Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Bolton owner writing off debt "

Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:48 pm

BBC

24/11/15

Bolton owner Eddie Davies to write off loans to ease takeover

Bolton owner Eddie Davies will not expect repayment of his loans to the club in a bid to ease the takeover process, says advisor Trevor Birch.
Davies owns the Championship club through company Burden Leisure PLC, which announced debts of £172.9m in April after losses of £9.1m for 2014.
Birch was brought into Bolton to try to assist negotiations in takeover talks.
"Eddie will be writing off his loans that currently sit in the accounts," the 57-year-old told the club website.
"I wouldn't want to compromise the current negotiations, but Eddie is making it very attractive for an interested party to buy the club.

Re: Bolton owner writing off debt

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:06 pm

wez1927 wrote:http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34908977?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport.

wez who ever buys club still have to furnish debts aproaching £180m they have with other parties! cost about 20mil to buy though, was on talk sport other day! :old:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:19 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34908977?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport.

wez who ever buys club still have to furnish debts aproaching £180m they have with other parties! cost about 20mil to buy though, was on talk sport other day! :old:

That's not what's in this article ,they are saying whoever is buying the club will have to pay for the assets ie the stadium,I wonder how much they will go for

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:41 pm

two more seasons of vinny and i reckon he sells at a loss and he does what he said and leave us in good hands.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:29 pm

llan bluebird wrote:two more seasons of vinny and i reckon he sells at a loss and he does what he said and leave us in good hands.

I reckon that as soon as Tan has got as much money back as he can he'll flog us to anybody who makes him a half decent offer. He won't give a shit whether we're left in good hands or not.

Got a horrible feeling that somewhere down the line a certain Lebanese gentleman may become involved with the club again.

If so, the phrase "out of the frying pan into the fire" springs to mind.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:53 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

That's not what's in this article ,they are saying whoever is buying the club will have to pay for the assets ie the stadium,I wonder how much they will go for

yes wez like said still have to sort out other creditors and that is about 180m so while cheap to buy the club, they still need to take over all other debts! :thumbup:

Re: " Bolton owner writing off debt "

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

yes wez like said still have to sort out other creditors and that is about 180m so while cheap to buy the club, they still need to take over all other debts! :thumbup:

The other creditors are not even a small fraction of that figure. Virtually all the debt is due to the owner who is writing it off.

Re: " Bolton owner writing off debt "

Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:30 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

The other creditors are not even a small fraction of that figure. Virtually all the debt is due to the owner who is writing it off.

Must have missed heared what was said? :thumbup:

Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:27 am

davids wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:two more seasons of vinny and i reckon he sells at a loss and he does what he said and leave us in good hands.

I reckon that as soon as Tan has got as much money back as he can he'll flog us to anybody who makes him a half decent offer. He won't give a shit whether we're left in good hands or not.

Got a horrible feeling that somewhere down the line a certain Lebanese gentleman may become involved with the club again.

If so, the phrase "out of the frying pan into the fire" springs to mind.

This all does come to mind.

Tan might have to sell to Sam if he wants a quick exit. It will all make interesting watching.