Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Tony Watt new striker for City/Due to sign tomorrow '

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:whilst he might not be a premier league striker, this guy is not a bad player from what I have seen of him. I hope we give him a chance as he could turn out to be a decent signing; providing of course Slade actually plays him in a system that fits his strengths.

But the question is will Slade play him?

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:48 pm

It's all we can afford clearly imo. People are supprised by whoever this player is wait till the start of next season if slade and the budget gets worse. All the cheaper on paper players will be back who are out on loan and half the squad we have playing now will be gone weather sold or there contracts up.

I'm not arsed as long as tan fucks off once he's got what he can over the next two seasons I think which will happen and I can't wait.
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:48 pm

davids wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Double G wrote:http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/70056/tony-watt-to-join-cardiff-on-loan

All the moaning, looks like one of our boards.

Probably on his case when he was playing, rate him like Ronaldo now he's leaving :lol:

Could be interesting and affects one of our relegation rivals too.

We are bottom 6 aren't we ?

Same amount of points away from the top 2 as we are from the bottom 3. :thumbup:

Dear, dear.
That's desperate!

Anyone being realistic won't even be looking at the top 2.

Also 3 points off top 6

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:49 pm

I think he averages a goal every four games which makes him on average a ten to twelve goal a season striker. Lets hope he can score a few here, sometimes a change of clubs can help, although I'm not sure why he has hardly featured for Charlton this season.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:53 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
davids wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Double G wrote:http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/70056/tony-watt-to-join-cardiff-on-loan

Probably on his case when he was playing, rate him like Ronaldo now he's leaving :lol:

Same amount of points away from the top 2 as we are from the bottom 3. :thumbup:

Dear, dear.
That's desperate!

Also 3 points off top 6

It was you who mentioned "one of our relegation rivals"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:55 pm

davids wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
davids wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Dear, dear.
That's desperate!

Also 3 points off top 6

It was you who mentioned "one of our relegation rivals"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:laughing6:

You know what I meant :thumbright:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:59 pm

If we sign lets give him a chance :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:02 pm

theclaw wrote:If we sign lets give him a chance :ayatollah:

Not happy, but totally agree :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:08 pm

http://youtu.be/VFyzPs1lO-o

Let's give him a chance. Looks direct.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:12 pm

so we'll play him as a left midfielder then

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:13 pm

You Watt, You Watt you watty watty Watt !!!!

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:14 pm

norms76 wrote:http://youtu.be/VFyzPs1lO-o

Oh please not YouTube again to judge a player we seen this before many times :lol:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:14 pm

Reports I've just read say he's skilful and has pace.
It's what we've been asking for.

Let's be fair if he had a 1 in 2 scoring record and both those attributes he'd be £10m and no one would want to leave him go.

Maybe we should ask Burnley if they will loan us Andre Gray.

Let's face it lads, we are in massive debt and so the days of spending like a sailor are over.

All signings from October 2014 onwards are going to be gambles.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:15 pm

We have to give the guy a chance if he arrives, but this just shows our ambition we've gone from one extreme to the other.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:18 pm

BaltimoreBlues wrote:We have to give the guy a chance if he arrives, but this just shows our ambition we've gone from one extreme to the other.

Maybe, just maybe, we get behind him, support him wholeheartedly, stay patient and make him feel like a hero and his confidence will come back and he'll start scoring again.

He was on fire at the start of the season and end of last so he's def got something :thumbup:

Re: UPDATED Tony Watt new striker for City/Due to Sign

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:20 pm

Rated him when he was at Celtic, surprised to see how his career has gone so far tbh.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:21 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:

Oh please not YouTube again to judge a player we seen this before many times :lol:

Just a glimpse of what he's done. He's not an unknown quantity, he's played Championship football for a while and of course champions league. I remember that goal against Barca but wasn't aware it was him until I watched it again just now. Looks decent I'll give him a chance.

Probably means that clown Slade will loan Mason out now. ;)
Last edited by norms76 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Cardiff City poised to increase striking options by signing Charlton forward Tony Watt on loan - reports
22 NOV 2015

BY ALEX BYWATER

The Scotland Under-21 front man, who made his name with Champions League winner for Celtic against Barcelona, has struggled to establish himself at The Valley

Cardiff City are poised to sign Charlton striker Tony Watt on loan.

Bluebirds boss Russell Slade said on Friday he was confident of bringing in a new frontman in time for his team's clash with Burnley.

And reports suggest the 21-year-old Watt is the man Slade wants with a deal set to be finalised on Monday.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:33 pm

I hope we give him the squad number 60 or 40! :lol:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:34 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
BaltimoreBlues wrote:We have to give the guy a chance if he arrives, but this just shows our ambition we've gone from one extreme to the other.

Maybe, just maybe, we get behind him, support him wholeheartedly, stay patient and make him feel like a hero and his confidence will come back and he'll start scoring again.

He was on fire at the start of the season and end of last so he's def got something :thumbup:

Yeah your right we have to get behind him and just hope he can produce the form he started with. Some players I guess just need a fresh start at another club to pick up where they were before. I Have to be optimistic :D :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:37 pm

So much for the Premier player
...wonder why Campbell didn't want to come back. I think we need to appoint Trollope or bring in Hasselbaink. Afraid Noddy is not going to bring in the kind of players we need. Marshall will realise that and leave....I won't blame him if he does.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Premiership striker signing so they say ...... We get someone who can't get in a team below us

The club is a joke - they don't deserve people coming through the turnstiles

:sladeout: :sladeout: :tandragon: :sladeout: :sladeout:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:53 pm

BaltimoreBlues wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Yeah your right we have to get behind him and just hope he can produce the form he started with. Some players I guess just need a fresh start at another club to pick up where they were before. I Have to be optimistic :D :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:07 pm

Even if he's shit, at least we have songs for him :lol:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:08 pm

Tony Watt Watt Watt Tony Watt Watt Watt :thumbup:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:09 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Premiership striker signing so they say ...... We get someone who can't get in a team below us

The club is a joke - they don't deserve people coming through the turnstiles

:sladeout: :sladeout: :tandragon: :sladeout: :sladeout:

what happened to giving guy a chance? if you've read some of the posts in relation to him you see he isnt bad and maybe just needs a different club? :old:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Il save my moaning untill I've seen him play, hope he brings a bit of pace and directness to the team and not another weak outlet like Macheda and Mason

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:32 pm

With the sort of football we play under Slade we could sign Aguero and we would struggle up front. That being said, Tony Watt could at least be the sort of player that might actually get you out of your seat when he's in possession. The only players we have that can do that are Ameobi, who for some reason is about as fit as a pensioner and Kennedy who isn't allowed off the bench.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:37 pm

Got to give him a chance, but its not a very inspiring signing

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:46 pm

harold pinta wrote:With the sort of football we play under Slade we could sign Aguero and we would struggle up front. That being said, Tony Watt could at least be the sort of player that might actually get you out of your seat when he's in possession. The only players we have that can do that are Ameobi, who for some reason is about as fit as a pensioner and Kennedy who isn't allowed off the bench.

Agree with this.

I actually think watt could be a good signing. Hes got pace and skill and bags of potential apparantly.
But the trouble is im not sure he will fulfil his potential with ccfc under slade, slade is the problem he sets our midfield up so that we aint creative and dont create chances for our strikers. Watt could be a good striker under the right manager but slade is a clueless prick unfortunately.