" 3 POINTS OFF THE PLAY OFFS "

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:06 pm

:sladein:

Re: " 3 POINTS OFF THE PLAY OFFS "

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:08 pm

Not sure about slade but definitely 2 strikers in and drop whitts

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:08 pm

We are lucky that other results are going our way that's why we are only 3 points off. :sladeout:

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:09 pm

JonCCFC wrote::sladein:

Like your spirit mate but seriously we are not going to get anywhere near the playoffs. If Marshall goes in January then you will see how leaky our defence really is. Marsh is just papering over the cracks with his superb performances. :sladeout:
Last edited by norms76 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:10 pm

Have a good look at the points the top 5 are steaming away.......

Grasping at straws i am afraid.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:12 pm

Burnley win tomorrow 8 points off Derby who will be 5th.

Give me what you are taking as our season will be over :sladeout:

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:13 pm

" UPDATED CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE TABLE "
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145418

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:14 pm

Derby are a good team especially at home, it was always going to be a difficult game and they could go top of the league next week.

On to the next game. :sladein:

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:16 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Derby are a good team especially at home, it was always going to be a difficult game and they could go top of the league next week.

Burnley are a good side. We will set up to defend against them at home-similar result imo :sladeout:

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:18 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Assuming that Burnley beat Brighton (who are 2nd in the league), and since when did finishing 6th become a bad thing? Slade has been quoted that our target is to finish in the play offs and are only 3 points off at the moment. :thumbup:

Beat Burnley and we're back in the mix. :thumbup:

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:21 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Assuming that Burnley beat Brighton (who are 2nd in the league), and since when did finishing 6th become a bad thing? Slade has been quoted that our target is to finish in the play offs and are only 3 points off at the moment. :thumbup:

I agree, but we won't beat Burnley :sladeout:

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:22 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

I agree, but we won't beat Burnley :sladeout:

We beat Middlesbrough a few weeks back who are 3rd, anything's possible. :thumbup:

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:27 pm

Very possible we will beat Burnley but then lose to a bottom side soon after.
As far as top 6 is concerned I think not a chance,we need a decent cup run to improve this season,won't hold my breath on that though.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:56 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Derby are a good team especially at home, it was always going to be a difficult game and they could go top of the league next week.

Burnley are a good side. We will set up to defend against them at home-similar result imo :sladeout:

Agree Derby decent and didn't expect much, no dramas. On to next game but don't agree with :sladein:

Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:36 pm

Jon
We are 10pts of top 8pts off most play off teams and yes final place 3pts off, for me your clutching at straws, how many times have we been in the top 6 under Slade?

We should not be just praying for 6th place, but at least top 2 with the squad we had in August
Have a look

Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 pm

Believe me, they weren't that great.

Didn't have to be though to roll us over easily as we showed no intention of putting them under any pressure until they were 2-0 up.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:43 pm

davids wrote:

Didn't have to be though to roll us over easily as we showed no intention of putting them under any pressure until they were 2-0 up.

Second gear by all accounts :sladeout:

Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:45 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
davids wrote:

Second gear by all accounts :sladeout:

Exactly right.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:49 pm

Excellent point, imagine how we could do with playing our best players in the correct positions. :sladeout:

Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Jon
We are 10pts of top 8pts off most play off teams and yes final place 3pts off, for me your clutching at straws, how many times have we been in the top 6 under Slade?

We should not be just praying for 6th place, but at least top 2 with the squad we had in August
Have a look
http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 2&t=145418

Slade's target at the beginning of the season was to achieve a play off place by the end of the season. As things stand, that is still VERY achievable based on the league table. Sacking a manager doesn't guarantee a better season, I think we should keep some stability whilst we still have some.

How many of you reacted like this when we drew with Bristol City and Ipswich after we beat Middlesbrough? Then all of sudden you were all jumping with joy when we beat Reading and the sounds of "Slade out" died out for a couple weeks. Will this happen again if we beat Burnley? :roll:

Some may think I'm clutching at straws but I'm being very realistic. I will admit defeat when we are defeated, but we are far from defeated. Now is the time to support the club whilst we are in a very decent position, not to call for drastic changes.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:07 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Jon

Have a look

Slade's target at the beginning of the season was to achieve a play off place by the end of the season. As things stand, that is still VERY achievable based on the league table. Sacking a manager doesn't guarantee a better season, I think we should keep some stability whilst we still have some.

