Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WILL CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB DO THIS? "

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:16 pm

" WILL CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB DO THIS? "

Cardiff City v Brighton 12.30pm Saturday 20th February 2016

Make it say £1 for Kids under 16 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

In my opinion we have nothing to lose by doing this, the ground holds 33,500, we once again had the second lowest home crowd in the Championship last weekend.

The game is a 12.30pm kick off and live on Sky

Our crowds have not increased lately despite a fairly good run and City knocking on the play-offs door.

City need to keep the crowds interested and another empty stadium live on tv,will not help get other fans to return.

The players do not need a subdued atmosphere,they need to see seats with fans on and a cheering crowd :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Also, how about showing some loyalty back to our fans and look after the City fans with cheap prices?

What have the club got to lose by doing this?

City will receive extra money from Sky as well.

Other City fans opinions please :thumbright:

Re: " WILL CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB DO THIS? "

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:30 pm

Pity it's a 12.30 kick off as many boys will still be playing football......if the rain ever stops :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:42 pm

The kick off time is ridiculous if it had to be on TV make it a late kick off.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:47 pm

Make all kids £1 and all other tickets £5 that might do it. Club make a loss on the day but could be bumper crowd

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:58 pm

If they're doing cheap deals for kids will I get a refund on my kids season tickets in the Ninian stand?
Thought not.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:24 pm

Screaming Blue Messiah wrote:If they're doing cheap deals for kids will I get a refund on my kids season tickets in the Ninian stand?
Thought not.

I paid £249 for my 9 year old and £249 for my 14 year old in the Ninian Stand and I thought that was scandalous, but on Saturday, we were surrounded by empty seats after empty seats,I would rather see an extra few thousand fans in the stadium, than it being even emptier v Brighton.

I am hoping our club looks after our current season ticket holders for next season, as I know many who are not renewing.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:45 pm

I guessed this season was going to be a "transition" year and went back to the family stand and saved about £300 for one adult and U16...

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Screaming Blue Messiah wrote:If they're doing cheap deals for kids will I get a refund on my kids season tickets in the Ninian stand?
Thought not.

I paid £249 for my 9 year old and £249 for my 14 year old in the Ninian Stand and I thought that was scandalous, but on Saturday, we were surrounded by empty seats after empty seats,I would rather see an extra few thousand fans in the stadium, than it being even emptier v Brighton.

I am hoping our club looks after our current season ticket holders for next season, as I know many who are not renewing.

That's insane I had no idea was that much for kids, 50 quid max if we are in the prem different price fair enough. Crazy something has to be done. :bluebird:

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:44 pm

I'm all for cheap deals to get the fans back in, I'm not so selfish that I care more about getting a discount for myself than seeing less empty seats. However, even if they made it free for kids it would probably only put a few thuosand on the gate.

The problem we have is a perfect storm of apathy caused by the rebrand and tans calous attitude towards the fans, a relegation, selling players, an uninspiring managerial appointment, uninspiring signings, a season of some of the most boring football ever seen at CCFC, followed by a season of inconsistant performances and results, a lack of young players coming through the youth system, overpriced crap food and beer and it also seems to piss down with rain every time we are home.

I hate to use this word, but the 'product' is currently very unattractive to the casual fans. The club really needs a bloody good kick up the arse.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:47 pm

Totally spot on post.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:48 pm

harold pinta wrote:I'm all for cheap deals to get the fans back in, I'm not so selfish that I care more about getting a discount for myself than seeing less empty seats. However, even if they made it free for kids it would probably only put a few thuosand on the gate.

The problem we have is a perfect storm of apathy caused by the rebrand and tans calous attitude towards the fans, a relegation, selling players, an uninspiring managerial appointment, uninspiring signings, a season of some of the most boring football ever seen at CCFC, followed by a season of inconsistant performances and results, a lack of young players coming through the youth system, overpriced crap food and beer and it also seems to piss down with rain every time we are home.

I hate to use this word, but the 'product' is currently very unattractive to the casual fans. The club really needs a bloody good kick up the arse.

What you are saying is what hundreds say to me all over, yet some on here won't admit it.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:53 pm

harold pinta wrote:I'm all for cheap deals to get the fans back in, I'm not so selfish that I care more about getting a discount for myself than seeing less empty seats. However, even if they made it free for kids it would probably only put a few thuosand on the gate.

Best post seen in a long time, we could suffer a few of them like most clubs and you would see smaller crowds but nothing as drastic as now. As you say it is the perfect storm. Some won't go because of slade. Others price. Others hangover. You could go on but its true.

Hate to say it but one things will resolve most of that, a winning team. The excuses soon stop, it's a tough time but it's been worse. Get Bellamy in :thumbup:

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:03 pm

It used to happen back in the Rick Wright / Eddie May days (God bless both).

Me and some mates used to save Echo tokens, and use them to allow our kids in for £1 per match :bluescarf:
My son used be be a regular on the Bob Bank aged 6 :D

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:20 pm

It's very easy for the club to introduce incentives such as cheap tickets, buy two get one free, season ticket offers, club shop deals etc but it's not so easy to do the one thing that really matters - produce a winning team. To do that you need the right people running the club, football people. At the moment it seems that, Mehmet Dalman aside, the rest of them know the sum total of f**k all about football.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:42 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:The kick off time is ridiculous if it had to be on TV make it a late kick off.

Plenty of other clubs have had these kick-off times on a regular basis this season, so we can't complain.

Ticket prices should be cheap and we'd get closer to 15,000 in the stadium to the 10,000 or so we're getting at the moment.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:25 am

I still don't think it would increase the crowds by much. A lot of fans have been disillusioned over the last few years. Not sure by reducing adult tickets to £10 would bring back the fans in their thousands to be honest. Even change of manager wouldn't make a difference. The whole match day experience for me had gone. I stand in the Ninian stand two games ago and noticed that everyone around me has an average age of 55 to 65. Says a lot for the atmosphere.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:14 am

Parks football finishes at 12:30pm so that rules out loads of kids attending or watching it on tv :bluebird: