Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Done Deal ' Malky Mackay '

Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:30 am

2 years on and people are still sucking on malkys nipples and drinking his milk.

live in the past you'll have no future

Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:30 am

2 years on and people are still sucking on malkys nipples and drinking his milk.

live in the past you'll have no future

Re: ' Malky Mackay is now joint 6/4 favourite to take over '

Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:39 am

polo wrote:About his level when he hasn't got money to spend

Like his first year at Cardiff when he spent a few mill and took us from a squad with 10 players to a play off final and cup final...

Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:07 am

Lawnmower wrote:Made mistakes, paid for them, now he's got the chance to start again.

For me, he gave us some great times and good luck to him.

Agree time to move on, good luck to him, I wonder if Moody will work with him again ???

Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:27 am

nubbsy wrote:

Like his first year at Cardiff when he spent a few mill and took us from a squad with 10 players to a play off final and cup final...

We were already a club that reached the play offs and the spine of that team, some of the best players in the division remained. Marshall, Hudson, Whitts, McphIl, Superkev. No deadwood to clear out and he was allowed to throw around silly wages. Kenny Miller, AndrewTaylor, Ben Turner, Don Cowie and Gunnar didn't come cheap.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:40 am

JonCCFC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Really hope Malky turns his career around, 100% our best manager in my lifetime :ayatollah:

Are you 5?

21 :thumbup:

Then surely you remember Dave Jones?

Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:42 am

Some right drama queens on here.

For those who accuse Malky of being a racist why don't you speak to those who have work and know him quite well. All sport pundits who have got to know him find his text messages, all of 3 out of a 1000 of them, totally opposite to his character. We all make and say the wrong things sometimes. Usually when we are under pressure. Those who claim they don't well good for you put are you really sure you have not?

If you thing Malky is a racist over 3 texts then you would shit your pants if you met a KKK or a right wing thinker.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:44 am

nubbsy wrote:

Back to 10 now. Everyone it gets mentioned it seems to get lower. I read 7 the other day.

He had money to spend and a large wage budget. He also had the spine of a cracking team that he used as the spine of his team that took us up.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:11 am

maccydee wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Back to 10 now. Everyone it gets mentioned it seems to get lower. I read 7 the other day.

He had money to spend and a large wage budget. He also had the spine of a cracking team that he used as the spine of his team that took us up.

Bellemy, Bothroyd, Chopra and Burke all left then. No he did not have the spine of the team to work with.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:14 am

Oh dear

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:21 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Bellemy, Bothroyd, Chopra and Burke all left then. No he did not have the spine of the team to work with.

Marshall, Hudson, Whittingham.

Great spine that. All instrumental in our promotion.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:21 am

Ok I'm confused now, did he actually do anything wrong in the first place then? I presume the text messages were true? But he has been cleared by Fifa?

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:24 am

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Mcphail too and he replaced Bothroyd with 25k a week Kenny Miller. Hell of a spine.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:38 am

First manager who understood the modern game. Yes he was given a mighty war chest, but delivered.

DJ played fantasy 442 football, it was beautiful to watch, but fragile. Malky has a plan, it was ugly, but pragmatic. We now have ugly fragile 442.

May as well have his own category at the top of the page as some will never let him go and post every time county get a point

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:52 am

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Malky brought in Turner, Cowie, Conway, Gunnarson, and Mutch. That's a great spine.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:04 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Malky brought in Turner, Cowie, Conway, Gunnarson, and Mutch. That's a great spine.

He was left an international class keeper, his centre back captain and a midfielder who was his top goal scorer. Turner, Cowie and Gunnarson were good signings, Conway only started half the games in the championship and Mutch signed the following year when MM had 12 million for players.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:08 am

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

He was left an international class keeper, his centre back captain and a midfielder who was his top goal scorer. Turner, Cowie and Gunnarson were good signings, Conway only started half the games in the championship and Mutch signed the following year when MM had 12 million for players.

Ad he ran away with the championship title.......what else was he mean't to do Neil?

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:14 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Ad he ran away with the championship title.......what else was he mean't to do Neil?

Not the first year Ian. Play offs that year.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:16 am

He won a poor championship in the 2nd season after spending millions.

The debate started by Nubbsy was how he only had 10 players and spend very little money first season and got to the play offs.

Scratch away and of those 10 players 7 of them were first team starters under Jones who had reached the play offs the previous 2 years and he was given plenty of money in transfers and plenty in wages to replace the others who had left.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:23 am

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Not the first year Ian. Play offs that year.

Yes play off in the first season therefore justifying the spend the following season of which he delivered.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:24 am

DandoCCFC wrote:I am sorry but in the 12/13 season when you are giving £15 million to spend in the Championship then a monkey in a suit could get us up.

OLE ? ? ?

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:I am sorry but in the 12/13 season when you are giving £15 million to spend in the Championship then a monkey in a suit could get us up.

OLE ? ? ?

Aye, it is really naive of people who think given a lot of money that anyone could get a team promoted.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:29 am

He delivered in a very poor championship.

In the 7 years since we've been kicking around the play offs 87 points is the lowest championship winning total and would have only seen us automatically promoted in 2nd on one other occasion.

Hull finished 2nd on 79 points that would have just scraped them into the play offs last year.

He had a kings ransom in a very poor standard of a season.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:31 am

I've always liked malky. So I wish him all the best :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:35 am

Tan did go after Malky and his head must have been everywhere at Wigan instead of the job he was trying to do.

He made some mistakes as all managers do but To me he was the man who managed our club to the premiership and was sacked for being so popular by a jealous owner nothing else.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:37 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

OLE ? ? ?

Aye, it is really naive of people who think given a lot of money that anyone could get a team promoted.

That's the point. He had 12 million on top of the spine he already had. Our best player in the Premiership was the keeper he inherited. Sadly the other players weren't premiership quality as were very few of his big signings.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:38 am

There's no doubt that Malky is a decent manager, but all this " deserving a chance shit" is just nonsense. I always thought Malkys biggest asset was his motivational skills, yet he could not motivate a decent Wigan team, so questions need answering in that respect. He certainly doesn't deserve any more of an opportunity than a whole host of unemployed managers. Seems like a desperate move from Malky, as I expect him to achieve nothing because of the constraints at Notts County, which could be the last opportunity he is given. Which is a shame, because he could have become a very good manager :thumbup:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:42 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:There's no doubt that Malky is a decent manager, but all this " deserving a chance shit" is just nonsense. I always thought Malkys biggest asset was his motivational skills, yet he could not motivate a decent Wigan team, so questions need answering in that respect. He certainly doesn't deserve any more of an opportunity than a whole host of unemployed managers. Seems like a desperate move from Malky, as I expect him to achieve nothing because of the constraints at Notts County, which could be the last opportunity he is given. Which is a shame, because he could have become a very good manager :thumbup:

Tans getting the blame for him bring shite at Wigan is the new party line :lol:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:44 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

OLE ? ? ?

Money helps Ian, but it 100% does not guarantee success, just look at Chelsea and Man United nowadays.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

OLE ? ? ?

Money helps Ian, but it 100% does not guarantee success, just look at Chelsea and Man United nowadays.

Both those clubs have bought the league many times, City too.