Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WILL IT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE WITH SLADES NEWS STRIKER? "

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:42 am

" WILL IT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE WITH SLADES NEWS STRIKER? "

New Striker Signed Today viewtopic.php?f=2&t=165332 :ayatollah:

We have created only 9 chances in our last 4 games and struggle in many games.
Le Fondre, Guerra etc and even Slades own strikers Revell and Doyle struggle in his teams.

So if Slades new striker does not get the service and we don't play to his strengths, will there be any point as for me it's Slades tactics/ management are the problem.

Back in August City had a squad worthy of the top 2, now we are struggling to stay in the top 10.

Re: " WILL IT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE WITH SLADES NEWS STRIKER?

Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:09 pm

100% right start of rhe season on paper ourt eam looked a top 3 side, having seen the lack of chances c reated week after week we will finish mid table at best---things need to change now :sladeout:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" WILL IT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE WITH SLADES NEWS STRIKER? "

Le Fondre, Guerra etc and even Slades own strikers Revell and Doyle struggle in his teams.

So if Slades new striker does not get the service and we don't play to his strengths, will there be any point as for me it's Slades tactics/ management are the problem.

Back in August City had a squad worthy of the top 2, now we are struggling to stay in the top 10.

Unless we change the midfield set up I feel this will be a barren place for any striker here and feel sorry for them. The disfunctional midfield has (literally) been the heart of our problems for several seasons now!

Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:24 pm

I don't think it will, its the supply to the strikers that's the problem.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:34 pm

T1JMO wrote:I don't think it will, its the supply to the strikers that's the problem.

Spot on but what to do about it ? , and its not multiple choice

Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:40 pm

How much of an impact did Ravel Morison have with his 3 month loan.

Even if they play well it is only for a short period of time.

Id take him in a heartbeat for a permanent deal.

But what will dropping other players from the first have on squad morale. For the sake of a few games in 3 months.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:39 pm

The Problem is Slade the striker can make a difference IF other players are not played out of postion. Slade got it right against Reading Joe Ralls was going down the middle but come the next game away to derby slade changed it. There has been left backs playing on the right hand side and getting turned inside out. Our formation keeps changing and so will the results.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Everyone is saying we need a striker , we sign a striker and now questions asking if we even need a striker

Really

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:56 pm

Doubt he will play him

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:00 pm

We need a striker AND some decent supply

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:02 pm

CardiffCityBlue wrote:Everyone is saying we need a striker , we sign a striker and now questions asking if we even need a striker

Really

I think some people have been calling for strikers, many of us have been banging on for ages that we need to sort out midfield as a priority. It needs pace and creativity and although it improved massively against Reading, this was a problem area which needed addressing long ago.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:05 pm

I have to agree with you Annis.

Tactics tactics tactics, just what do they do at training?

Sorry but the number of strikers we have used and let go gives a very good indication of what may happen.

We all hope not but the hope is wearing really thin. :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:06 pm

City Slicker wrote:
CardiffCityBlue wrote:Everyone is saying we need a striker , we sign a striker and now questions asking if we even need a striker

Really

I think some people have been calling for strikers, many of us have been banging on for ages that we need to sort out midfield as a priority. It needs pace and creativity and although it improved massively against Reading, this was a problem area which needed addressing long ago.

Spot on :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Sorry but the number of strikers we have used and let go gives a very good indication of what may happen.

Originally the training tactics were hoof the balls by Scott Young and co.
Then Trollope took over they improved.

But lately, they dont seem to be passing a lot, now O'Sullivan I believe was told that he keeps the ball to much and should get rid of it straight away? :shock:
O'Sullivan did not play for County on Sat,after 2 games in 5 days for Wales Under 's.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:13 pm

Here's an idea.. Let's see how it pans out before baking judgement

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:14 pm

erinsown wrote:The Problem is Slade the striker can make a difference IF other players are not played out of postion. Slade got it right against Reading Joe Ralls was going down the middle but come the next game away to derby slade changed it. There has been left backs playing on the right hand side and getting turned inside out. Our formation keeps changing and so will the results.

Slade only got it right by default, when the Derby match came along, it was back to the same old incompetent Slade

Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

But lately, they dont seem to be passing a lot, now O'Sullivan I believe was told that he keeps the ball to much and should get rid of it straight away? :shock:
O'Sullivan did not play for County on Sat,after 2 games in 5 days for Wales Under 's.

Let's be honest a lot of the players have gone backwards under RS. I was not against the bloke but thought he lacked that bit about him which our club needs.

Unfortunately looks as though I may have been right I would check all the players after they have finished the game to see if they have a pulse :bluescarf:

Needs a complete revolution in the back room :sladeout:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:48 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Let's be honest a lot of the players have gone backwards under RS. I was not against the bloke but thought he lacked that bit about him which our club needs.

Unfortunately looks as though I may have been right I would check all the players after they have finished the game to see if they have a pulse :bluescarf:

Totally agree, good players have certainly gone backwards under Slade.

I saw Mac at Derby and asked why Big Sam and all his lot dont go away anymore and he said because the football was awful nowadays.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Totally agree, good players have certainly gone backwards under Slade.

I saw Mac at Derby and asked why Big Sam and all his lot dont go away anymore and he said because the football was awful nowadays.

Lot of money to waste when players don't give their all!

No laughs or good conversation either as everyone down and miserable, can't blame anyone not going :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:54 pm

Put Ralls and Gunnarson back into midfield and move Whitts out wide as Slade has man love for him.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:41 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Put Ralls and Gunnarson back into midfield and move Whitts out wide as Slade has man love for him.

Dream on

Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:43 pm

oxfordblue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Put Ralls and Gunnarson back into midfield and move Whitts out wide as Slade has man love for him.

Dream on

Hope it comes true. :thumbup:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:05 pm

I'd drop Mason and play Watt behind Jones. Someone with a bit of pace who can get in behind and away from defenders and who can actually hold up the ball if needed.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:25 pm

That has been our problem all season, lack of service to our strikers, i just hope Slade starts to change his style and get the ball up to forwards a bit of quality and a lot qucker otherwise it will be mid table again :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:58 pm

I disagree we had a top 2 side at the beginning of the season.

We haven't had any real flair or pace in the team, especially midfield, for some time.

Even if we had kept all of the players moved on the continued problem would have still been lack of pace, flair and drive in midfield.

Watt will add some pace but I guess he will need to drop deep to see anything of the ball.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:50 pm

A top two side :lol:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:18 pm

I think what it does do is give the midfield the option of playing a ball in behind the opposition defenders for a quick striker to run on to.We just don`t have that option with KJ and JM as they simply don't have that pace.

Tony Watt certainly has pace. What worries me is do Slade and the rest of the coaches have the ability to get the best out of him and overcome his severe attitude problems?. They have failed with similar players in the past (R Morrison , Guerra etc). Watt has a track record of ignoring advice from good coaches at the likes of Celtic and Standard Liege. I hope I am wrong for the sake of the team , but I cant see him being too impressed with being "advised" what to do as a striker by Scott Young , can you?