UPDATED ' Leeds have won the battle '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Santa Ponsa Blue » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:10 pm

UPDATED

Leeds complete loan signing of Sunderland midfielder Liam Bridcutt

26/11/15

Liam Bridcutt: Has joined Leeds United on loan

Leeds have finally completed the loan signing of Sunderland midfielder Liam Bridcutt.

The 26-year-old will stay with the Whites until early January, while Sunderland have recalled winger Will Buckley from his loan spell at Elland Road.

Bridcutt will go straight into the squad for Saturday's league game at QPR and becomes Leeds head coach Steve Evans' first signing at the club.

"I've been speaking to the manager and he's given me a great opportunity to come and play for a brilliant club," Bridcutt told Leeds' official website.

"It's been on and off for the last few weeks now. I've had a few other options, but from speaking to the manager he's given me the confidence to come here and show what I can do.

"When the manager shows so much interest in you and puts so much faith in you, you always want to repay that with your performances."

Evans has made no secret of his desire to sign former Brighton midfielder Bridcutt and publicly declared his intentions several weeks ago.

Bridcutt has made 30 Barclays Premier League appearances for Sunderland but has fallen down the pecking order at the Stadium of Light.

He came to the fore at Brighton under Gus Poyet and followed the Uruguayan to Sunderland for a reported B#3million fee in January 2014.

Buckley was signed by former Leeds head coach Uwe Rosler in early October but made just one start and three substitute appearances for the club.

UPDATED 26/11/15

Just five hours to go until the loan window closes and Leeds have announced the signing of Liam Bridcutt from Sunderland.

The midfielder is Steve Evans’ first addition since taking over at Elland Road and joins until the start of January.

According to Sports Journalist Barry O'Mahony.

@barryomahony4: Leeds have beaten Cardiff to signing Liam Bridcutt on loan and will officially sign tomorrow
Imperial Properties/Mallorca Real Estate

http://www.imperial-properties.com

mason@imperial-properties.com

+34 971 692 434
Santa Ponsa Blue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Leeds have won the battle '

Postby balkanblue » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:13 pm

Just as well he didn't sign then. You have to be extremely stupid to want to live in Leeds.
balkanblue

Postby lathamgaffney » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:31 pm

balkanblue wrote:Just as well he didn't sign then. You have to be extremely stupid to want to live in Leeds.

:lol: :lol:
09/01/2015 - The Rebirth of the Bluebirds

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LathamGaffney
lathamgaffney

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:33 pm

Adeyemi dropping further down the pecking order then.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:35 pm

Twitter

Huw ‏@bluebird_hdg
@AnnisAbraham lack of pulling power again by us and the failure yet again to close a deal!
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:43 pm

According to the Yorkshire Post, Leeds United have now agreed a deal to sign Sunderland midfielder Liam Briductt on loan until January.

Bridcutt, 26, has been out of favour at Sunderland this season, and with no football under new manager Sam Allardyce, the former Brighton man is now set to leave the Stadium of Light.

The Sunderland Echo reported earlier today that a deal with Leeds appeared to be dead, with Cardiff City moving closer to a deal for the holding midfielder.

Now though, with just a matter of hours left until the loan window shuts for Football League clubs, it appears that Leeds have swooped in to finally sign Bridcutt.

The Yorkshire Post report that Bridcutt has met with manager Steve Evans tonight, and the pair have shook hands over a deal to sign a loan deal until January.

An experienced Championship midfielder who can bring some bite to the Leeds side, Bridcutt would be a vital signing for Evans as he looks to build a more physical side at Elland Road.

It's a remarkable turn of events, Bridcutt is now expected to be in Leeds United's squad to take on Queens Park Rangers this weekend, with Evans finally set to bring in a new signing.
TopCat CCFC

Postby nojac » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:49 pm

He wouldn't get in the side with Slade anyway.
nojac

Postby Mr Shed » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:Twitter

Huw ‏@bluebird_hdg
@AnnisAbraham lack of pulling power again by us and the failure yet again to close a deal!

Where does it say we were definitely in for him?

All just paper speculation linking him with us.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

*Insert Name here* BARMY ARMY!!!!!
Mr Shed

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:11 am

One look at slade and his tactics, who would want to play for that buffoon

:sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout:
Mr Moo Cow

Postby nubbsy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:29 am

Another player slips through our grasp. You can garentee money has something to do with it, it never seemed to happen when vinny was splashing it out
nubbsy

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:40 am

I would not worry the guy has not played for months and will probably do his thigh and be out for 3 months.

