Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Was this the last bit of passion taken out of us? "

Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLBAR3G-bJM

Still one of my favourite videos gutted I wasn't present. Top notch :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Re: Was this the last bit of passion taken out of us

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:08 pm

:malky:

Re: Was this the last bit of passion taken out of us

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:32 pm

Stringfellow wrote:http://youtu.be/5uwIWKTsTiQ

Still one of my favourite videos gutted I wasn't present. Top notch :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Beginning of the end when they sacked MM :ayatollah:

Re: " Was this the last bit of passion taken out of us "

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:43 pm

Stringfellow wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLBAR3G-bJM

What a day/what an atmosphere/Liverpool fans stayed behind to clap us :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

For Me Tan and the So called Red Brigade Killed our club, its heart and Soul and guess what Tan or them dont go anymore.
If I am wrong why is our ground so empty and virtually Soulless and 99% of away games now becoming the same, even Derby away was a lot less than last time we went there.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

What a day/what an atmosphere/Liverpool fans stayed behind to clap us :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

For Me Tan and the So called Red Brigade Killed our club, its heart and Soul and guess what Tan or them dont go anymore.
If I am wrong why is our ground so empty and virtually Soulless and 99% of away games now becoming the same, even Derby away was a lot less than last time we went there.

We aren't dead, just wounded. We will rise again without a doubt :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:52 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We aren't dead, just wounded. We will rise again without a doubt :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Gareth, I can only see this happening when Tan and his puppet managers are gone for good :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

And they will, when I don't know but nothing lasts forever :thumbup:

Gareth, I can only see this happening when Tan and his puppet managers are gone for good :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:55 pm

Tan sucked the passion from this club and has left Choo and Dalman to pick up the pieces.

Re: " Was this the last bit of passion taken out of us? "

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:14 pm

There are probably people out there who supported Malky Mackay more than they did Cardiff City

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:16 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:thumbup: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

And what was it for? A match that contributed to our relegation, heck the game wasn't even remembered. Football itself is dying out, we've just had to suffer a bit more than the others

Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:28 pm

This was a part of the decline. Malky for me was one of a very few managers I had a connection with. He got us promotion yes a bit of money to spend but as we all know that is no guarantee. The aftermath of malky and the relevantions that followed has not helped. Malky felt like one of us.

Passionate bluebirds are still out there. Me included but feels like the passion needs some sort of rekindle. The fans made me support this great club. Right now supporting city is not fun but more of a chore to attend.

Personally the rebrand has affected my once devoted love of Cardiff City. It is never likely to be the same as it once was. Not sure if I am dramatic or others can share my thoughts but I long to remembers and live cardiff like I used too. Scared that it's never going to be the same again.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:46 am

boyo1927 wrote:This was a part of the decline. Malky for me was one of a very few managers I had a connection with. He got us promotion yes a bit of money to spend but as we all know that is no guarantee. The aftermath of malky and the relevantions that followed has not helped. Malky felt like one of us.

Passionate bluebirds are still out there. Me included but feels like the passion needs some sort of rekindle. The fans made me support this great club. Right now supporting city is not fun but more of a chore to attend.

Personally the rebrand has affected my once devoted love of Cardiff City. It is never likely to be the same as it once was. Not sure if I am dramatic or others can share my thoughts but I long to remembers and live cardiff like I used too. Scared that it's never going to be the same again.

Good post, boyo :thumbup:

Agree with most of that, but as good and loyal as our fans at Anfield were, we must remember that Malky was 'playing' us and our loyalty to him!

With regard to the current situation, I think it will take one hell of a (maybe brave) 'owner' and managerial appointment to turn this club around and appease even the majority (rather than all) of our fans ;)

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:47 am

boyo1927 wrote:This was a part of the decline. Malky for me was one of a very few managers I had a connection with. He got us promotion yes a bit of money to spend but as we all know that is no guarantee. The aftermath of malky and the relevantions that followed has not helped. Malky felt like one of us.

good post feel the same makes me angry and sad reading it.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:00 am

No,football is the swing and roundabout philosophy,it will happen again,when is the definitive question.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:50 am

Sorry I don't buy the whole MM legend thing. The man was probably a racist and certainly two faced. His transfer dealings were shocking and no-one should sweep the money paid for Andreas Cornelius under the carpet. I personally believe there was much more to his transfer dealings and probably his own personal benefit was a priority over the clubs.

Also we lost that Liverpool game 3-1 so all the passion counted for nothing as the manager failed.

His replacements failed and the club board has to take responsibility for that however that is not an excuse to relieve MM of all blame or hold him in esteem.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis despite all the 'passion' we lost that game 3-1.

