Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Beating Man City in red or drawing with MK Dons in blue.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:00 pm

I've been watching City for more than 45 years and never thought I'd see us in the Premier League in my lifetime. The buzz in some of those high profile games, along with the fans enjoying the football was fantastic - apart from the fact that we were playing in red. We turned blue, and so many bullshitters who said that they would return haven't. Tell you what,we'd almost all prefer to watch the Man City win over the crap dished up of late, blue or no blue! :old: :bluebird:

Re: Beating Man City in red or drawing with MK Dons in blue.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:07 pm

In blue every time mate, never mind Mk Dons, even if it were Torquay.

By the way, can you name one single person that said they would return if went back to blue? And can you name one single person that said they would but haven't?

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:08 pm

Of all the games under Slade I never though this one would be the one to break the camels back. Conditions were beyond terrible, half surprised the game went ahead. Cardiff were the only team that realistically looked like winning and bar some great last ditch defending and keeping would have

Ameobi looked better than he has for a while, Noone still to come back and the new strikers both looked good too. Didn't play long ball, played out too Manga and built quite a lot even in the shite conditions.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:08 pm

Blue for me all day. You've picked out a bad result to make it sound worse. Pick out our win v boro who are almost top.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:13 pm

There were very few highlights in the Premier League season. It was a fiasco from start to finish. I was at the Man City game, and there yesterday, too. The ups and downs of supporting our club. Saw my first game in 1967, this is how it's been for most of that time. Or worse! We were tourists in the PL, complete with holiday clothes. :bluescarf:

Well it's not an option considering we were relegated from the premier league in red.

If we are playing fantasy football then beating Blackpool in blue at Wembley

Or let's wind the clock right back and beating Shrewsbury in blue to celebrate winning the dungeon in 93 :old:
Last edited by polo on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blue all day long no matter what. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:21 pm

tomcat wrote:I've been watching City for more than 45 years and never thought I'd see us in the Premier League in my lifetime. The buzz in some of those high profile games, along with the fans enjoying the football was fantastic - apart from the fact that we were playing in red. We turned blue, and so many bullshitters who said that they would return haven't. Tell you what,we'd almost all prefer to watch the Man City win over the crap dished up of late, blue or no blue! :old: :bluebird:

I have supported them for over 50 years and I could not agree with you more.

Those that cannot admit how many promised to return if we returned to blue but have not done so are living in denial.

I was surprised by a recent thread on here to learn how many that continually gob off on here don't actually go to games.

I and my friends still go to every game but it is becoming harder every week. The football and lack of passion now, on and off the field, is shocking.

But hey, we are in blue so some must be happy. Unfortunately many are sitting at home on their arses.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:37 pm

Man of Harlech wrote:
tomcat wrote:I've been watching City for more than 45 years and never thought I'd see us in the Premier League in my lifetime. The buzz in some of those high profile games, along with the fans enjoying the football was fantastic - apart from the fact that we were playing in red. We turned blue, and so many bullshitters who said that they would return haven't. Tell you what,we'd almost all prefer to watch the Man City win over the crap dished up of late, blue or no blue! :old: :bluebird:

I have supported them for over 50 years and I could not agree with you more.

Those that cannot admit how many promised to return if we returned to blue but have not done so are living in denial.

I was surprised by a recent thread on here to learn how many that continually gob off on here don't actually go to games.

I and my friends still go to every game but it is becoming harder every week. The football and lack of passion now, on and off the field, is shocking.

But hey, we are in blue so some must be happy. Unfortunately many are sitting at home on their arses.

