' WHO IS REALLY DECIDING ? '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby carlccfc » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:43 pm

' WHO IS REALLY DECIDING ON THE LOANS ? '

Russell Slade was roundly criticised by fans after the defeat to Derby County on Saturday after claiming in his post match press conference that we were limited in attacking options.

I understand why fans couldn't believe that Slade had made such a claim when he has a plethora of strikers out on loan at other clubs, or injured or released.

Adam Le Fondre and Eoin Doyle are at Wolves and Preston respectively,

Rhys Healey is on loan at Dundee until January 3rd, 2016 but is currently injured and unlikely to play for the Scottish club again before the loan deal expires.

Etien Velikonja is on a season-long loan deal to Lierse S.K.

Kadeem Harris loan deal at Barnsley ended on Nov 22nd.

Rayo Vallecano signed Javi Guerra after the striker was out of favour at City.

Kiko Macheda is on the road to recovery after a long absence injured.

Idriss Saadi is injured and unlikely to see first team action until after the turn of the year.

Slade's comments raised questions obviously, especially because Alex Revell was loaned out to Wigan despite the club only having two recognised strikers fit at the time in Kenwyne Jones and Joe Mason.

Even though I think it safe to say that Revell was not a favourite of the fans, he certainly had the backing of Slade, he played him regularly and went in the press to defend Revell earlier this season, claiming fans didn't understand what the striker brought to the team.

So when Slade made his post match comments of a lack of attacking options I questioned why he made such a remark when you consider the list of players released for loan by the club.

Is Slade that naive to make such a comment ?

I don't think he is.

I cannot believe that Russell Slade gave up on a striker he obviously rates so easily, I suspect that Slade may have been told to loan Revell out.

So were Slade's comments an attempt to force the powers that be to back the manager with a signing or two ?

I believe they were.

I cannot accept that anyone would have made those comments without an ulterior motive, I really do think that Russell Slade said it because he was not happy with the situation.
NEATH BLUES

My Daughter was the first ever mascot at Cardiff City Stadium --->
carlccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' WHO IS REALLY DECIDING ? '

Postby nubbsy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Definatly possible that he is putting pressure on the owners for backing. It's also pretty obvious it wasn't his choice to loan out Jones and Conolly last year. I honestly can't see us getting any backing at all in January as cost cutting is clearly the priority now.
nubbsy

Postby T1JMO » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:50 pm

How is Velikonja still here? :laughing5:
T1JMO

Postby Rydogsccfc » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:10 pm

nubbsy wrote:Definatly possible that he is putting pressure on the owners for backing. It's also pretty obvious it wasn't his choice to loan out Jones and Conolly last year. I honestly can't see us getting any backing at all in January as cost cutting is clearly the priority now.

That's the way I see it Slade is going to have to work on scrap.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby carlccfc » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:17 pm

nubbsy wrote:Definatly possible that he is putting pressure on the owners for backing. It's also pretty obvious it wasn't his choice to loan out Jones and Conolly last year. I honestly can't see us getting any backing at all in January as cost cutting is clearly the priority now.

I am pretty certain Slade was aiming at Tan and the board with his comments after Derby.

I think Slade probably believes he has done enough cost cutting and wants to be backed.
NEATH BLUES

My Daughter was the first ever mascot at Cardiff City Stadium --->
carlccfc

Postby BlueSince1908 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:25 pm

There should be more emphasis on bringing through forwards at this club as homegrown talent. We are currently threadbare to the developmental side. We need more WELSH strikers. As the Welsh NT is lacking on them
BlueSince1908

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:31 pm

whats he got to lose by challenging tan/dalman to back him? :o
pembroke allan

Postby davids » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:33 pm

I'm sure that when Slade was appointed it was made clear exactly where he stood - when Tan tells him to bend over that's exactly what he has to do.

If he's not happy with the restrictions he's working under he should have either not taken the job in the first place or tender his resignation now.
davids

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:49 pm

davids wrote:I'm sure that when Slade was appointed it was made clear exactly where he stood - when Tan tells him to bend over that's exactly what he has to do.

If he's not happy with the restrictions he's working under he should have either not taken the job in the first place or tender his resignation now.

perhaps things gone on longer than he was told? so now a bit peaved off or even like i said other day hes manouvering a way out? :shock:
pembroke allan

Postby Rydogsccfc » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
davids wrote:I'm sure that when Slade was appointed it was made clear exactly where he stood - when Tan tells him to bend over that's exactly what he has to do.

perhaps things gone on longer than he was told? so now a bit peaved off or even like i said other day hes manouvering a way out? :shock:

Could it be a beginning of the end for Slade?
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby ThomasC » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:24 am

Good post, it's interesting very few city fans are willing to analyse what Slade said and sympathise a bit with him. It's easy to brand him clueless when the reality, if Slade was popular, his comments would be perceived as a dig at the 'transfer committee' for loaning all his strikers out! I don't believe he made those decisions.

