Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' He Will be a hit for Cardiff City Fans '

Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:09 am

Cardiff City: Tony Watt will be hit with fans, says Simon Church

BBC

24/11/15

New signing Tony Watt will be a hit with Cardiff City fans, according to Wales and MK Dons striker Simon Church.

The Bluebirds have signed 21-year-old striker Watt on loan from Charlton until January.

Church, who played with Watt at The Valley, says the former Celtic and Standard Liege man is a good acquisition for the Championship side.
"He's a very good player and I think the Cardiff fans should expect a lot of good things from him," said Church.
"He's still very young, but he comes across as very mature. He's a bit different, and he has a lot of ability."

Watt will be available for Cardiff's Championship game against Burnley in the Welsh capital on Saturday provided international clearance comes through in time.
He joins a team struggling for goals, with Cardiff scoring only 17 times in 17 Championship games this season.
Manager Russell Slade complained about his striking options after the 2-0 loss at Derby.
Watt scored a goal in each of the opening Championship games this season, but has failed to add to his account in 13 appearances since. He was in the Charlton team that lost 2-1 at Cardiff on 26 September.

The Scot famously scored Celtic's second goal in their 2-1 win over Barcelona during the 2012 Champions League when he was 18-years-old.

Re: ' He Will be a a hit for Cardiff City Fans '

Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:49 am

"Manager Russell Slade complained about his striking options after the 2-0 loss at Derby."

Back up... wasn't it Slade who sent our strikers out on loan!

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:12 am

Let's hope so.
People on here writing him off already -
'I'm not excited by him' - 'why can't we get a proven 20 goal a season striker'. It's laughable. At least support him and give the guy a chance.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:19 am

It doesn't send the pulse rating - he's hardly been prolific wherever he has played

If he was that good why would celtic get rid of him ?

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:53 am

Why did other clubs get rid of bothroyd ??????

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:16 am

cardiffblue74 wrote:"Manager Russell Slade complained about his striking options after the 2-0 loss at Derby."

g
Are you talking about the strikers our fans don't rate like revell ? :sladeout: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Re: ' He Will be a hit for Cardiff City Fans '

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:39 am

A change of scenery has done well for our strikers on loan, so maybe we should get behind him, loans are always a gamble, look at Koumas two loans for example.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:46 am

Yet another Doyle / Revel type player no doubt.

Wish him well - but given Slades previous talent for scouting talent in the lower divisions then I doubt much will change.

What are his stats / goals per games etc ?

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:52 am

Bar Rudy Gestede to Blackburn, can someone give me a striker who has scored 10+ goals in the loan emergency window? If you want a 20+ goal striker on loan, you'll have to wait till January. Give Watt a chance, it's boring with all this negativity

Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:14 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Let's hope so.
'I'm not excited by him' - 'why can't we get a proven 20 goal a season striker'. It's laughable. At least support him and give the guy a chance.

Because we haven't got a couple of million to spend on players.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:51 pm

maccydee wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Let's hope so.

Because we haven't got a couple of million to spend on players.

Durr ..... exactly

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:49 pm

Without a doubt we gotta give the guy a chance, and for that matter even Slade in this one instance. Never judge a book by its cover :thumbup:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:40 pm

From what I can judge he is full of promise. Much more direct than both Revell and Doyle. A wee bit faster and more skilful also.He's only 21 and needs a good manager who can develop him and that could be.....Trollope!

Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:51 pm

cardiffblue74 wrote:"Manager Russell Slade complained about his striking options after the 2-0 loss at Derby."

The mad thing about this quote is that slade the idiot will still start saturday with mason and jones upfront after moaning about striking options in the previous game. Man is an absoloute fool.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:22 pm

Was it though hmmm

Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:45 pm

BlueSince1908 wrote:Bar Rudy Gestede to Blackburn, can someone give me a striker who has scored 10+ goals in the loan emergency window? If you want a 20+ goal striker on loan, you'll have to wait till January. Give Watt a chance, it's boring with all this negativity

Who would let a 20 goal a season striker out on loan?

Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Hope so, we have had some good players from \scotland so hope he does the business for us :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:32 pm

I have always liked the look of this guy when he was at Celtic still a very young player hopefully he can do the business and if he does do well hopefully we can get him for over 1 mill. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:18 pm

maccydee wrote:
BlueSince1908 wrote:Bar Rudy Gestede to Blackburn, can someone give me a striker who has scored 10+ goals in the loan emergency window? If you want a 20+ goal striker on loan, you'll have to wait till January. Give Watt a chance, it's boring with all this negativity

No one. Hence why I don't get why our fans are crying

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:00 pm

BlueSince1908 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

because they think we have god given right to have whatever player available whatever cost? :laughing6:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:11 pm

Most of the whinging is down to ignorance.

I doubt half of those moaning had even heard of him before yesterday.

I just saw a video of him running the clock down v Forest and wow, the boy has got some skill.

We can't spend millions so have to gamble and this one might well be a hit.

I just wish people would wait and watch - with an open mind- for a few matches without making their minds up

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:11 pm

Well we will soon find out on Saturday, if Slade plays him ????????????????????????????? :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
BlueSince1908 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

because they think we have god given right to have whatever player available whatever cost? :laughing6:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Adam '15 chances per goal' le Fondre.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:28 am

I remember Gunter said that Le Fondre will succeed at Cardiff. Can't trust players opinions just as much as fans opinions. All up to Tony Watt to prove himself.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:44 pm

bluemun wrote:From what I can judge he is full of promise. Much more direct than both Revell and Doyle. A wee bit faster and more skilful also.He's only 21 and needs a good manager who can develop him and that could be.....Trollope!

I'm not so sure about Trollope's ability, after all he has been Slade's 2nd in command for quite some time and still we are playing a dire brand of football, either he agrees with Slade's style of football or his advice to Slade is being totally ignored... which is it?

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:47 pm

bluespeers wrote:Well we will soon find out on Saturday, if Slade plays him ????????????????????????????? :ayatollah:

Slade would have loaned him out before Saturday. :lol:

Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:12 pm

I get the feeling sometimes, if we had Bale playing, Alex Fergussen as manager, free pies, free beer and Elvis as half time entertainment and won 5-0 we would still have someone on here moaning that the pies wer'nt hot enough.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:19 pm

Denzil wrote:I get the feeling sometimes, if we had Bale playing, Alex Fergussen as manager, free pies, free beer and Elvis as half time entertainment and won 5-0 we would still have someone on here moaning that the pies wer'nt hot enough.

Nothing worse than a cold pie. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:27 pm

Denzil wrote:I get the feeling sometimes, if we had Bale playing, Alex Fergussen as manager, free pies, free beer and Elvis as half time entertainment and won 5-0 we would still have someone on here moaning that the pies wer'nt hot enough.

Fact!

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:38 pm

norms76 wrote:

Nothing worse than a cold pie. :ayatollah:

Or a headless pint of lager.