Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED " CARDIFF CITY COMPLETE SIGNING OF NEW STRIKER "

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:07 pm

UPDATED 23/11/15

Cardiff City complete loan signing of Charlton striker Tony Watt

21-year-old Watt will go straight into the squad when Cardiff entertain Burnley in the Welsh capital on Saturday

UPDATED

Cardiff City poised to increase striking options by signing Charlton forward Tony Watt on loan

22 NOV 2015

BY ALEX BYWATER

The Scotland Under-21 front man, who made his name with Champions League winner for Celtic against Barcelona, has struggled to establish himself at The Valley

Bluebirds boss Russell Slade said on Friday he was confident of bringing in a new frontman in time for his team's clash with Burnley.

And reports suggest the 21-year-old Watt is the man Slade wants with a deal set to be finalised on Monday.

Due to sign tomoz

Charlton striker Tony Watt is poised to join Cardiff City on loan.

The 21-year-old striker looks set to wrap up his move to the Welsh club tomorrow.
Watt started the season with a bang - notching in his first three games of the campaign - but has failed to find the next since.
And he recently exclusively spoke to the South London Press about his struggles for form - slamming some of his recent displays.
Watt had an instant impact when he joined from Standard Liege in the January transfer window, producing livewire displays that made him an instant hit with fans.
But the former Celtic youngster has been unable to scale those heights once his early season goal glut ended.

Cardiff boss Russell Slade spoke at the end of the week about his push to bring in a frontman.

Watt’s departure means that Charlton’s frontline options go back down - unless it frees up funds to make a signing before this week’s deadline for emergency loans.

Ricardo Vaz Te has already been brought in for the rest of the season while Ademola Lookman, 18, has also been promoted to the senior set-up.
Charlton did fail with a loan attempt to bring Yann Kermorgant back to The Valley recently - with AFC Bournemouth unwilling to let the French go due to a shortage of centre-forwards

Re: ' Tony Watt new striker for City/Due to sign tomorrow '

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:13 pm

Exclusive: Charlton striker set to join Cardiff City on loan
Sunday, 22 November 2015

By Richard Cawley in Football

Tony Watt

Charlton striker Tony Watt is poised to join Cardiff City on loan.

The 21-year-old striker looks set to wrap up his move to the Welsh club tomorrow.
Watt started the season with a bang - notching in his first three games of the campaign - but has failed to find the next since.
And he recently exclusively spoke to the South London Press about his struggles for form - slamming some of his recent displays.
Watt had an instant impact when he joined from Standard Liege in the January transfer window, producing livewire displays that made him an instant hit with fans.
But the former Celtic youngster has been unable to scale those heights once his early season goal glut ended.
Cardiff boss Russell Slade spoke at the end of the week about his push to bring in a frontman.
Watt’s departure means that Charlton’s frontline options go back down - unless it frees up funds to make a signing before this week’s deadline for emergency loans.
Ricardo Vaz Te has already been brought in for the rest of the season while Ademola Lookman, 18, has also been promoted to the senior set-up.
Charlton did fail with a loan attempt to bring Yann Kermorgant back to The Valley recently - with AFC Bournemouth unwilling to let the French go due to a shortage of centre-forwards.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:15 pm

Ill support hte guy and give him a chance. But again looks a cheap Slade signing.
Personally would have recalled Le Fondre even if he dont want to be here

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:16 pm

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussio ... ff-on-loan

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:17 pm

Just what we need then a Striker who is struggling to score, should fit in well for us :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:19 pm

I would take him he has impressed me from what i have seen of him so far. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:22 pm

We really are becoming a joke of a club, how bad must he have become if Charlton want rid.. Who is scouting for Slade apart From Tan ?

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:24 pm

Double G wrote:Ill support hte guy and give him a chance. But again looks a cheap Slade signing.

Totally agree with you Gareth on all accounts :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Certainly knows how to close a game down. :thumbup: :notworthy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf9aqY629JY

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Already posted by Always Blue:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=165331

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:26 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:We really are becoming a joke of a club, how bad must he have become if Charlton want rid.. Who is scouting for Slade apart From Tan ?

if you read what their fans say they are not happy hes going, they are doing what we are doing cutting costs, not wanting him to go but being forced to go is more like? some on here happy hes coming so cant all be wrong??? :old:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:30 pm

Double G wrote:Ill support hte guy and give him a chance. But again looks a cheap Slade signing.

