Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED ' Malky Mackay ??? '

Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:26 pm

UPDATED

Notts County saying it will be a few days before they make an announcement on their new manager but according to Twitter account @SkySportsNewsHQ they claim that Malky has got the job on a 3 yr deal.

Done deal, Malky Mackay, 3 year contract. #Notts @SkySportsNewsHQ

02/01/15

Done Deal Malky Mackay gets Notts County Job, 3 year contract :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good Luck Malky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Malky Mackay vows to put 'dark points' behind him as he aims to become a better football manager :ayatollah:

' Malky Mackay is now joint 6/4 favourite to take over

Exiles boss John Sheridan is still the bookies' favourite to become the next Notts County manager but his odds have lengthened this weekend.

Former Cardiff manager Malky Mackay is now joint 6/4 favourite to take over at Meadow Lane with BetVictor.

While Sheridan is out from 4/6 to 6/4 favourite with SkyBet, who offer odds of 2/1 on Mackay getting the job.

Meanwhile, Wrexham say that on-loan County goalkeeper Rhys Taylor will remain at the Racecourse Ground until the end of the season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Malky Mackay is now joint 6/4 favourite to take over '

Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:30 pm

He is going to end up like Aidy Boothroyd I can tell you that now.

Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:48 pm

Good luck to him :ayatollah:

One of the best ever City managers, despite what those with an agenda say :thumbright:

Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Good luck to him :ayatollah:

One of the best ever City managers, despite what those with an agenda say :thumbright:

Ned, Spot on and Good Luck to Malky he deserves to be left alone and given a chance :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:59 pm

About his level when he hasn't got money to spend

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Ned, Spot on and Good Luck to Malky he deserves to be left alone and given a chance :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'm not being funny, but why does Malky deserve another chance, after he did a pretty poor job of it at Wigan? I think in this country Malky is a bit of a liability to any club, as he brings too much negative PR with him. He would be better off going abroad or Scotland, if he is that good a manager then he would have no problem being a success and rebuilding his reputation :thumbup:

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I'm not being funny, but why does Malky deserve another chance, after he did a pretty poor job of it at Wigan? I think in this country Malky is a bit of a liability to any club, as he brings too much negative PR with him. He would be better off going abroad or Scotland, if he is that good a manager then he would have no problem being a success and rebuilding his reputation :thumbup:

And if your honest Malky was still being HOUNDED by the Dictator and having his life ruined.

Now Malky has been cleared a fact, we can now Judge him :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:20 pm

He was linked with Manchester United

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

And if your honest Malky was still being HOUNDED by the Dictator and having his life ruined.

Now Malky has been cleared a fact, we can now Judge him :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Your not seriously blaming Malkys failure at Wigan on Tan are you?? :laughing5:

Re: Done Deal ' Malky Mackay '

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:24 pm

Good luck to him indeed lets see if he can get them back to back promotions.

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:26 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes I am, as he hounded Malky beyond.

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:27 pm

We've all made mistakes and unless your an utter-cunt, you should be given another chance. MM has been quietly busy honing his skills and although I know he is far from perfect, he should be given the opportunity to manage again. We all have our opinions but I won't forget how he built a promotion performing squad from virtually nothing & with the clock ticking.

I certainly don't like the things I've been told that let him down but I believe that he has the makings of a solid manager given the wider picture, hard lessons learn't and his potential in what is a very much the shark-infested sea that is modern football.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot ... rk-6652779

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:30 pm

Good luck to Malky. :notworthy:

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:32 pm

Best of luck Malky. Those texts were a bit juvenile, nothing more. The way he was persued said much more about tans character than Mackays.

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:37 pm

Made mistakes, paid for them, now he's got the chance to start again.

For me, he gave us some great times and good luck to him.

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:38 pm

Best of luck to him -I always had respect for him throughout had the pleasure of knowing him as a nice person and sharing a Chinese or two in the managers lounge lol x good luck Malky you have the chance to move on we don't :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:40 pm

Bottom half of league 2. I think that's bonkers if I'm honest. Expected him to get something higher than that.

I don't think he will get much done without money. Not sure if Notts County got a lot but they are a big club for where they are.

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:42 pm

Fantastic news for him :ayatollah:

Will keep an eye on Notts County's results now :thumbright:

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes I am, as he hounded Malky beyond.

You sound delusional to be honest and obsessed with Tan. Good luck to Malky, but it says a lot, that the only clubs now interested in him are those that are no hopers and on their arse. Malky, should have gone abroad and taken a club that would have given him a fighting chance of success in some form. :thumbup:

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:58 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:We've all made mistakes and unless your an utter-cunt, you should be given another chance. MM has been quietly busy honing his skills and although I know he is far from perfect, he should be given the opportunity to manage again. We all have our opinions but I won't forget how he built a promotion performing squad from virtually nothing & with the clock ticking.

I certainly don't like the things I've been told that let him down but I believe that he has the makings of a solid manager given the wider picture, hard lessons learn't and his potential in what is a very much the shark-infested sea that is modern football.

What he did in achieving promotion was excellent although he spunked our budget in the premier league on a dodgy striker. Good luck to him

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:59 pm

Malky ruined Cardiff city! Racist, apparently stole transfer money, spent 11million on a donkey. You all that kiss his butt cannot support Notts County you judas lot!!

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:01 am

Typo. Can go and support Notts County

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:10 am

E actley all this dont sack mckay bollux when we were losi g week after week all the so called fans having ago at tan with there dont sack mcay shit I stead of getting behi d the team cost us our premier place the racist as gone forget it

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:14 am

Really hope Malky turns his career around, 100% our best manager in my lifetime :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:17 am

JonCCFC wrote:Really hope Malky turns his career around, 100% our best manager in my lifetime :ayatollah:

Until Slade came along. :D

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:18 am

JonCCFC wrote:Really hope Malky turns his career around, 100% our best manager in my lifetime :ayatollah:

Are you 5?

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:21 am

Who really gives a shit??!!!

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:26 am

Malky trying to prove he's not racist by managing a team with a black & white football kit.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:29 am

KBK-13 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:We've all made mistakes and unless your an utter-cunt, you should be given another chance. MM has been quietly busy honing his skills and although I know he is far from perfect, he should be given the opportunity to manage again. We all have our opinions but I won't forget how he built a promotion performing squad from virtually nothing & with the clock ticking.

What he did in achieving promotion was excellent although he spunked our budget in the premier league on a dodgy striker. Good luck to him

MM is history to us. Good luck to him.

I just hope that learning hard football lessons are also front and foremost to VT and the boards thoughts right now. Mistakes are not mistakes if hard lessons have been learned. They are gold dust.

My present concern is that VT's' hand was burned financially by ultimately his naive football business financial dealings & that this is further exacerbated by loss of face from the rebrand disaster. Naturally, this leads to stubbornness & caution but KC & MD need to be right up his arse on telling him this and getting us back on track to the club that we always had the potential to be.

I'm no 'glory hunter' but this clearly should be playing out quite differently to what has happened and what is happening. If it was my business, heads would be getting smashed together while others would be rolling.
Last edited by GrangeEndStar on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:30 am

polo wrote:Malky trying to prove he's not racist by managing a team with a black & white football kit.

And I heard he wants to install Michael Jackson's Black Or White for when the team comes out.
Last edited by Rydogsccfc on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.