Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Robert Earnshaw "

Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:21 pm

Cardiff City legend Robert Earnshaw retires from football .

Robert Earnshaw has today announced his retirement from football, calling time on a career which spanned from home-town Cardiff to Vancouver. Earnshaw made the announcement through an open letter on the Vancouver Whitecaps website.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Robert Earnshaw

Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:26 pm

Ibby wrote:Cardiff City legend Robert Earnshaw retires from football .

Now he was a true legend, in my humble opinion of course

Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:36 pm

Good lad earnie one of us how we could do with someone of his pace now

Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:02 pm

wez1927 wrote:Good lad earnie one of us how we could do with someone of his pace now

You mean his pace then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:14 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Good lad earnie one of us how we could do with someone of his pace now

You mean his pace then, now

Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:17 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:

You know what I mean smart ass :lol:

Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:37 pm

One of my favourite players over the 50 years I have been supporting the Bluebirds!

Re: " Robert Earnshaw "

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:36 pm

:ayatollah: " Robert Earnshaw " :ayatollah:

At a young age, I knew my passion for this game when I watched football on TV and specifically when I watched the USA World Cup ‘94, so it’s fitting that my playing career has come full circle to end in Major League Soccer.

After 579 matches and 236 goals later in my 19th year, I can now say this chapter is turning to give me a chance to start a different role and give back what I’ve learned and experienced.

I’ve always been scared to see the end of my playing days and now that it’s here I’m sad but excited that Vancouver Whitecaps FC have given me a chance to become the head coach of the U-14 Pre-Residency team, as well as the club’s strikers coach.

They say your life starts when you retire from football, and now I can’t wait to get started and really enjoy my other passions.

Thank you, football.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote::ayatollah: " Robert Earnshaw " :ayatollah:

At a young age, I knew my passion for this game when I watched football on TV and specifically when I watched the USA World Cup ‘94, so it’s fitting that my playing career has come full circle to end in Major League Soccer.

After 579 matches and 236 goals later in my 19th year, I can now say this chapter is turning to give me a chance to start a different role and give back what I’ve learned and experienced.

I’ve always been scared to see the end of my playing days and now that it’s here I’m sad but excited that Vancouver Whitecaps FC have given me a chance to become the head coach of the U-14 Pre-Residency team, as well as the club’s strikers coach.

They say your life starts when you retire from football, and now I can’t wait to get started and really enjoy my other passions.

Thank you, football.

Great player and great guy

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Always played with a smile on his face. Used to love watching him play in the old days

Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:09 pm

My Favorite city player along with SuperKev hope he has a good retirement and enjoys his coaching role in Canada.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:03 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:06 pm

great player, good guy off the field as well..............example to all budding professionals - legend :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:18 pm

One of the best players we have ever created happy retirement lad you were a goal machine. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:43 pm

Top player top goal scorer city legend and far better than chopra

Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:49 pm

Goal machine, :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:57 pm

People talk about Bellamy as a Cardiff City legend which is nonsense but Earnie is true legend of our club. Hopefully he will be at the CCS to watch our games in the not so distant future. Great career he's had on reflection.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:15 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:People talk about Bellamy as a Cardiff City legend which is nonsense but Earnie is true legend of our club. Hopefully he will be at the CCS to watch our games in the not so distant future. Great career he's had on reflection.

Totally agree with this, also a true professional & gentlemen on and off the pitch

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:34 pm

Fantastic, natural goal-scorer who loved playing for our club. I'll never forget that overhead goal he scored away at Hartlepool which put him on the radar! True Cardiff City legend and a very humble man. Good luck to him.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:25 pm

Always used to look up to Earnshaw as a youngster used to be my favourite player at all time remember when i was young when he left us first off all when he went to Norwich i was devastated what a legend! Such a shame as well

Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:35 pm

Great man earnshaw loves city and city loves him played with a strong heart for us one of our own living legend and Cardiff.
Thanks for your service scored some great goals and a nice bloke too .

Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:16 pm

Loved his goals, loved his joy of playing. One of my favourite City players of all time if not my favourite. Football will miss you Earnie.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:00 am

Just thanks and best wishes!

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:25 am

A proper city legend, incredible partnership with Peter Thorne.

Going to be coaching the strikers in Vancouver now I believe.

All the best Earnie :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:33 am

Thanks for the memories Earnie!! They were great times :-)

Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote::ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

always a favourite...thanks Earnie

Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:38 pm

The greatest City striker of all time :bluescarf:

You could tell he loves his football, the smile that could light up a room, will always be a legend in Cardiff, well done Earnie, all the best for the future :bluebird:

Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:18 pm

The most exciting forward I have seen playing for us and genuinely a nice guy.

Earnie and Peter Thorne made the best partnership I have seen.. Earnies pace and eye for goal and Thonres intelligence and presence was a joy to behold.... Oh how I wished that partnership had lasted longer.

Happy retirement earnie!

Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:19 pm

llanishen bluebird wrote:Always used to look up to Earnshaw as a youngster used to be my favourite player at all time remember when i was young when he left us first off all when he went to Norwich i was devastated what a legend! Such a shame as well

I'll never forget that transfer until my dying day. I was in Edmonton, Canada at the time when I went into an internet café to catch up on the City, and what I saw devastated me also !
On seeing my reaction at the news, my missus thought there had been a major disaster or something back in Cardiff !
But it was to me ! Earnie was a player I'm just so glad to have had in our side, scoring from anywhere and out of nothing !

:bluebird:

Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:23 pm

Treated like dirt by Malky