Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' VINCENT TAN IS FLYING IN '

Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:07 pm

' VINCENT TAN IS FLYING IN '

Updated

Vincent Tan will be attending Charlton v Cardiff City match :bluescarf:

Vincent Tan is flying into London at the end of this week, there is a strong possibility that the Cardiff City owner will make an appearance at The Valley on Saturday when City face Charlton Athletic.

If Vincent Tan does indeed attend the game on Saturday it will be only his second appearance of the season, the first was the away game versus QPR which was live on Sky and dubbed the Malaysian Derby.

The main purpose for Tan's visit to London is to hold a face to face meeting with manager Russell Slade.

The reason behind this meeting between the owner and manager or the need for it to be done face to face and not over the phone or via video link is unknown.

I have been told about the meeting from a very good source but not told the reasons behind it.

No doubt fans will speculate what the meeting is about but as I have said I simply don't know except that there is indeed a meeting planned between the two to take place next week.

I also have it on good authority that Russell Slade has been offered at least two jobs in recent weeks and there are chairmen from other clubs who recognise that Slade has done and is doing a good job at Cardiff City under the circumstances he is working.

I would imagine that once the meeting has taken place City fans will hear all about it.

Vincent Tan will be at the Cardiff City match
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' VINCENT TAN IS FLYING IN '

Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:22 pm

Either slade is gone or a new contract

Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:24 pm

Very interesting Carl, especially after what you said last week about Slade possibly not wanting to stay even if he is offered a new contract.

Will be interested to find out what this meeting is about.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:34 pm

I'm very sceptical about these two supposed job offers. How would this come to light? I suspect it's just his agent starting rumours, given Slade is very shortly either going to be negotiating a new contract or looking for a new job depending how the next few weeks go. We can't beat a pretty poor MK Dons at home, and given we have to play Brighton, Boro, Derby, Ipswich and Burnley over the next few weeks, things are not going to be getting any easier for him.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:42 pm

Hopefully it goes like this...

"Thank you russ for doing the job i asked u to do but i wanted to come and meet u in person to tell u that i wont be offering u a new contract and we have someone else lined up for the job next season (bellamy and verheijan)."

And people saying slade has overachieved and done well with cardiff is mind boggling to me. Now and all season hes had a good squad and is constantly inconsistent. Tough games coming up so like most people said its looking very much like a mid table finish. That is underachieving. If a club wants their team to be consistently inconsistent and finish mid table in the championship at best then come and get him russell slade is your man.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:50 pm

BlueMagic wrote:Hopefully it goes like this...

"Thank you russ for doing the job i asked u to do but i wanted to come and meet u in person to tell u that i wont be offering u a new contract and we have someone else lined up for the job next season (bellamy and verheijan)."

And people saying slade has overachieved and done well with cardiff is mind boggling to me. Now and all season hes had a good squad and is constantly inconsistent. Tough games coming up so like most people said its looking very much like a mid table finish. That is underachieving. If a club wants their team to be consistently inconsistent and finish mid table in the championship at best then come and get him russell slade is your man.

I'm a big fan of Bellamy, I feel he has the right ingredients to be a success as a manager and I'd like to see us take a punt on him. I'm not 100% about Verheijen though. He undoubtedly has plenty of experience, but he also has a history of being unable to wind his neck in. If he came here and just does what he does best, coaching, fitness and conditioning and stays away from the media then they could make a good team.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:57 pm

If Bellamy does come velhernon would not be assistant but fitness coach

Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:59 pm

Igovernor wrote:If Bellamy does come velhernon would not be assistant but fitness coach

Why would he not be assistant? He was assistant to Gary Speed was he not?

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Igovernor wrote:If Bellamy does come velhernon would not be assistant but fitness coach

He is more than a fitness coach he was instrumental with speed as his assistant

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:15 pm

wez1927 wrote:Either slade is gone or a new contract

Yeah I rekon. He'll be here to the end of the season either way tho I think. If he leaves it gives us plenty of time to find a new manager, but I have no faith in those choosing

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:17 pm

Contract renewal time for Slade! Lol

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Man United or Bayern Munich?

Strange if his contract will be up he didn't take jobs?