Does this mean Adeyemi will be on his way back Hmmmmmmm :bluescarf:
Pulisnewport

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:18 am

Money talks and he's not .match fit hardly right for us even if we did make loan offer! :old:
pembroke allan

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:24 am

pembroke allan wrote:Money talks and he's not .match fit hardly right for us even if we did make loan offer! :old:

Yeah we have a terrible record for bringing in players who have not played for months & months and/or have been injured.
A striker/creative midfielder would be a much better option.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby MalagaCF » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:27 am

We are not in a position to offer big wages anymore and I don't blame us. That had been the downfall for our club over the years.
We have too many overpaid players that wont go to other clubs as they pay far less.
MalagaCF

Postby Rydogsccfc » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:56 am

MalagaCF wrote:We are not in a position to offer big wages anymore and I don't blame us. That had been the downfall for our club over the years.
We have too many overpaid players that wont go to other clubs as they pay far less.

Spot on.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby mr_nellio » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:12 am

Pity we couldnt get him, decent player who would improve us.
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby norms76 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:21 am

Another twist in today's paper.

Championship rivals Leeds United and Cardiff City reportedly face a race against time to land Liam Bridcutt on loan ahead of this evening's emergency deadline. The out-of-favour Sunderland midfielder has been told that he can leave the Stadium of Light after struggling to make an impact this term. Bridcutt has yet to feature for the Black Cats' senior squad this season, but he did play the full 120 minutes of the Under-21s' defeat to Liverpool on Sunday where Cardiff scouts were said to be watching on.

According to the Sunderland Echo, Bluebirds chiefs are now weighing up whether to make a last-minute move for the ex-Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder, who made 24 appearances for Sunderland in his maiden campaign in the North East. Leeds have also admitted in the past that Bridcutt is among their transfer targets, but an initial approach was thought to have been rejected earlier this month due to a breakdown in personal terms. It is also suggested that Reading could make a surprise move for the midfielder ahead of Thursday's 5pm deadline.
norms76

Postby Depressed Blue » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:23 am

If he'd rather the turmoil leeds are in and steve evans bye bye :wave:
Depressed Blue

Postby lostcityboy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:17 pm

Sunderland website,says,he's gone to Leeds....official.
lostcityboy

Postby maccydee » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Huw ‏@bluebird_hdg

Huw is talking rubbish there Annis. Why would any sane individual move from Sunderland all the way to Cardiff when he can move a little bit South to Yorkshire?

If it was a permanent move then I could see the point but for a loan move.
maccydee

Re: UPDATED ' Leeds have won the battle '

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:29 pm

26/11/15

Just five hours to go until the loan window closes and Leeds have announced the signing of Liam Bridcutt from Sunderland.

The midfielder is Steve Evans’ first addition since taking over at Elland Road and joins until the start of January.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:30 pm

maccydee wrote:

Huw ‏@bluebird_hdg

Huw is talking rubbish there Annis. Why would any sane individual move from Sunderland all the way to Cardiff when he can move a little bit South to Yorkshire?

My honest opinion Neil, we were never in the running.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Huw ‏@bluebird_hdg

My honest opinion Neil, we were never in the running.

Moving somewhere so far until January was never a player. Hopefully if Sunderland aren't after a fee we might be in with a chance of a permanent move.
maccydee

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:39 pm

Huw ‏@bluebird_hdg

your right of course but thats a historical problem not because of Tan/Slade.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:11 pm

UPDATED

Leeds complete loan signing of Sunderland midfielder Liam Bridcutt

26/11/15

Liam Bridcutt: Has joined Leeds United on loan

Leeds have finally completed the loan signing of Sunderland midfielder Liam Bridcutt.

The 26-year-old will stay with the Whites until early January, while Sunderland have recalled winger Will Buckley from his loan spell at Elland Road.

Bridcutt will go straight into the squad for Saturday's league game at QPR and becomes Leeds head coach Steve Evans' first signing at the club.

"I've been speaking to the manager and he's given me a great opportunity to come and play for a brilliant club," Bridcutt told Leeds' official website.

"It's been on and off for the last few weeks now. I've had a few other options, but from speaking to the manager he's given me the confidence to come here and show what I can do.

"When the manager shows so much interest in you and puts so much faith in you, you always want to repay that with your performances."

Evans has made no secret of his desire to sign former Brighton midfielder Bridcutt and publicly declared his intentions several weeks ago.

Bridcutt has made 30 Barclays Premier League appearances for Sunderland but has fallen down the pecking order at the Stadium of Light.

He came to the fore at Brighton under Gus Poyet and followed the Uruguayan to Sunderland for a reported B#3million fee in January 2014.

Buckley was signed by former Leeds head coach Uwe Rosler in early October but made just one start and three substitute appearances for the club.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Rydogsccfc » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:39 pm

I would rather play under Slade than that fat c**t Steve Evans.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Blazing Saddles » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:38 pm

The fact that he can't get in Sunderlands crock of shite side speaks volumes for him. :laughing6: He'll do well at Leeds, about his level :old: :wave:
Blazing Saddles

Return to General Chat