Agree 100% but sometimes as we know they don't fit at one club and do at another. He needs to go straight in to the team. :thumbup:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Can't believe we are bringing in someone who at this level has been struggling,just shows how far we've fallen we needed a Dwight Gayle or Frasier Campbell type of striker pace and a threat I don't see this as the answer but hey he scored the winner against barca he must be class lol

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:We really are becoming a joke of a club, how bad must he have become if Charlton want rid.. Who is scouting for Slade apart From Tan ?

if you read what their fans say they are not happy hes going, they are doing what we are doing cutting costs, not wanting him to go but being forced to go is more like? some on here happy hes coming so cant all be wrong??? :old:

Well I hope he does well, but I just think what the fcuk are we doing ??

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:34 pm

I will Give him a chance don't know much about him. Is he quick ?

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:35 pm

wez1927 wrote:I will Give him a chance don't know much about him. Is he quick ?

He scored against Barca. :thumbup:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:36 pm

aggree totally unispiring signing tony who sorry what :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:37 pm

Just read thorough the Charlton forum link......reaction pretty positive for us most are pissed off.

Reza wrote:Can't believe we are bringing in someone who at this level has been struggling,just shows how far we've fallen we needed a Dwight Gayle or Frasier Campbell type of striker pace and a threat I don't see this as the answer but hey he scored the winner against barca he must be class lol

Spot on.

Slade sends out a striker lacking in confidence and struggling to score replaces him with a striker lacking in confidence and struggling to score.

Slade logic at it's finest.

Not inspiring but sure we'll give him a chance.
Tony watt watt watt. You watt you watt you watt you watt you watt

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:39 pm

Double G wrote:http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/70056/tony-watt-to-join-cardiff-on-loan

All the moaning, looks like one of our boards.

Probably on his case when he was playing, rate him like Ronaldo now he's leaving :lol:

Could be interesting and affects one of our relegation rivals too.

We are bottom 6 aren't we ?

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Ole ole, ole ole, Tony Watt Watt Watt, Tony Watt Watt Watt :ayatollah:
Last edited by JonCCFC on Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:41 pm

God our fans are the most pessimistic out there, a common football forum cliche but I genuinely believe we are. Never happy, ever

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:42 pm

can't recall him on a season long loan ,what's this guy like Gards

So we take a striker struggling for goals in a side 11 places below us and 1 point off relegation zone.

I appreciate we need something fresh and different up front, but this is the best Slade can do? Maybe he is the only option.

The ONLY realistic option? Who knows, Maybe its because strikers who could be available are looking at us and thinking "no thanks". - They can see we don't score goals which means the attack is not being supplied by the midfield. Our managers style and predictable tactics are well known by now in our division as defence orientated, clueless going forward and also losing its attendances, atmosphere and togetherness. Players, backroom staff and agents from all clubs all talk to each other you know!

Like Slade, I will support Watt from the off, but if it goes the way I expect it to, my support and tolerance will wear thin before it turns to criticism and despair, just like it has for Tan, Slade and the majority of our players.

Lets hope he kick starts his career with us against Burnley! :|

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :sladeout:

wez1927 wrote:I will Give him a chance don't know much about him. Is he quick ?

Summary of their comments, talented and skilful, questionable attitude

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:43 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Double G wrote:http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/70056/tony-watt-to-join-cardiff-on-loan

All the moaning, looks like one of our boards.

Probably on his case when he was playing, rate him like Ronaldo now he's leaving :lol:

Could be interesting and affects one of our relegation rivals too.

We are bottom 6 aren't we ?

Same amount of points away from the top 2 as we are from the bottom 3. :thumbup:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:45 pm

whilst he might not be a premier league striker, this guy is not a bad player from what I have seen of him. I hope we give him a chance as he could turn out to be a decent signing; providing of course Slade actually plays him in a system that fits his strengths.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Charlton fans not that impressed by him

http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thre ... solly-watt

Such a let down it just proves where we stand at the moment signing players from charlton

He might play well but we all expected a prem striker in

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Cardiff City sign a T.Watt!