Bristol city would of been obvious one?

Hopefully saying farewells and thanking him for keeping us in championship and selling players as requested.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Impeccable timing from Vincent Tan (again) as he always seems to turn up when something even if only perceived as being a 'positive' in his direction has occurred. Remember, last time he came it was after the return to blue! ;)

I think, if nothing else, Russell Slade is a man of integrity and he will see out his contract, particularly after he has been supported by Vincent Tan, if not Dalman and Choo. If those jobs were indeed offered, then it is reasonable to assume others will follow in the summer ;)

What we don't currently know is 'why' he and Tan are having a meeting and there is no point in surmising either

It could be any one (or more) of a number of things, including the offer of a new contract!

Only time will tell, but I don't think he (Tan) would be coming if it wasn't for something 'big' and he is (creditably) giving Russell Slade the courtesy of being there in person! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:41 pm

It only means one thing :wave: :wave: Slade.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:42 pm

Does anyone honestly believe that the Cardiff managers job is a sort after position and one which Bellamy would want?

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:45 pm

since64 wrote:Does anyone honestly believe that the Cardiff managers job is a sort after position and one which Bellamy would want?

Any Championship club job is going to be sought after to all but those few that could get a job in the top flight. And Bellamy has already said he would like the job.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:49 pm

I think Russ is going to get the royal wave.
Attendances are way below sustainable and Slade will be pushed aside.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:58 pm

Not a fan of RS but have to say I admire him for the job he's doing under what must be diff circumstances ! Shame the Despot isn't meeting a potential buyer ..... if Carlsberg did meetings eh ?!?

Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:12 pm

since64 wrote:Does anyone honestly believe that the Cardiff managers job is a sort after position and one which Bellamy would want?

I guess (for that is all it is, like most posts at the moment) that it would depend on what is on offer, including spending money and interference levels ;)

Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:56 pm

Its a win win situation for anyone wanting job because of tan ect ect just blame things on him if goes wrong?

Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Its a win win situation for anyone wanting job because of tan ect ect just blame things on him if goes wrong?

Since tan has owned the club I've never heard Dave Jones, Malky Mackay, OGS or Russell Slade ever blame tan. Given he's in charge and makes the major decisions, as well it appears as some of the lesser ones, then I think that it would be entirely reasonable to for him to take his fair share of the blame when things go wrong. His wealth does not preclude him from this.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:59 pm

Slade a goner - Bellers and Dutch Ray in (hopefully)

Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:23 pm

You mean sought ?

Yes and definitely yes.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:26 pm

T1JMO wrote:Contract renewal time for Slade! Lol

lolz :)

Does anyone really believe humpty dumpling will be returning to Cardiff next season ?

Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:02 pm

jimmy the jock wrote:
T1JMO wrote:Contract renewal time for Slade! Lol

lolz :)

Does anyone really believe humpty dumpling will be returning to Cardiff next season ?

I think PaulH75 does. He loves his style of management ;) ;)

Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:23 pm

If we were miles off play off then bye bye Slade :wave: Unless Tan has cracking coach to bring til end of season to give us that final push.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:37 pm

Excellent news, hopefully its to personally inform him that his services are no longer needed next year. His job is done, he has steadied the ship after the clueless OGS and we can move on with the next stage. I.E getting in an ambitious manager, who has what it takes to get us challenging again. :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Be surprised if Tan gets rid of him at this stage of the season. Just outside the play offs after a big reduction in his squad probably looks ok as far as Tan is concerned. He may be coming over to discuss an extension to his contract, who knows?

Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Be surprised if Tan gets rid of him at this stage of the season. Just outside the play offs after a big reduction in his squad probably looks ok as far as Tan is concerned. He may be coming over to discuss an extension to his contract, who knows?

They settle on a agreement to either depart ways at the end of the season or a contract extension.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:26 pm

The meeting will be about Slade declining an extension of contract or more obviously, declining to answer when provoked by the media regarding his future role at the club,Tan could have heard about the press discussions or at least had a brief discussion with Slade himself.
Either way Tan is a stubborn man with a ruthless edge so would probably sack him in spite! Leaving us with Tan to be interim 8-)