MM was not the hero that some portray and has a certain amount of blame for the direction the club went in. Certainly for his transfer dealings if nothing else.

The rebrand was a poor idea in the end but those who tolerated at the time did so for the good of the club, not because any of us had a burning desire to see Cardiff City play in red.

It was obvious that one day the club would return to blue and if in the meantime Tan wanted to throw money at the club then that was his choice.

The ground is empty now because that happens to every club which is relegated and fails to bounce back at the first attempt. Those who don't go any more are nothing but excuse makers who will reappear with another excuse if we fluke a promotion this season.

What is needed is for us the fans to move on and get this bunch of under achievers over the line by supporting them in the same way we once did for a discredited manager.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:15 am

Can never understand how anyone says MM transfer dealings were shocking, apart from Cornelius obviously being the big gamble that went terribly wrong. He signed Mason, Turner, Noone, Gunnarson, Ralls who are still at the club. Players who did a good job at championship level like Cowie, Conway, Miller. Players who are currently with Prem clubs Campbell, Mutch, Caulker. Take Cornelius out and I would say he did well with transfers.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:29 am

So Spot on and thats even how I feel on occasions, Still hurting from it :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:42 am

We were at that game. Soaked up the atmosphere but don't really remember much about the game itself. I know we lost but that was about it. I miss that passion and buzz around the club when Malky was here. It's so disappointing that he did what he did in terms of the comments and I think they were completely unacceptable but I do miss him being our manager and would forgive and take him back here any day! Obviously that won't happen but I'm sure that passion and buzz will return again! :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:52 am

hotwings wrote:Can never understand how anyone says MM transfer dealings were shocking, apart from Cornelius obviously being the big gamble that went terribly wrong. He signed Mason, Turner, Noone, Gunnarson, Ralls who are still at the club. Players who did a good job at championship level like Cowie, Conway, Miller. Players who are currently with Prem clubs Campbell, Mutch, Caulker. Take Cornelius out and I would say he did well with transfers.

Spot on. :thumbup: Probably broke even on transfers, with profits on some. Cornelius was injured from the start (Accrington?) and never recovered. But you will never change the minds of the one eyed bigots, who once they shout racist condemn the person for life, despite what he achieved at the club. MM transfer dealings probably broke even and he got promotion.
Look what Ferguson and Mourinho spent to buy titles - who keeps saying look at the money they spent and mainly lost on transfers?

Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:02 am

hotwings wrote:Can never understand how anyone says MM transfer dealings were shocking, apart from Cornelius obviously being the big gamble that went terribly wrong. He signed Mason, Turner, Noone, Gunnarson, Ralls who are still at the club. Players who did a good job at championship level like Cowie, Conway, Miller. Players who are currently with Prem clubs Campbell, Mutch, Caulker. Take Cornelius out and I would say he did well with transfers.

Well said.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:05 pm

Pitty the guy was a huge fraud.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:46 pm

spot on!

Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:47 pm

Tommy Smith didn't want to come here so we had to offer him £30k a week, barely played/featured for us... Helguson was on a huge wage at Championship level as well. Maximilano Amondarin was on £8k a week I think it was publicised on here, despite never featuring for the first team?

Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:25 pm

BlueSince1908 wrote:

Tommy Smith didn't want to come here so we had to offer him £30k a week, barely played/featured for us... Helguson was on a huge wage at Championship level as well. Maximilano Amondarin was on £8k a week I think it was publicised on here, despite never featuring for the first team?

Helgusson, money well spent!

He earned every penny unlike some of the wasters we've had lately.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:29 pm

Gareth, Ive just watched this video another 3 times, that for me was the last time our fans showed real passion,what a day to remeber :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:28 pm

BlueSince1908 wrote:

Ultimately malky got us promoted. The club gained huge tv income amongst other income streams because malky the manager got us promoted. Mentioning players who were bit part makes no difference whatsoever. Personally I question if Tommy smith was on 30k. Where has that come from?

If you forget the malky aftermath you cannot argue with what he did not just promotion. The unity we had with him as fans. Whatever you day nothing has been like that at city since Eddie may days.

Malky will be a legend and in our history with a tainted feel of course.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Me too Annis and I think for me knowing there are others like this will always keep my hope that the city passion will always be there. It needs a spark to the ignition. Might be soon but likely some years away.

I was speaking with a reading fan in work recently. We both agreed supporting our clubs lower down the food change was more enjoyable. The connection between club. Manager. Players and fans is closer the lower down the leagues you go.

So Spot on and thats even how I feel on occasions, Still hurting from it :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:37 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Well said.

You can add Gary medel to the list of quality signings as well. Every time Chile play, all pundits talk about is how good he is,and let's be fair its not often inter Milan sign players from Cardiff city.