Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED Tony Watt new striker for City/Due to Sign

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:54 pm

BlueMagic wrote:
harold pinta wrote:With the sort of football we play under Slade we could sign Aguero and we would struggle up front. That being said, Tony Watt could at least be the sort of player that might actually get you out of your seat when he's in possession. The only players we have that can do that are Ameobi, who for some reason is about as fit as a pensioner and Kennedy who isn't allowed off the bench.

Agree with this.

I actually think watt could be a good signing. Hes got pace and skill and bags of potential apparantly.
But the trouble is im not sure he will fulfil his potential with ccfc under slade, slade is the problem he sets our midfield up so that we aint creative and dont create chances for our strikers. Watt could be a good striker under the right manager but slade is a clueless prick unfortunately.

Maybe having someone with pace will

A. Offer the option of the ball over the top or up the channels

B. Force the opposition defence to play deeper, giving us more space when we are in possession?

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:55 pm

BlueMagic wrote:
harold pinta wrote:With the sort of football we play under Slade we could sign Aguero and we would struggle up front. That being said, Tony Watt could at least be the sort of player that might actually get you out of your seat when he's in possession. The only players we have that can do that are Ameobi, who for some reason is about as fit as a pensioner and Kennedy who isn't allowed off the bench.

Agree with this.

I actually think watt could be a good signing. Hes got pace and skill and bags of potential apparantly.
But the trouble is im not sure he will fulfil his potential with ccfc under slade, slade is the problem he sets our midfield up so that we aint creative and dont create chances for our strikers. Watt could be a good striker under the right manager but slade is a clueless prick unfortunately.

Maybe having someone with pace will

A. Offer the option of the ball over the top or up the channels

B. Force the opposition defence to play deeper, giving us more space when we are in possession?

Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:01 pm

Got to give the Lad a chance as we always do. As for Slade he is a lost cause :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:41 pm

Is he good is he bad... This guy was linked to us last year or some time in the last 12 months = FACT .
Many a post on this guy on here from before - What happened to a premier league striker on loan :?: :?: :?:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:50 pm

Good strikers are like gold dust. No club is going to let a good striker go unless he's out of form, fallen out with the manager or they need to get him off the wage bill, especially in the middle of the season. I heard Jelavic mentioned last week but getting in that sort of player was always unlikely. Charlton are letting Watt go on loan for much the same reason we let Le Fondre go. Hopefully he can show us what he's really capable of.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:26 pm

What happened to Slade being in talks with 2 premier league strikers then?

Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:39 pm

I think he might do ok. He has pace and alongside jones he could do well. If he does amazing have we made a pre agreement to sign before his price increases?

Obviously if he is cack he goes back

Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:52 pm

GARY CCFC wrote:What happened to Slade being in talks with 2 premier league strikers then?

Spot On Gary :thumbright:

Re: ' Tony Watt new striker for City/Due to sign tomorrow '

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:05 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:I would take him he has impressed me from what i have seen of him so far. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I like your positivity sometimes! :thumbup: :lol:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:58 am

Will give the lad a chance, but we're signing a striker who looks like he's struggling for form from a struggling side. I'm underwhelmed. Hope he proves me wrong.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:50 am

GARY CCFC wrote:What happened to Slade being in talks with 2 premier league strikers then?

I Didn't hear slade say that he was in talks with two prem strikers

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:22 am

I'm hoping a change of scenery is just what he needs.But our problem seems to be creating not converting chances.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:19 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:

I Didn't hear slade say that he was in talks with two prem strikers

Ian, Slade told the press that he was in talks with Championship and Prem players

Re: UPDATED " CARDIFF CITY COMPLETE SIGNING OF NEW STRIKER

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:27 am

Cardiff City complete loan signing of Charlton striker Tony Watt

21-year-old Watt will go straight into the squad when Cardiff entertain Burnley in the Welsh capital on Saturday.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:32 am

Sven wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:I would take him he has impressed me from what i have seen of him so far. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

!

When it's rational yeah!

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:43 am

regardless how out of form someone is, how lazy they have been etc, sometimes a player and club just seem to fit.
look at bothroyd at cardiff for example, he was branded lazy, useless etc at wolves i think it was, came to us and it just seemed to fit.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:58 am

Welcome Tony and good luck. :thumbup:

The second TWatt at our club - the first one is still somehow managing the team.

:sladeout:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:09 am

I'll have a look at him on Saturday but without the right midfield selection, formation and tactics , best of luck to him

Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City complete loan signing of Charlton striker Tony Watt

21-year-old Watt will go straight into the squad when Cardiff entertain Burnley in the Welsh capital on Sunday

Has to go straight into the starting 11 in my view, Mason needs to be dropped

Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:41 am

angelis1949 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City complete loan signing of Charlton striker Tony Watt

21-year-old Watt will go straight into the squad when Cardiff entertain Burnley in the Welsh capital on Sunday

Has to go straight into the starting 11 in my view, Mason needs to be dropped

Agree. Mason has had a good chance

Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Hope he fits in and can do the business. My main concern would be why he has been unable to get into a team 1 point outside the relegation places.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:24 pm

Tony Watt can beat the clock!....seen it on you tube.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:53 pm

Welcome to the club Tony lets see that photo with you holding the jersey. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:57 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Sven wrote:

!

When it's rational yeah!

It is rational mate. :thumbup:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:49 pm

Twatt will be injured by Saturday. We'll never see him. :sladeout:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:11 pm

Brianclark5 wrote:Twatt will be injured by Saturday. We'll never see him. :sladeout:

another one of your fantastic positive posts!! :laughing6: :thumbup:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:29 pm

Striker Tony Watt has today moved to Cardiff City on a loan spell that will last until January 16.

With two Championship goals in 13 appearances so far this season, the most recent coming in the draw against Derby County back in August, the move is hoped to aide the player in finding his early season form again following his drop off in recent time.

Since joining us last January from Standard Liege, the 21 year old has made a total of 27 starting appearances for the club, with a further ten from the bench. In that time he's returned eight goals and his last appearance for us came in the MK Dons defeat back at the beginning of November.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:We really are becoming a joke of a club, how bad must he have become if Charlton want rid.. Who is scouting for Slade apart From Tan ?

if you read what their fans say they are not happy hes going, they are doing what we are doing cutting costs, not wanting him to go but being forced to go is more like? some on here happy hes coming so cant all be wrong??? :old:

I've just spent my lunchtime reading a Charlton forum, and didn't see anything that makes me think they're sorry to see him go. Little pace and a poor attitude mentioned. And if they're cost cutting why would they be bringing Vaz Te ? Nevertheless, we need to give him a chance