Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ben Tuner (Cov fans view)

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:49 pm

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/61575-Turner-different-class

Wow they sure are fans of him, in fact they love him. If fit I would say hes out second best cb behind Manga, those two fit and playing a whole season would be top. They seem to think they have a chance of getting him at the end of the season? Surely not and why hasnt he been offered a new contract? Must keep

What made me laugh was Coventry calling us a joke and on the way down...jeez they must have short memories

Re: Ben Tuner (Cov fans view)

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:52 pm

KersleyDigs said:

Ben Turner - different class
No-one noticed Dominic Samuel till the hour mark. No coincidence; this was shortly after Turner was taken off. His reading of the game, strength, dominance in the air was different league, not to mention being unfit AND getting a goal!
We desperately need to get a longer term replacement in soon for what is admittedly a brilliant short term option

Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:22 pm

We need to keep Turner, far better than Morrison defensively

Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:26 pm

Yep a great defender who defends!! Had fitness issues, he's going nowhere. :thumbup:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:36 pm

Doubt he could play with Connolly. He simply can't pass and is too rushed at Championship level. Manga and Connolly for me every time. Both good footballers.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:40 pm

I honestly think we have the 2, perhaps 3 best centre backs in the league with Manga, Turner and Connolly. I can't think of any centre back in the Championship who I would choose to play ahead of any of them. No surprise that Turner stood out a mile at League 1 level.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:16 pm

Always liked Turner, may not be the best on the ball but a good CB.

Agree that manga, Turner and connolly all very good CBs especially at this level.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:59 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I honestly think we have the 2, perhaps 3 best centre backs in the league with Manga, Turner and Connolly. I can't think of any centre back in the Championship who I would choose to play ahead of any of them. No surprise that Turner stood out a mile at League 1 level.

Couldn't agree more, people are obsessed by this defender on the ball nonesense. If he could do that he would be top level because as a defender top notch. Defenders are there to defend. :thumbup:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:51 pm

Once Big Ben has got his fitness with Cov, he needs to come back and fight for his place. As far as I'm concerned when he's match fit he's not only one of the first names on the team sheet he should also be made captain.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:38 am

Stringfellow wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I honestly think we have the 2, perhaps 3 best centre backs in the league with Manga, Turner and Connolly. I can't think of any centre back in the Championship who I would choose to play ahead of any of them. No surprise that Turner stood out a mile at League 1 level.

Couldn't agree more, people are obsessed by this defender on the ball nonesense. If he could do that he would be top level because as a defender top notch. Defenders are there to defend. :thumbup:

I agree with your point completely. A very, very good defender at this level. He was one of perhaps a tiny number of Malky's players brought up from the Championship who did reasonably well in the Premier. Ok his distribution isn't perfect but if it were he'd be out of our reach. One of our better players and deserves a lot of respect,

Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:51 am

City Slicker wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

I agree with your point completely. A very, very good defender at this level. He was one of perhaps a tiny number of Malky's players brought up from the Championship who did reasonably well in the Premier. Ok his distribution isn't perfect but if it were he'd be out of our reach. One of our better players and deserves a lot of respect,

Also agree with both of you.
Turner is a solid defender in the Hudson mould. Slade seems obsessed with Morrison to the point of even keeping Manga out when he was fit.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:50 am

Excellent defender but that isn't enough in our league, he can't pass the ball to save his life.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:00 pm

T1JMO wrote:Excellent defender but that isn't enough in our league, he can't pass the ball to save his life.

I always find it strange when he tries long diagonals. Why, just play it safe, no your limitations.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:05 pm

cardiffred wrote:http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/61575-Turner-different-class

Wow they sure are fans of him, in fact they love him. If fit I would say hes out second best cb behind Manga, those two fit and playing a whole season would be top. They seem to think they have a chance of getting him at the end of the season? Surely not and why hasnt he been offered a new contract? Must keep

What made me laugh was Coventry calling us a joke and on the way down...jeez they must have short memories

I think Ben Turner is better though :)

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:07 pm

harold pinta wrote:Once Big Ben has got his fitness with Cov, he needs to come back and fight for his place. As far as I'm concerned when he's match fit he's not only one of the first names on the team sheet he should also be made captain.

The club seems highly unlikely to make him captain. They haven't even offered him a new contract for when his current one runs out at the end of the season.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
T1JMO wrote:Excellent defender but that isn't enough in our league, he can't pass the ball to save his life.

I always find it strange when he tries long diagonals. Why, just play it safe, no your limitations.

He tries it time and time and time again and most of them go ouf of play or near the corner flag, that's the downside to his game too. Connolly looks so composed on the ball and passing thats why I would pick him ahead of Turner.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:59 pm

I think Turner is probably our best defender, but as others have said he can be wasteful with the ball. I would still have Turner & Manga as my first choice pairing with Connolly & Morrison as back up.
I think it says a lot about our team that Morrison is one of our more likely goal scoters though, but in my opinion, the weakest defender of the 4.