Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Currently 15 (FIFTEEN) stickies...

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:01 pm

Way too many stickies on this board.

Re: Currently 15 (FIFTEEN) stickies...

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:18 pm

We always have quite a few for a day or two after a match, and then they're reduced by the time we get to Monday evening.

Just the way it is :thumbright:

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:53 pm

Very rarely reduced for long lol.

There was 22 the other day. Have to scroll half the page to read the most recent posts :lol:

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:55 pm

Against modern football #to many stickies on football forums. :lol:

Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:01 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Very rarely reduced for long lol.

There was 22 the other day. Have to scroll half the page to read the most recent posts :lol:

They are put up there as the currently "most relevant/interesting" threads, so they are easy to access, i.e. not have to go scrolling to find them! ;)

Most people appreciate that, but there will always be those who... ;)

Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:03 pm

Sven wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Very rarely reduced for long lol.

They are put up there as the currently "most relevant/interesting" threads, so they are easy to access, i.e. not have to go scrolling to find them! ;)

Most people appreciate that, but there will always be those who... ;)

But more often than not a lot of them have no replies.

They are the news reports with a moderator slant or someone whos point of view is deemed important enough to be heard above all others like carl or annis

Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:14 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:We always have quite a few for a day or two after a match, and then they're reduced by the time we get to Monday evening.

Down to 11 now , 8 of which were started by Annis. As were 10 of the first 14 "normal " posts that follow.

Just the way it is :D :thumbright:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:15 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:We always have quite a few for a day or two after a match, and then they're reduced by the time we get to Monday evening.

Down to 11 now , 8 of which were started by Annis. As were 10 of the first 14 "normal " posts that follow.

Thank you Keith, as we spoke about on Saturday,I keep this Forum updated on All football Subjects,which you yourself admitted I do :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And the average sticky stays up between 24hrs to 36hrs, which usually gets between 3,000-4,000 views,but can get 10,000.
After over 6 years of running this forum its proved very succesful :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

Thank you Keith, as we spoke about on Saturday,I keep this Forum updated on All football Subjects,which you yourself admitted I do :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And the average sticky stays up between 24hrs to 36hrs, which usually gets between 3,000-4,000 views,but can get 10,000.
After over 6 years of running this forum its proved very succesful :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

People moan just for the sake of moaning. If there are say 25 stickies then so what? If they're interesting news articles regarding City then people would want to read them maybe? Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:25 pm

norms76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

People moan just for the sake of moaning. If there are say 25 stickies then so what? If they're interesting news articles regarding City then people would want to read them maybe? Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Exactly Norms, Its not just about those who post,everywhere I go people say,they love reading the site,because its always updated with football news :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

Exactly Norms, Its not just about those who post,everywhere I go people say,they love reading the site,because its always updated with football news :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

I don't get why someone would log on here and actually count the amount of stickies and let it bother them so much they need to start a thread about it. :lol:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:31 pm

norms76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

I don't get why someone would log on here and actually count the amount of stickies and let it bother them so much they need to start a thread about it. :lol:

:lol:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:52 pm

norms76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

Norms, people never seemed to moan as much when the team were doing well. They refuse to blame our club ever so take it out on this message board for some strange reason :lol:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
I keep this Forum updated on All football Subjects[/quote]

Nice one Annis.Now whats the latest on Sam and Langstone being one and the same. :lol:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:16 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
I keep this Forum updated on All football Subjects

Nice one Annis.Now whats the latest on Sam and Langstone being one and the same. :lol:[/quote]

Funnily enough not so many stickies on that subject. Hmmmmmm.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:28 pm

It wasn't a moan, just an observation. If I was going to moan it would be about the constant 'New striker to sign' or 'Manager sacked' headlines that when you click on them they are about bloody Middlesbrough or Norwich or something. Just a cynical and very annoying way of drumming up hits. This is a really decent forum most of the time, but this just spoils it.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Nice one Annis.Now whats the latest on Sam and Langstone being one and the same. :lol:[/quote]
:lol:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:42 pm

polo wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Nice one Annis.Now whats the latest on Sam and Langstone being one and the same. :lol:

Funnily enough not so many stickies on that subject. Hmmmmmm.[/quote]

Hmmm

Chris, I put Chris Notts replies as stickies for 2 days :D

Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:42 pm

harold pinta wrote:It wasn't a moan, just an observation. If I was going to moan it would be about the constant 'New striker to sign' or 'Manager sacked' headlines that when you click on them they are about bloody Middlesbrough or Norwich or something. Just a cynical and very annoying way of drumming up hits. This is a really decent forum most of the time, but this just spoils it.

Ok thats fair enough :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:26 pm

norms76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

I'll make it a sticky :lol: