" What ever any fan feels,He is a nice guy and "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:14 am

" What is true is Slade is a nice guy, open and honest "

By Steve Tucker

23/11/2015

What is true, is that it does feel hard to know sometimes where to pitch one’s comments, positive or negative, about the Cardiff boss.

The first thing to note is that Slade is a nice guy, an avuncular figure really, open and honest and a pleasure to deal with after the exertions required with some of his predecessors.

But being a nice bloke in football is neither here nor there.

In fairness, what is true, is that Slade has improved morale within the Bluebirds squad.

He has acted as a unifying force and galvanised a dressing room that was previously divided.

What cannot be denied either is that Slade has had to preside over a cost-cutting regime in the Welsh capital that makes George Osborne look like Father Christmas.

He has slashed millions from the wage bill and pruned a squad which, under former boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, had become so unwieldy the players’ Christmas party looked like a gathering of the extras from Ben Hur.

The problem is, of course, despite the protestations from Slade that he is no longer shopping at Harrods, one is left wondering what the point is of going to Home Bargains and buying a bucket with a hole in it, even if it is cheap.

Slade’s signings have almost uniformly been poor.

Alex Revell has been shipped off to League One, while Stuart O’Keefe was branded by Slade himself this week as merely a squad player.

Eoin Doyle, also out on loan now, was brought in too and described as one for the future.

But what price the future as the present slips through one’s fingers and the Premier League galleon sets sail loaded with bullion to strange shores that seem increasingly more distant from a Cardiff perspective.

Cardiff's shocking stats can't explain just how dull they were

The other problem is that Slade seems to never learn from his mistakes either.

His preference for strikers that simply could not find the net as Kenwyne Jones sat around for so long naturally earned distrust among the fan-base, the lop-sided midfield, which was back against Derby although admittedly surely only because of injury, irks the majority.

There seems an inability to move forward, to learn, to progress at Slade’s Cardiff.

In the same way, the Bluebirds seem inflexible, their formation set in ancient stone even if all the evidence seems to be crying out for change.

The comments after the Derby defeat are almost unanimously negative, there is barely no-one coming out to defend Slade despite the fact Cardiff are still only three points off the play-off places.

Maybe, we South Wales press are unforgiving and hasty too, but, above all that, perhaps the important thing I like to think anyway, is we say it as we see it.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " What ever any fan feels,He is a nice guy and "

Postby cardiffblue74 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:26 am

A very fair and balanced article.

My personal feelings is that he's come in to steady the ship and sort out an almighty mess we were left in after our Premiership disaster. For that I respect him as he came into a no win situation as his brief was cut the squad, wage, bill and make Cardiff a more sustainable place.

Now it seems as if he's done the dirty work and we are looking for him to push us forward again which I am struggling to see. OK lets forget the Derby game as they are promotion contenders while we at best are play off challengers, hence it's never nice to lose but lets be realistic. I want Slade to stay in charge and give him a fair crack this season at getting us near the playoffs, however without goals we will never win a match and I can't see any hope of goals.

Simply getting rid of Slade now does no go for the dressing room and the next manager will want free reign with Tan's cheque book!
cardiffblue74

Postby spinks » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:35 am

Anyone with a hole in their ass knows that Slade cant cut it at this level. Im not talking about points on the board here but his decision making (Whitts again comes in). Slades transfers - strikers !!!!

One / Two or sometimes NO shots on target - is NOT a football team.
Slades demeanour - awful. Nice guy and all that - but we are not here to let nice guys have a job.

And I also dont buy this - he came in to settle the ship etc . Players get paid a lot of money to be "PROFESSIONAL" footballers.

I honestly feel 100% BORED now when watching us play - if it wasnt for taking my son - I would give it up and just go to individual games instead.

We need a change and need it now.

