Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" More of today's Football Paper Talk "

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:08 pm

LOAN EXTENSION FOR EVANS

24/11/15

Manchester City midfielder George Evans has extended his loan spell with Walsall until January 9.

The 20-year-old has scored three goals in five appearances for the Saddlers since joining in October.

STUTTGART SACK ZORNIGER

Bundesliga strugglers Stuttgart have parted company with head coach Alexander Zorniger

The 48-year-old only took charge in the summer but has been dismissed after managing just 10 points from 13 games.

Stuttgart also boast the worst defence in the German top flight with 31 goals conceded.

IORFA STAYING WITH WOLVES

Dominic Iorfa has penned a new three-and-a-half year deal with Wolves that will keep him at the club until 2019.

The young full-back was due to be a free agent next summer, but told the club website: “I’m happy with the deal but I’m staying grounded, I still want to do well for the club and keep improving as a player.”

WHITMORE JOINS CHESTER

Burnley defender Alex Whitmore has joined Chester FC on a one-month’s youth loan, the Sky Bet Championship club have announced.

CURLE EXTENDS CARLISLE STAY

Carlisle United manager Keith Curle have agreed a contract extension that will see him remain in charge Sky Bet League Two club until June 2018.

Chairman Andrew Jenkins said: “I am very pleased that Keith has agreed the extension as he has brought a new focus and impetus to the club over the course of the last twelve months.

“He successfully steered us away from relegation last season and has continued the good work by building a stronger squad and by implementing a realignment of the club's footballing focus.”