Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ricardo Vaz Te

Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:57 pm

How many on this forum would have rather signed Vaz Te(who charlton have signed today to replace watt) than Tony watt who obviously can not do it at this level.. I am honestly in deep shock at this signing.. What does this say about us and our aspirations? Not really gonna fill the stands again is it? Ok he scored one good goal against Barca but surely that you can't live on that? This guy couldn't score goals in Scotland couldn't score goals in Belgium and has scored 7 in 24 for charlton FFS WHATS GOING ON??????? :sladeout:

Re: Ricardo Vaz Te

Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:10 pm

GummiTheBluebird wrote:How many on this forum would have rather signed Vaz Te(who charlton have signed today to replace watt) than Tony watt who obviously can not do it at this level.. I am honestly in deep shock at this signing.. What does this say about us and our aspirations? Not really gonna fill the stands again is it? Ok he scored one good goal against Barca but surely that you can't live on that? This guy couldn't score goals in Scotland couldn't score goals in Belgium and has scored 7 in 24 for charlton FFS WHATS GOING ON??????? :sladeout:

You claimed we 100% were getting Rantie. :lol:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:16 pm

From what I understand he is still coming that's what I can't understand :sladeout:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:27 pm

GummiTheBluebird wrote:From what I understand he is still coming that's what I can't understand :sladeout:

I hope not, no better than what we have. :sladeout:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Agreed norms.. Watt is no better than mason.. What a pointless signing :sladeout:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:51 pm

GummiTheBluebird wrote:Agreed norms.. Watt is no better than mason.. What a pointless signing :sladeout:

Surely he can't be as bad as Mason !!!

I'll reserve judgement on the new guy but surely he's an improvement on we've had to endure upfront so far this season !! It's not asking much !!

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:34 pm

GummiTheBluebird wrote:How many on this forum would have rather signed Vaz Te(who charlton have signed today to replace watt) than Tony watt who obviously can not do it at this level.. I am honestly in deep shock at this signing.. What does this say about us and our aspirations? Not really gonna fill the stands again is it? Ok he scored one good goal against Barca but surely that you can't live on that? This guy couldn't score goals in Scotland couldn't score goals in Belgium and has scored 7 in 24 for charlton FFS WHATS GOING ON??????? :sladeout:

We couldn't afford Vaz Te with Tan's cost cutting. Vaz Te would obviously have been on a very decent wage at West Ham and the chances of him taking a drastic pay cut to play for us are slim to none. Offloading Revell and using his wages to pay a percentage of Watt's wage to take him on loan is something we've managed to do though and that's the reality of where we're at with our mad, loony, cost cutting, Malaysian dictator in charge, going from one extreme to another.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:40 pm

Vaz Te was without a club After leaving a team in turkey.. :sladeout:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:41 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

We couldn't afford Vaz Te with Tan's cost cutting. Vaz Te would obviously have been on a very decent wage at West Ham and the chances of him taking a drastic pay cut to play for us are slim to none. Offloading Revell and using his wages to pay a percentage of Watt's wage to take him on loan is something we've managed to do though and that's the reality of where we're at with our mad, loony, cost cutting, Malaysian dictator in charge, going from one extreme to another.

We are the forgotten men of the past whilst Dic syphons off all the cash to fund his new toys in America, Slovenia and Belgium!

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:42 pm

GummiTheBluebird wrote:Vaz Te was without a club After leaving a team in turkey.. :sladeout:

He probably had a very decent wage in Turkey as well, a wage which we can't match right now.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:43 pm

Its called running a club within its means and not like the ridler or sam.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:45 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Its called running a club within its means and not like the ridler or sam.

Or is it called running the club down?

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:30 pm

City Slicker wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:Its called running a club within its means and not like the ridler or sam.

Or is it called running the club down?

is having a club stable in championship living in its means running it down? :old:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Give the guy a chance ffs

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:48 pm

Why are we acting as though we are a bigger club than Charlton ?

Vaz te had a good season and a good move but never made it.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:08 pm

Look he may come here and smash it and god knows I hope he does but come on?????? Slade only signs spanners FACT!!! No proven goal record anywhere and for all you saying we are cutting our cloth accordingly well if we keep cutting we won't be a championship club for much longer.. We very much remind myself of a certain Sheff Utd at the moment and look where they are now :sladeout:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:52 pm

Much rather some young striker who has a point to prove to his parent club than some aging player who had one good season about four years ago

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:51 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Agreed tonteg but let the head in the clouds fans atm believe slades got 20 million in his pocket and with many marquee signings comming in. If he don't do that then it's all slades fault as it will take 1000s off the gate and people won't go anymore, that's going off some of the posts on this board. f*cking Perfetic some of our fans are on this forum who want everything from tan then want him out the next but before he leaves get a top manager in and give him millions and the debt down to nothing at the same time, you couldn't make it up on here. :lol:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:16 am

He can't do it at this level? Have you seen the reaction from the Charlton fans? They aren't happy. I guarantee you that you've never seen him.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:48 pm

GummiTheBluebird wrote:Look he may come here and smash it and god knows I hope he does but come on?????? Slade only signs spanners FACT!!! No proven goal record anywhere and for all you saying we are cutting our cloth accordingly well if we keep cutting we won't be a championship club for much longer.. We very much remind myself of a certain Sheff Utd at the moment and look where they are now :sladeout:

Sheff Utd who signed our right back last year for 2.5 million pounds?