I would happily swap Monk for Slade
spinks

Postby nubbsy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:36 am

Tucker talks alot of crap, but he's written a balanced article here.
nubbsy

Postby sir ninian » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:06 am

He may be a nice guy,but football is a hard business and not many nice guys are successful.Over paid footballers with big ego's love managers like slade,we need a right nasty b*stard to take over.
:bluebird: :bluebird:
Let's pull out all the stops and go for PUTIN!!
sir ninian

Postby Mike Strinati » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Thing is being nice doesn't get you anywhere in this league. Some bollocks he needs.
Mike Strinati

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:01 pm

Slade needs to change his system or use players that suit his system Ralls and Gunnarson work brilliantly in a 442.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby BlueVanman » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:04 pm

sir ninian wrote:He may be a nice guy,but football is a hard business and not many nice guys are successful.Over paid footballers with big ego's love managers like slade,we need a right nasty b*stard to take over.

:lol: he'd sort em out
BlueVanman

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:05 pm

sir ninian wrote:He may be a nice guy,but football is a hard business and not many nice guys are successful.Over paid footballers with big ego's love managers like slade,we need a right nasty b*stard to take over.

I prefer Obama. :lol:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby bluemun » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:17 pm

Problem is would Tan even consider a strong-minded manager? Plus...we'd probably have to drop close to the relegation places for the Board to act.
bluemun

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:14 pm

Ive always supported slade, even amongst friends who slate him and argue with me about the fact he has got to go - I still stand up for him and want him to prove me right. It's not like we are in the bottom 3 - then people would really have to something to complain or be worried about. We are doing alright and this could be the highest point (from this moment) in the league pyramid that we reach in my lifetime so I'm going to enjoy every minuite cos it could be far worse. Some clubs never make it up to the top half championship, let alone the premier league. Of course I want us to get promoted or win a cup or win the Derby 5-0! But glory doesn't sometimes happen for years (for a minority of clubs it happens very often) but for most it's just every once in a while 5,10,20, even 50 years odd! But when it does happen it makes it even more special and we will enjoy those times again at some point, but for now it's on with supporting Cardiff city FC the club I will always love! :bluescarf:
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby City Slicker » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:43 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Ive always supported slade, even amongst friends who slate him and argue with me about the fact he has got to go - I still stand up for him and want him to prove me right. It's not like we are in the bottom 3 - then people would really have to something to complain or be worried about. We are doing alright and this could be the highest point (from this moment) in the league pyramid that we reach in my lifetime so I'm going to enjoy every minuite cos it could be far worse. Some clubs never make it up to the top half championship, let alone the premier league. Of course I want us to get promoted or win a cup or win the Derby 5-0! But glory doesn't sometimes happen for years (for a minority of clubs it happens very often) but for most it's just every once in a while 5,10,20, even 50 years odd! But when it does happen it makes it even more special and we will enjoy those times again at some point, but for now it's on with supporting Cardiff city FC the club I will always love! :bluescarf:

He's a nice cuddly guy with nice cuddly supporters! :sladeout:
City Slicker

Postby bluespeers » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:17 pm

I have nothing personal against the man and i am sure he is nice enough bloke, however he is not the man to take us forward. We will end up mid table again. He will be gone but not until the end of the season and if we end up where i say we will then he can't complain when he is shown the door :ayatollah:
bluespeers

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:35 am

I am willing to give him a chance and understand that football management is a very hard profession.

Also the answer is not to get rid of the manager every 5 minutes in the hope that we get lucky and find the magic touch with someone or other.

However, I do expect Slade to learn from his mistakes and in truth there is much for him to learn. Whittingham must never again play in the middle of a 4-4-2 certainly not if it means other players have to cover for him in this failed lop-sided midfield. If he can't do the job then he shouldn't be selected.

That said Slade has us handily placed and with a bit more belief we could make the jump into the play-offs. The tactical mistakes have to be amended and the manager himself has to be bolder and attempt to win games. Targeting 0-0 draws is so self defeating in the long run.

The manager now seems to have genuine options upfront and should make use of them in the most positive way possible.
Tony Blue Williams

Return to General Chat