Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

2015 Black Friday Thread

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:11 pm

Anyone going anywhere.

I'm debating whether to go to Merthyr midnight on Thursday to watch the pushing/shoving, possible full on fighting.

Or going to Cardiff and trying to get some good stuff.

LLandaff Tesco's had the most trouble last year didn't it?.

Re: 2015 Black Friday Thread

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:39 pm

Go to poundland in Swansea ......everything is reduced to 50p should be a hell of a ruck.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:22 pm

Shopping my arse!

Black Friday is 18th December, the last Friday before Christmas, were everyone goes out after work and gets battered on mulled wine and snowballs, tries to get off with someone they really shouldn't be and ends up puking in a taxi on the way home. It certainly isn't when a bunch of mouth breathers squabble over crap tellys in Asda.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:28 pm

Black Friday is when people go out and enjoy get drunk with mates

Not stay up to get something 'cheap' when really it's a few quid off at the most

Always see down and outs scrapping over stuff on the news

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:41 pm

Depressed Blue wrote:Anyone going anywhere.

I'm debating whether to go to Merthyr midnight on Thursday to watch the pushing/shoving, possible full on fighting.

Or going to Cardiff and trying to get some good stuff.

LLandaff Tesco's had the most trouble last year didn't it?.

Ffs is this why you're so depressed?!

Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:17 pm

Managed to get a very good laptop from Argos for £300. Reserved it today and collecting it tomorrow. Was my birthday today so spending all my birthday money on it.

Asda aren't taking part this year.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:36 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Managed to get a very good laptop from Argos for £300. Reserved it today and collecting it tomorrow. Was my birthday today so spending all my birthday money on it.

Asda aren't taking part this year.

What some people spectacularly fail to realise is that these so called bargains can be found at exactly the same price or even less when the shops re stock after the "sale".
Once you've been selling a shit wharfedale telly for £99, you aren't going to then be able to sell it for more.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:52 pm

Load of nonsense media stir totes and make people believe there's huge deals about that are in reality no cheaper than they will be after Christmas

Black Friday is a festive drinking session to me and always has bee last Friday before Christmas

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:12 am

Everyone knows the sales after Christmas will be better, but isnt the whole point that eople will be able to give better presents to the people they know on Xmas day?.

The prices of coffee machines last year still havent been beaten.

Last year I got: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Times-Atlas-Wor ... imes+atlas

For £15 on amazon black friday.

Granted I haven't looked through it much, but it is huge and I will keep it for years and years.

There are deals to be had, just I wouldnt fight anyone to get one. But I will go to laugh at others fighting.