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:21 pm

Yeah the same ones that been sat in League one for I don't know how long :sladeout: and FYI I've seen watt play 5 times first hand for Celtic at Celtic park

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:30 pm

GummiTheBluebird wrote:Yeah the same ones that been sat in League one for I don't know how long :sladeout: and FYI I've seen watt play 5 times first hand for Celtic at Celtic park

We are sat in the championship very safe. We are nothing like Sheff Utd

Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:03 pm

Yeah until commander tan wants to cut more costs :sladeout:

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:48 am

GummiTheBluebird wrote:Yeah until commander tan wants to cut more costs :sladeout:

How much would be spending on players without Tan? Where would we be if he didn't take us over and pay the debt to HMRC?

Are you one of those that wants your cake and to eat it?

Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:22 am

Listen I would rather be in div2 with our identity and pride in place.. We would have survived somehow some way.. Your obviously a tan man who wants the bright lights at any cost.. Get the tw@t gone and get some solid investment and i would be over the moon to just be a steady championship club with our identity and pride in place.. The truth is this.. Tan has other investments to worry about now and we ain't one of them :sladeout:

Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:40 am

GummiTheBluebird wrote:Listen I would rather be in div2 with our identity and pride in place.. We would have survived somehow some way.. Your obviously a tan man who wants the bright lights at any cost.. Get the tw@t gone and get some solid investment and i would be over the moon to just be a steady championship club with our identity and pride in place.. The truth is this.. Tan has other investments to worry about now and we ain't one of them :sladeout:

We have our identity back and are a solid championship team. We have our pride as we have been seen to get our blue back.

What more do you want?

I'm not a Tan man I'm a common sense man who doesn't want my club to go bust. I'm not a bright lights fan either. I have been to over 40 away grounds. None in the Premiership and few in the Championship. I did all my supporting when we were bottom leagues.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:21 pm

maccydee wrote:
GummiTheBluebird wrote:Listen I would rather be in div2 with our identity and pride in place.. We would have survived somehow some way.. Your obviously a tan man who wants the bright lights at any cost.. Get the tw@t gone and get some solid investment and i would be over the moon to just be a steady championship club with our identity and pride in place.. The truth is this.. Tan has other investments to worry about now and we ain't one of them :sladeout:

We have our identity back and are a solid championship team. We have our pride as we have been seen to get our blue back.

What more do you want?

I'm not a Tan man I'm a common sense man who doesn't want my club to go bust. I'm not a bright lights fan either. I have been to over 40 away grounds. None in the Premiership and few in the Championship. I did all my supporting when we were bottom leagues.

I have also travelled the country long and wide and won't disclose how many away grounds I've been to as I don't need to
Prove my loyalty to nobody.. If you seriously think that we have our identity back just because we play in blue you are very much mistaken.. Our heart and sole have been ripped out and that is why people now stay away.. Solid championship team? Lucky more like with a lot of baggage Slade being one of them.. People like jones and digackhoi on fortunes who are mediocre players IMO.. You have to agree we are very lucky to be where we are at present and with a bad run we could be in all sorts of trouble with a clueless manager in charge.. I'm not trying or looking for an argument I am just very concerned for the club I have lost a lot of feeling for :sladeout:

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:51 pm

GummiTheBluebird wrote:
maccydee wrote:

What more do you want?

I have also travelled the country long and wide and won't disclose how many away grounds I've been to as I don't need to
Prove my loyalty to nobody.. If you seriously think that we have our identity back just because we play in blue you are very much mistaken.. Our heart and sole have been ripped out and that is why people now stay away.. Solid championship team? Lucky more like with a lot of baggage Slade being one of them.. People like jones and digackhoi on fortunes who are mediocre players IMO.. You have to agree we are very lucky to be where we are at present and with a bad run we could be in all sorts of trouble with a clueless manager in charge.. I'm not trying or looking for an argument I am just very concerned for the club I have lost a lot of feeling for :sladeout:

Dicko and Jones are mediocre?' Our better results have come with them being in the team, if it wasn't for Jones goals last season we would have been relegation fodder. Funny how different people see things.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:57 pm

Jones I may have to agree he is a good player but never worth the wage and I'm sorry but dico is a joke.. Just watch him play.. He can't run, he can't pass a ball and looks lost so often if you really focus on him during a game.. I have analysed him a few times now :sladeout:

Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:40 pm

GummiTheBluebird wrote:
maccydee wrote:

What more do you want?

We have lost fans as we aren't winning. When we actually lost our identity in the same division as now we had 7000 more fans. In the premiership 12000 more. It's all based on success not on identity or anything like it.

Digkacoi isn't mediocre. His injury caused our loss of form as before he got injured we were doing pretty well. According to many on here Jones is crucial to our club so calling him mediocre is incorrect.