Re: " 3 POINTS OFF THE PLAY OFFS "

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:10 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
JonCCFC wrote::sladein:

Jon
We are 10pts of top 8pts off most play off teams and yes final place 3pts off, for me your clutching at straws, how many times have we been in the top 6 under Slade?

We should not be just praying for 6th place, but at least top 2 with the squad we had in August
Have a look
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145418

Slade's target at the beginning of the season was to achieve a play off place by the end of the season. As things stand, that is still VERY achievable based on the league table. Sacking a manager doesn't guarantee a better season, I think we should keep some stability whilst we still have some.

How many of you reacted like this when we drew with Bristol City and Ipswich after we beat Middlesbrough? Then all of sudden you were all jumping with joy when we beat Reading and the sounds of "Slade out" died out for a couple weeks. Will this happen again if we beat Burnley? :roll:

Some may think I'm clutching at straws but I'm being very realistic. I will admit defeat when we are defeated, but we are far from defeated. Now is the time to support the club whilst we are in a very decent position, not to call for drastic changes.

:sladein:

I don't think Slade's target was to achieve a play off place. I think that would be a bonus. I believe his target was to maintain Championship status while a massive cost cutting excercise was going on. If the target was a play off place and hopefully a return to the PL, he would have been given some funds to bring in a few quality players, and in all probability, he would'nt have been employed by us in the first place if promotion was Tan's priority. I don't like the style of football we play under Slade, but he is doing what he has been employed to do, so I think we are stuck with it for a while yet. We are still much higher than we have spent most of the last 50 years, and are probably at the right level for a club of this size.

Slade has been quoted time and time again that the play offs is our target. The fact that we are only 3 points off is the reason I'm sticking with Slade, it's realistic and achievable. Last season it got to the point that a top 6 finish was completely unrealistic at a very early stage but I didn't call for his head because it was all down to Ole's failures. I don't think many managers could've turned that season around into a successful season.

Slade has made many quotes including some ridiculous ones yesterday. He is hardly going to say that mid table mediocrity is his target for this season. I'm afraid that if you seriously think we are going to be in the top six next May, you are in for one big disappointment.
Steve Zodiak

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby JonCCFC » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:18 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Jon
We are 10pts of top 8pts off most play off teams and yes final place 3pts off, for me your clutching at straws, how many times have we been in the top 6 under Slade?

We should not be just praying for 6th place, but at least top 2 with the squad we had in August
Have a look
http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 2&t=145418

Slade's target at the beginning of the season was to achieve a play off place by the end of the season. As things stand, that is still VERY achievable based on the league table. Sacking a manager doesn't guarantee a better season, I think we should keep some stability whilst we still have some.

How many of you reacted like this when we drew with Bristol City and Ipswich after we beat Middlesbrough? Then all of sudden you were all jumping with joy when we beat Reading and the sounds of "Slade out" died out for a couple weeks. Will this happen again if we beat Burnley? :roll:

Some may think I'm clutching at straws but I'm being very realistic. I will admit defeat when we are defeated, but we are far from defeated. Now is the time to support the club whilst we are in a very decent position, not to call for drastic changes.

I don't think Slade's target was to achieve a play off place. I think that would be a bonus. I believe his target was to maintain Championship status while a massive cost cutting excercise was going on. If the target was a play off place and hopefully a return to the PL, he would have been given some funds to bring in a few quality players, and in all probability, he would'nt have been employed by us in the first place if promotion was Tan's priority. I don't like the style of football we play under Slade, but he is doing what he has been employed to do, so I think we are stuck with it for a while yet. We are still much higher than we have spent most of the last 50 years, and are probably at the right level for a club of this size.

Slade has been quoted time and time again that the play offs is our target. The fact that we are only 3 points off is the reason I'm sticking with Slade, it's realistic and achievable. Last season it got to the point that a top 6 finish was completely unrealistic at a very early stage but I didn't call for his head because it was all down to Ole's failures. I don't think many managers could've turned that season around into a successful season.

Slade has made many quotes including some ridiculous ones yesterday. He is hardly going to say that mid table mediocrity is his target for this season. I'm afraid that if you seriously think we are going to be in the top six next May, you are in for one big disappointment.

If we were THAT shit why are we only 3 points off the play offs? Fans are making out that we're doing far worse than we actually are. I will admit when I'm wrong but Slade doesn't deserve the sack yet.
JonCCFC

Postby drivingblue » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:36 pm

You really expect us to get into the playoffs with slade in charge :lol: :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout:
drivingblue

Postby drivingblue » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:36 pm

You really expect us to get into the playoffs with slade in charge :lol: :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout:
drivingblue

Postby JonCCFC » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:39 pm

drivingblue wrote:

Like I said before if we were that shit why are we 3 points off the play offs???? :sladein:
JonCCFC

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:57 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Jon

Have a look
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145418

If we were THAT shit why are we only 3 points off the play offs? Fans are making out that we're doing far worse than we actually are. I will admit when I'm wrong but Slade doesn't deserve the sack yet.

Five of the six teams above us are already pulling away. It's just a matter of time before at least one of the others will as well. I agree that Slade does'nt deserve the sack, because he is doing what has been asked of him. Unfortunately, as nearly everyone else has now accepted, he is very limited at this level, and we have no chance of getting back into the PL while he is our manager. However, he is probably good enough to ensure we avoid relegation while the club is making reductions to the debt and wage bill, and that is exactly the reason he was employed by Tan in the first place.
Steve Zodiak

Postby JonCCFC » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:44 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Jon

Have a look
http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 2&t=145418

Five of the six teams above us are already pulling away. It's just a matter of time before at least one of the others will as well. I agree that Slade does'nt deserve the sack, because he is doing what has been asked of him. Unfortunately, as nearly everyone else has now accepted, he is very limited at this level, and we have no chance of getting back into the PL while he is our manager. However, he is probably good enough to ensure we avoid relegation while the club is making reductions to the debt and wage bill, and that is exactly the reason he was employed by Tan in the first place.

I can't remember the last time the top 6 have ever pulled away from 7th down, it's tight from the start to the end of the season every season! The fact we're still up there shows that we are capable WITH Slade.
JonCCFC

Previous

Return to General Chat