Slade isn't one to put his resignation in because he is sick of the interference, he signed up willingly knowing Tan, Dalman, Choo will control the outgoings of players. No sympathy!
ThomasC

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:39 am

Totally agree with all that :ayatollah:

If he keeps get rid,they will allow Slade a little bit back, but its Slades fault for allowing this to happen, he should be stronger.

We needed to shred the squad,but its gone to far one way and filled with 14/15 players and only 2 ever really play :shock:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby KWest » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:53 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Could it be a beginning of the end for Slade?

Hope so.
KWest

Postby City Slicker » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:45 am

The chances are that Slade is getting frustrated with his lot. He must be aware that he is facing criticism from the bulk of the fan base and at the same time his hands are tied. Yes, its probably true that his comment was meant as a (mild) rebuke to Tan. However, if so it was so mild as to be lost on the majority, and in the process left him appear incompetent.

The fact is he probably jumped at the offer of this job with his eyes wide shut. He did not adequately consider just how adversely the cost cutting would affect him and, as a result, his professional credibility. Had he really thought clearly enough about what was required of him he might better have been advised not to have taken the job. He's been set up as a patsy.

Nonetheless his limitations are there for all to see, and I for one have no confidence he would have the ability to utilise a substantial war chest in any case. But, despite his ignorance, Slade has been a little hard done by, but not nearly enough as us poor supporters who basically have been forced to eat pulp by an arrogant and unforgiving man.
City Slicker

Postby Skewett » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:31 am

I don't want to reply to the original post and paste it in front of my comments but for me the voiced aside to Tan (if that's what it was) says everything about Slade and how he deals with his employer. I don't hold with this 'Tan is making all the decisions' viewpoint but if it is true then doesn't that show Slade as having no backbone. Can't he argue his case and make enough valid comments to his employers to fight his corner. If he's really doing it in veiled comments, which Tan must see through if we can, then that's not showing much strength.

I'm guessing this may be the real reason Ole left. He wasn't willing to back down when he was dealing with our owner so decided to quit.

I don't normally like direct criticism but we play boring football and our manager seems unwilling or incapable of managing in his own right. Tan won't give Slade money to buy players if he shows a lack of strength by not fighting his corner. We seem to be going nowhere fast.
Skewett

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:40 am

why on earth would tan tell slade that he needs to loan out revell :lol:
paulh_85

Postby ThomasC » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:53 am

paulh_85 wrote:why on earth would tan tell slade that he needs to loan out revell :lol:

Who's saying It was Tans decision? I hope your sitting down to break this news to you, Cardiff City have a transfer committee :roll: no accountability, no clarity.

The perfect structure for the cost cutting
ThomasC

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:03 pm

ThomasC wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:why on earth would tan tell slade that he needs to loan out revell :lol:

Who's saying It was Tans decision? I hope your sitting down to break this news to you, Cardiff City have a transfer committee :roll: no accountability, no clarity.

right. so pick one of the lowest paid players to go out on loan because we need to cut costs :roll:
paulh_85

Postby ThomasC » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:20 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

right. so pick one of the lowest paid players to go out on loan because we need to cut costs :roll:

Out of the committee members I guess you think it's Slade that wanted rid of Revell. The official line is he's gone on loan to get his 'confidence' back

What self repecting manager admits he can't motivate his own players? You may be right but that is pretty ruthless management playing him every week to bombing him out on loan.
ThomasC

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:47 pm

ThomasC wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Out of the committee members I guess you think it's Slade that wanted rid of Revell. The official line is he's gone on loan to get his 'confidence' back

What self repecting manager admits he can't motivate his own players? You may be right but that is pretty ruthless management playing him every week to bombing him out on loan.

its what happened to le fondre. no one doubted that slade was the one who sent him out on loan last season
paulh_85

Postby bluemun » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:05 pm

The only way we'll sign anyone in January is if we sell and I can see Marshall and maybe Turner leaving.
bluemun

Postby Bluebird1977 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:52 pm

ThomasC wrote:

Yep but lets blame slade on here as normal that's how it is :lol:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby llan bluebird » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:12 pm

Has anyone thought Slade is backing himself a bit.

Not done a bad job of stopping us sinking like bigger clubs than us, maybe within football circle he has improved his reputation.

I guess he knows/thinks he is going at the end of the season, but ask yourself would Bolton, forest or Leeds be happier in out position. All have had more money than Slade.

If you want to stay in the league an bind time, maybe Russ is your man ?

Accountants and bankers run every business, why do you think football is any different
llan bluebird

Return to General Chat