Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Slade out brigade out in force

Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:24 pm

Haha, what a surprise! After a convincing win two weeks ago in which you would have been a very picky fan to find much wrong with, we lose to a team bound to be in the promotion mix, the :sladeout: signs are flooding the messageboard.

I know I will get a barrage of stick for this but I honestly don't know what he is doing wrong. Everyone has bad days. We came into this game with 3 new injuries on top of our previous ones and a striker crisis.

We sit 3 points off the play offs with barely any money being made available and stillk he is not good enough. :bluescarf: :sladein:

Re: Slade out brigade out in force

Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:28 pm

We are lucky that we are only 3 points from top six. :sladeout:

Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:32 pm

James incase you hadn't noticed there are 13k Slade out brigaders who have gone missing every home game attendances don't lie

Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:34 pm

James the bluebird fan wrote:Haha, what a surprise! After a convincing win two weeks ago in which you would have been a very picky fan to find much wrong with, we lose to a team bound to be in the promotion mix, the :sladeout: signs are flooding the messageboard.

I know I will get a barrage of stick for this but I honestly don't know what he is doing wrong. Everyone has bad days. We came into this game with 3 new injuries on top of our previous ones and a striker crisis.

We sit 3 points off the play offs with barely any money being made available and stillk he is not good enough. :bluescarf: :sladein:

If it wasn't for Marsh this season we'd be right in the trouble zone. Our defence has been opened up more times than I care to remember only for Marsh to save the day.

Think you've had too many party rings before bed sunshine.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:36 pm

We could have won massively today and I'd still have no faith in him
I could spent hours writing why I think he is an awful manager but I think most people can see it.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Like most of his players he has brought in he is not at this level.

Tan won't remove him unless we are in fear of relegation.....So he is here until the end of the season, so :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout: is a pointless exercise.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:39 pm

James the bluebird fan wrote:Haha, what a surprise! After a convincing win two weeks ago in which you would have been a very picky fan to find much wrong with, we lose to a team bound to be in the promotion mix, the :sladeout: signs are flooding the messageboard.

He had a free pass last week. The win was nothing to do with him :twisted:

Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:29 pm

I know I will get a barrage of stick for this but I honestly don't know what he is doing wrong

Seriously mate, your joking right where do you start

1 - Team selection

2 - Player positions

3- Formation

4 - Tactics

5 - Lack of Plan B

This is just for starters, please feel free to add to the list as there are many more examples.

There are only 2 reasons why we sit where we do in the table -

1 - David Marshall

2 - Other results going our way in a pretty poor Championship, I reckon my sons under 16's football team could hold there own in this years division and could confidently beat the City :lol:

Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:55 pm

Did you watch the game?

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:54 pm

Bluebird 1927 wrote:

Did you watch the game?

No buy listened to it on the radio. :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:12 am

James the bluebird fan wrote:
Bluebird 1927 wrote:

Did you watch the game?

Dont let Paulh and OriginalGrangeEndBlue catch you. :laughing6:

Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:45 pm

As I understand it Slade hasn't got the money to buy quality, that's why he is buying lower league players. Malky blew a fortune on average players and the football was dire, yet some on here praise him to the hilt

Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:01 pm

Ole pissed the most money up the wall but Slade has signed lots of players and only 1 is a regular in Peltier. 1.5m on Doyle and O'Keefe is a sign he can't be trusted with money. The Championship is awful this year and we should take advantage of it but we won't do anything with that plum in charge. It's a sign of how bad the division is that we are 3 points off the playoffs and we can't pass or score.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Bluebird 1927 wrote:

Did you watch the game?

You should know how pathetic we were then.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:07 pm

Bluebird 1927 wrote:
Bluebird 1927 wrote:

Did you watch the game?

If you listened to the Radio Wales commentary then you would have heard Gabbs saying the same thing as many of the fans have been saying for months. Ralls has to play in the middle, drop Whitts or if he has to be played then put him on the left, Jesus wept even Kevin Ratcliffe has been saying the same. Also playing 4-4-2 against Derby's established five man midfield was madness. The way we set up yesterday the game was lost before it had even kicked off.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:58 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Bluebird 1927 wrote:
Bluebird 1927 wrote:

Did you watch the game?

If you listened to the Radio Wales commentary then you would have heard Gabbs saying the same thing as many of the fans have been saying for months. Ralls has to play in the middle, drop Whitts or if he has to be played then put him on the left, Jesus wept even Kevin Ratcliffe has been saying the same. Also playing 4-4-2 against Derby's established five man midfield was madness. The way we set up yesterday the game was lost before it had even kicked off.

My thoughts exactly

Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:02 pm

Top post. :sladein:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:31 pm

The plain fact of the matter is that with our current run rate we will end up as follows

Cardiff City
Played 46
Won 16
Drawn 19
Lost 11
Goals for 46
Goals Against 38
Points 68

Far away from promotion but nowhere near relegation

Another season of mid table mediocrity.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:50 pm

The thing that frustrates me the most is that Slade plays 4-4-2 no matter what the opposition or circumstances.

By his own admission he doesn't have a lot of options upfront. I would say he has one option - Jones !!

It's arguable whether it's Slade's fault that he hasn't got options but if we accept that is position surely anyone with half a brain can see that we do have a strong squad of midfielders that could be better utilised in a 5 ?

We have Ralls, Whitts, Gunnarsson, Dikajoi, Noone, Kennedy, Ameobi, O'Keefe, all of whom can do a decent job at this level in a 5 man midfield.

Why not play Jones up top with Dikajoi and Whitts holding with Kennedy, Ameobi and Noone breaking to joining Jones, particularly at home ? It would certainly give us more goal potential than we've seen for a good few seasons.

Good managers play systems that accommodate the players they have available to them. Slade plays the system he is most comfortable with no matter what.

Dave Jones was wedded to 4-4-2 but, arguably, when you have players like Bothroyd, Chopra and McCormack, playing 2 upfront was perfectly sensible :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:33 pm

BlueVanman wrote:
I know I will get a barrage of stick for this but I honestly don't know what he is doing wrong

Seriously mate, your joking right where do you start

1 - Team selection

2 - Player positions

3- Formation

4 - Tactics

5 - Lack of Plan B

This is just for starters, please feel free to add to the list as there are many more examples.

There are only 2 reasons why we sit where we do in the table -

1 - David Marshall

2 - Other results going our way in a pretty poor Championship, I reckon my sons under 16's football team could hold there own in this years division and could confidently beat the City :lol:
spot on! We do have his legendary interviews aswell though :lol: :thumbup:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:32 pm

Yes, I agree to some extent but you added to the situation by starting a thread on the subject! ;) :roll:

Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:42 am

Jumanji Jim wrote:The plain fact of the matter is that with our current run rate we will end up as follows

Cardiff City
Played 46
Won 16
Drawn 19
Lost 11
Goals for 46
Goals Against 38
Points 68

Far away from promotion but nowhere near relegation

Another season of mid table mediocrity.

Yep,

Yet some say our season under malky was poor, yet we scored over 70 goals, 2nd highest in the league that season. The way we took a decent Blackburn side apart on their own ground banging 4 past them was so awful and boring ! Really?? People forget how well organised we were and how we set up different at home and away!

Can't see usever having 4 shots on goal now never
Mind scoring them!