How many of you reacted like this when we drew with Bristol City and Ipswich after we beat Middlesbrough? Then all of sudden you were all jumping with joy when we beat Reading and the sounds of "Slade out" died out for a couple weeks. Will this happen again if we beat Burnley? :roll:

Some may think I'm clutching at straws but I'm being very realistic. I will admit defeat when we are defeated, but we are far from defeated. Now is the time to support the club whilst we are in a very decent position, not to call for drastic changes.

You make some valid points and it is indeed fine lines, but wins like reading are merely papering over the cracks. The biggest issue Jon isn't where we sit in the table. It lies a lot deeper than that, who can forget the side that were applauded off after losing to hull? Fans can forgive that, and I agree you have to be realistic we have been spoilt. Just look at Derby, for years and years they couldn't even manage mid table.

I have always said and maintained slade has done a remarkable job, he really has. But his job is done, he's taken us as far as he can. I appreciate everything he has done despite boring me senseless with it. A new manager doesn't guarantee success but Slade will guarantee boring football and a mid table Finnish. :sladeout:

Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:12 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Jon

Have a look

Remember Jon the Reading win had nothing to do with Slade. He would have picked a different side if his hand hadn't been tied.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:35 am

:lol: :lol: a top 2 team on paper.If it wernt for marshall we would be lower mid table :sladeout:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:23 am

JonCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Jon

Have a look

I don't think Slade's target was to achieve a play off place. I think that would be a bonus. I believe his target was to maintain Championship status while a massive cost cutting excercise was going on. If the target was a play off place and hopefully a return to the PL, he would have been given some funds to bring in a few quality players, and in all probability, he would'nt have been employed by us in the first place if promotion was Tan's priority. I don't like the style of football we play under Slade, but he is doing what he has been employed to do, so I think we are stuck with it for a while yet. We are still much higher than we have spent most of the last 50 years, and are probably at the right level for a club of this size.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:26 am

JonCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Jon

Have a look

To be fair your right Jon, sacking Slade whilst Tan is still in control, will prob make no difference at all.
I have not said to sack him, I have said the football is poor/bad and it is.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:46 am

And not a chance in hell of making the play offs our football is dire and even the win against Reading was down to Marshall it could have been a 5 -2 win for Reading :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:21 pm

Correct you look at table and seems we're not doing bad. The only thing is we all know we are lucky as hell to be where we are at the moment and its down to the Scottish number 1 in goals for us. Saved us at least 5 games so far without doubt so you take all the points into consideration and we would be hovering relegation .

Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:42 pm

City Slicker wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Jon

Have a look

Remember Jon the Reading win had nothing to do with Slade. He would have picked a different side if his hand hadn't been tied.

I hate this ideology.

When we win it's down to the players.
When we lose it's down to Slade.

Slade deserves credit for keeping us in a stable condition after the mess Ole Gunnar Solskjaer left us in last season. I have absolutely no doubt that last season's failures were down to Ole, which is why I've always stuck by Slade and gave him the chance to form his own team over the summer, and no one can say that we haven't improved. The football is shite but at least he's pointing us in the right direction, just.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:48 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Jon

Have a look

I don't think Slade's target was to achieve a play off place. I think that would be a bonus. I believe his target was to maintain Championship status while a massive cost cutting excercise was going on. If the target was a play off place and hopefully a return to the PL, he would have been given some funds to bring in a few quality players, and in all probability, he would'nt have been employed by us in the first place if promotion was Tan's priority. I don't like the style of football we play under Slade, but he is doing what he has been employed to do, so I think we are stuck with it for a while yet. We are still much higher than we have spent most of the last 50 years, and are probably at the right level for a club of this size.

Slade has been quoted time and time again that the play offs is our target. The fact that we are only 3 points off is the reason I'm sticking with Slade, it's realistic and achievable. Last season it got to the point that a top 6 finish was completely unrealistic at a very early stage but I didn't call for his head because it was all down to Ole's failures. I don't think many managers could've turned that season around into a successful season.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Jon

Have a look

To be fair your right Jon, sacking Slade whilst Tan is still in control, will prob make no difference at all.
I have not said to sack him, I have said the football is poor/bad and it is.

I agree with you Annis. The football is crap. But we do grind out results here and there and that's all that matters.