Go on, name one person that said they would return. Or one that said they would return but haven't. It's the bandwagon jumpers, the shallow glory seekers that are the ones that have now buggered off since we got relegated. Yes tans antics did lose us some loyal fans that couldn't bear to see us playing in that stupid red kit with that idiotic badge but they are clearly a much smaller group than the ones that place more importance on temporary success over tradition and identity.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:18 am

what is it with nonsense posted like this

tomcat wrote: We turned blue, and so many bullshitters who said that they would return haven't.

who are these people, you cant just say any old shit unless you can back it up :roll:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:18 am

No contest. Blue in any division playing any football, compared to wearing red shite :bluebird:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:45 am

:bluescarf: :bluebird: Some fan's seem to think if we supported the rebrand we'd be flying high in the prem now. We were relegated in the stupid colour FFS.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:26 pm

paulh_85 wrote:what is it with nonsense posted like this

tomcat wrote: We turned blue, and so many bullshitters who said that they would return haven't.

who are these people, you cant just say any old shit unless you can back it up :roll:

Wouldn't have to look far Paul was a thread on here saying if we returned blue we'd have thousands more coming through the gates

I'm not going to look for it as I couldn't give a monkeys f**k but there was 100% a thread on it

Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:52 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:

Wouldn't have to look far Paul was a thread on here saying if we returned blue we'd have thousands more coming through the gates

I'm not going to look for it as I couldn't give a monkeys f**k but there was 100% a thread on it

So?

If i started a thread saying we would average 20k if bellamy was manager, then he was manager and we got no where near it can i come back on and say "where were all the fans that said they would come back..... "

Its not a figure anyone can quantify, you or anyone else cant put a figure on it.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:54 pm

To be fair to you I seem to remember a thread or 3 along those lines too.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:02 pm

Beating Man City was one of my favourite days following the city, partly because of the weather and the fact it was a bank holiday Sunday. I went on two day bender with a four hour sleep between the two on Saturday night. I remember waking up on that Monday feeling the worst hangover I have ever ever had, special day for the club BUT that season was my least favourite all in all.

I'd pick blue in the Championship every day.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:25 pm

Maybe the question that we should be asking us whether the crowds would be any worse if we had persisted with the red?
The attendances have been poor due to a number of factors, poor displays,poor match-day experience, negativity from many fans.
Had we been playing in red do you think that the numbers turning up would have been that different?

Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:27 pm

Clarityblue wrote:Maybe the question that we should be asking us whether the crowds would be any worse if we had persisted with the red?
The attendances have been poor due to a number of factors, poor displays,poor match-day experience, negativity from many fans.
Had we been playing in red do you think that the numbers turning up would have been that different?

A few hundred less I imagine, nothing major.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:11 am

Clarityblue wrote:Maybe the question that we should be asking us whether the crowds would be any worse if we had persisted with the red?

I've attended most home games this season and wouldn't have attended any if still in red there's one for a start.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:31 pm

polo wrote:Well it's not an option considering we were relegated from the premier league in red.

Or let's wind the clock right back and beating Shrewsbury in blue to celebrate winning the dungeon in 93 :old:

Not Shrewsbury mate :shock: Fell on the pitch and broke my arm for that game :oops:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:58 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Yeah, I also remeber many, many city fans saying they'd be happy with the big money signings stopping and a team playing in blue fighting to get in the playoffs...

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:04 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Yeah, I also remeber many, many city fans saying they'd be happy with the big money signings stopping and a team playing in blue fighting to get in the playoffs...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

if one or two people said it on a forum then there must be thousands who promised to come back when in blue and now havent :lol:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:31 pm

Paying the price for red now though ain't we, was it worth it. Not at all imo only three times the debt and a broken club from top to bottom :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:46 pm

Xcasual wrote:
polo wrote:Well it's not an option considering we were relegated from the premier league in red.

Not Shrewsbury mate :shock: Fell on the pitch and broke my arm for that game :oops:

I missed the game I was playing in an under 16's cup final on Penydaren Park (A big deal when your 16 :lol: ).

We lost 3-2 though. Wished id gone to the Shrewbury game instead so thats why i wish we could wind the clock right back.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:34 am

paulh_85 wrote:

So?

If i started a thread saying we would average 20k if bellamy was manager, then he was manager and we got no where near it can i come back on and say "where were all the fans that said they would come back..... "

Its not a figure anyone can quantify, you or anyone else cant put a figure on it.

Merely pointing out there was a thread with many saying they would return

However net attendance isn't that much worse than a standard championship season without any golden ticket scam cup run etc so are many people really staying away?

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:32 am

Fine. But there wouldnt have been many more than a dozen stating that and whos to say they havent come back?

The OP is making a sweeping statment of "where are you all" off the word of a couple of posters :lol: