Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED Latest News ' Federico Macheda '

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:46 pm

UPDATED

And Macheda scores v Watford

Federico Macheda returns to action today with the Under-21 side who face Watford.

Re: ' Federico Macheda '

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Federico Macheda returns to action today with the Under-21 side who face Watford.

Great news, I rate him, many dont,but I believe he went backwards under Slade.

Proved he could score for Birmingham City last season, they loved him, but could not afford him at the time.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Federico Macheda returns to action today with the Under-21 side who face Watford.

Proved he could score for Birmingham City last season, they loved him, but could not afford him at the time.

He's too lazy - and with Slade still there, will continue to disappoint the majority of Cardiff fans.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:24 pm

mugsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He's too lazy - and with Slade still there, will continue to disappoint the majority of Cardiff fans.

Yes you could call him a goal hanger/poacher,but give him the service he will find the net :thumbright: :thumbright:

Re: Latest News ' Federico Macheda '

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:36 pm

Great news he is a good player when injury free hope he does the business for us

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:37 pm

wez1927 wrote:Great news he is a good player when injury free hope he does the business for us

100% with you Wez, has an eye for the goal, just what we need :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Great news he is a good player when injury free hope he does the business for us

100% with you Wez, has an eye for the goal, just what we need :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

He was brilliant for us against Notre forest last season hopefully he can regain some form

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:47 pm

Scored today aswell

Re: UPDATED Latest News ' Federico Macheda '

Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:27 pm

only natural finisher at the club. needs some loving.
im hoping its Macheda and Jones on weekend and bring Watt on sub. got no time for Joe Mason.
also hoping Slade has the balls to drop Whittingham and go back to Ralls and Gunner in middle with Pilks and Noone wide.

Manga playing is a good sign. is he ready to replace Morrison ?

Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Natural goal scorer, end of.
Lazy yes, but he can score goals given the chance. IF only he'd had half the chances Mason did......

Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
mugsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes you could call him a goal hanger/poacher,but give him the service he will find the net :thumbright: :thumbright:

With the right delivery and neat play he would thrive but in this team I don't think so

Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:56 pm

I agree that he's the only real finisher at the club. You couldn't play him up front with Kenwyne...but maybe with Tony Watt. I really think we need a new partnership.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:58 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
mugsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

With the right delivery and neat play he would thrive but in this team I don't think so

Your right with the right service Macheda will score, over to Russell Slade :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I agree. I think there is a player and a half in Macheda once he sorts himself out and realises that he has the ability to go a long way :thumbup:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:52 pm

He is our most natural scorer at the club if he wasn't injured i think we would have more points on the board by now.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:28 pm

Double G wrote:only natural finisher at the club. needs some loving.
im hoping its Macheda and Jones on weekend and bring Watt on sub. got no time for Joe Mason.
also hoping Slade has the balls to drop Whittingham and go back to Ralls and Gunner in middle with Pilks and Noone wide.

I was enjoying your post until you mentioned Noone. He's a total waste of space this season!

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Skewett wrote:

I was enjoying your post until you mentioned Noone. He's a total waste of space this season!

Did you go to last home game ? Noone ran the show and looked like the noone we 1st signed

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:20 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:UPDATED

And Macheda scores v Watford

Federico Macheda returns to action today with the Under-21 side who face Watford.

Great news, with a bit of competition up front maybe just maybe we can kick start our season again, give him decent service and he will score :bluescarf:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:31 pm

Double G wrote:
Skewett wrote:

Did you go to last home game ? Noone ran the show and looked like the noone we 1st signed

Noone was playing against the slowest and worse full back in the league that day......We should know that.

How many did he score or set up ?

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:37 pm

I was there again today.

Macheda played okay, did his business and put away a goal from a fair range, but he's put on a bit of weight. :shock: Manga was very good, looking forward to seeing him back in the first team. Semi Ajayi also put in a good shift.

Slade was watching once again from the stands so we'll see on Saturday whether he makes some changes. I imagine Manga will be straight back into the team.
Last edited by JonCCFC on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Slade has not idea how to play him. He is a worse target man than Earnie, but because he is a big lump everyone (well slade) thinks he is a big number 9, he isn't.

I am convinced that no one can play with Jones, he spent his life as a lone target man, holding the ball for the attacking midfielders.

Macheda needs space, so needs attacking midfielders to pull defenders away from him as he isn't going to do much running.

I wouldn't be surprised to see jones off in Jan and an attack of Macheda & this Watt lad or Saadi may improve the team dynamic.

Bar far the best finisher at the club, and if he is motivated and in the correct system a goal machine

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:40 pm

JonCCFC wrote:I was there again today.

Macheda played okay, obviously he did the business and put away a goal from a fair range. Manga was very good, looking forward to seeing him back in the first team. Semi Ajayi also put in a good shift.

Slade was watching once again from the stands so we'll see on Saturday whether he makes some changes. I imagine Manga will be straight back into the team.

He def needs to change the team Ralls and Gunnar in midfield for a start.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:42 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

Macheda played okay, obviously he did the business and put away a goal from a fair range. Manga was very good, looking forward to seeing him back in the first team. Semi Ajayi also put in a good shift.

Completely agree, unfortunately Slade won't drop Whitts.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:46 pm

Macheda played okay, did his business and put away a goal from a fair range, but he's put on a bit of weight. :shock: Manga was very good, looking forward to seeing him back in the first team. Semi Ajayi also put in a good shift.

I imagine Manga won't be straight back into the team.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:46 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

He should move Whitts on to the left but keep Ralls and Gunnar CM.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:48 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Looked fit and ready to go, played very well, he'll at least be on the bench.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:00 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Looked fit and ready to go, played very well, he'll at least be on the bench.

I want him back in ASAP but going by the last time he was ready Slade kept him on the bench and persevered with Morrison.
It's a no brainier for me to start him but I think he'll be on the bench.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
mugsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Lazy, terrible in the air, but will score goals and with confidence will get better. We aren't in a position to be picky. Get him in :thumbup:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:09 am

JonCCFC wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

If Gunnarson and Pilkington were fit last saturday I think Witts would have been on the bench

Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:38 am

Feeeeeeeed the nose and he will score (Shaun goater style) :lol: :sladeout: