He may well be up to it, but we needed to sign a proven striker at this level, so why not now? We have enough wingers and players who can play in the hole.

What is the point of signing a LOAN player who is not ready to go into the first team?!?!!?

Answers on a postcard to R.Slade, Cardiff City Stadium.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:00 pm

polo wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

What was the point in signing Zohore on loan? What was the point in signing both Lawrence and Immers if they play the same position and are not centre forwards?

My bad, but your still wrong. He scored two goals against Huddersfield and was MOM. Caused them all sorts of problems with his runs, gave whitts a running target for once.

Also had a stormer against wolves. He also has had a couple of assists.

It baffles me how you can argue tactics with people who attend games. Steve tucker been giving you your match info?

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:01 pm

We said he was for the development squad, and for him to get experience, obviously as he was the first team squad and played, he is getting experience :laughing6:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:22 pm

polo wrote:
bluemun wrote:When Zohore was signed, Slade said it wasn't for the first team. He may well be up to it, but we needed to sign a proven striker at this level, so why not now? We have enough wingers and players who can play in the hole.

What is the point of signing a LOAN player who is not ready to go into the first team?!?!!?

the premise being i imagine that, because we couldnt sign him permanently, the club wanted to get him here before a move in the summer.

i thought they were just playing it down personally. i'd be disappointed if he wasnt seen as a first team squad player for the remainder of the season.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:38 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
polo wrote:

the premise being i imagine that, because we couldnt sign him permanently, the club wanted to get him here before a move in the summer.

i thought they were just playing it down personally. i'd be disappointed if he wasnt seen as a first team squad player for the remainder of the season.

i dont think he will be allowed to sign permanently in the summer as that would clearly be flouting the rules. I doubt the league would allow it especially as they were satisifed we were not trying to get around the embargo.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:40 pm

nubbsy wrote:
polo wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

My bad, but your still wrong. He scored two goals against Huddersfield and was MOM. Caused them all sorts of problems with his runs, gave whitts a running target for once.

It baffles me how you can argue tactics with people who attend games. Steve tucker been giving you your match info?

He didnt score two against Huddersfield. Its quite simple to argue basic facts with you really considering you cant add up, or know who he scored against. Are you sure you were at the games yourself? if you did I suggest you take more notice of what goes on.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:45 pm

polo wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
polo wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

He didnt score two against Huddersfield. Its quite simple to argue basic facts with you really considering you cant add up, or know who he scored against. Are you sure you were at the games yourself? if you did I suggest you take more notice of what goes on.

:laughing5: :laughing5:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:52 pm

Nubbsy youve had a mare son :lol: :digging2:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:49 pm

polo wrote:

I have to agree on this point, and over the last few seasons (including MM & DJ) we do have a bit of a record of signing players either for development, nothing wrong in that,,,or for no apparent reason atall.

Personally, I have no faith what so ever in RS's ability in the loan, or, for that matter, the permanent transfere markets.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:57 pm

bring Kennedy back :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:10 pm

polo wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
polo wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Rotherham I ment. Yes I go to games, I don't just come onto forums of teams I don't support and argue with whoever I can like a sad f**k with nothing better to do.

You didn't answer my question?

...you seem to know an awful lot about what Slades doing wrong and who should be playing and where considering you don't watch the games.