Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY MAKE LAST-DITCH BID '

Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:56 pm

' Cardiff City make last-ditch bid to sign Premier League striker in next 24 hours before loan window shuts '

BY STEVE TUCKER

25/11/15

Despite already signing Tony Watt on loan from Charlton, Cardiff City hope to add another new face by the end of play on Thursday

Cardiff City are aiming to sign a Premier League striker on loan in the next 24 hours despite already bringing Charlton's Tony Watt to the club this week.

The Bluebirds have been looking at a number of options in recent weeks as they bid to solve their scoring woes, and it had been thought Watt would be the only addition before the emergency loan window closes at 5pm on Thursday.

But sources have told WalesOnline the Bluebirds are not finished yet and are in discussions with a Premier League frontman.

Those talks are thought to be at a delicate stage but club chiefs are hopeful they can get their man and bolster their options ahead of a crunch couple of months in the race for the play-offs.

It is also believed the proposed deal could lead to a permanent move in the January transfer window.

Cardiff strikers Adam Le Fondre, Eoin Doyle, Alex Revell, Etien Velikonja and Rhys Healey are all currently out on loan after failing to make a impression on the first team, while Idriss Saadi is injured.

Federico Macheda is currently on his way back to fitness from a back injury after playing and scoring for the development team earlier this week.

New signing Watt is expected to go straight into the Cardiff squad on the weekend for the home clash against Burnley, with the 21-year-old admitting he is both nervous and excited about his move.

“I was in the gym on Wednesday and my agent rang me and said Charlton are willing to send you on loan," he said.

"I said okay and he told me about Cardiff and I knew the manager was interested for a few weeks so I was delighted obviously when I got it over the line and done.

“It’s a big club. I would be lying if I said I’m not nervous and not excited about it. Obviously I want to hit the ground running and score some goals.”

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY MAKE LAST-DITCH BID '

Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:57 pm

Come on then. Anbody got names

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:06 pm

We know Slade is keen on James Wilson. Brighton looking favourites there tho

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:17 pm

Double G wrote:We know Slade is keen on James Wilson. Brighton looking favourites there tho

Hope it's someone more proven

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:33 pm

Rantie?

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:36 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Double G wrote:We know Slade is keen on James Wilson. Brighton looking favourites there tho

Definitely. :thumbright:

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:41 pm

Victor anichebe

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:41 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

The likelihood is that in the emergency window it's going to be a young striker with something to prove rather than an actual proven striker

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:08 pm

boyosback wrote:Rantie?

I would say so.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:08 pm

I been telling you all and nobody is listening it's Rantie if they can sort out his wages and a loan fee :sladeout:

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:27 pm

I can see Jones going very soon.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Would prefer Anichebe to be honest. Sell Kenwyne!

Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:38 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:I can see Jones going very soon.

Thought he was close to agreeing a new deal on reduced terms? I'm sure I read something to that effect on here?

Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:41 pm

norms76 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:I can see Jones going very soon.

Thought he was close to agreeing a new deal on reduced terms? I'm sure I read something to that effect on here?

I can see him going either in Jan or the summer.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:21 pm

Kenwyne Jones and Victor Anichebe up front would be very tasty! :thumbright:

:ayatollah: :bluescarf: