' Tom Adeyemi ? '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Tom Adeyemi ? '

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:58 am

' Cardiff City not missing Leeds loanee Tom Adeyemi '

Dan Coombs

News Now

08/10/15

Cardiff City loaned Tom Adeyemi to Leeds United in the summer, but are not worse off for allowing the midfielder to leave.

Cardiff City's decision to allow Tom Adeyemi to join Leeds United on loan this season was met with derision from fans in the summer, who did not approved of letting the promising midfielder move to a Championship competitor.

Adeyemi has had a solid start at Leeds, but Cardiff are showing no ill effects of the decision 10 games into the season.

The Bluebirds have turned around their bottom-half form from last season, and currently sit as high as eighth in the league, just two points off a play-off spot, and five points ahead of Leeds.

An important part of their good start has been the midfield partnership of Peter Whittingham and Kagisho Dikgacoi, who have been regular in Russell Slade's side.

Both players have been performing strongly, with Adeyemi's Leeds form not yet showing to be superior to either player.

Adeyemi's Leeds performance have not been bad by any stretch, and he has done his job well for the Whites, but his displays compared to Dikgacoi's have been fairly like for like, with the former Palace man certainly superior in terms of tackling, ball recoveries and key passes.

The move may just have saved Adeyemi's season, allowing him to go and play regularly rather than warming the bench for Cardiff, and at the same time removed a selection headache for Slade, who has been able to pick his first choice duo largely without hesitation.

There is a case that Slade should have sought to hold onto the young Englishman rather than 30-year-old South African international Dikgacoi, as Adeyemi has more of a long term future in the game, but after a disappointing start for the Cardiff boss last season, this time around he needs results.

If Cardiff can stay in the top half of the table and mount a play-off push next Spring, his decision will have proved a wise one, but suffer injuries, and the decision to let Adeyemi leave could take on a new perspective.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

' Tom Adeyemi ? '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Tom Adeyemi ? '

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:14 am

it was met with derision from some fans. certianly not the majority ive spoken to.
paulh_85

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:20 am

paulh_85 wrote:it was met with derision from some fans. certianly not the majority ive spoken to.

I have to admit I was one of them who was against him leaving .
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby nubbsy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:it was met with derision from some fans. certianly not the majority ive spoken to.

I have to admit I was one of them who was against him leaving .

I wasn't that bothered, players had to leave and I'd pick the ones we've got over him.
nubbsy

Postby Rydogsccfc » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:27 pm

We never needed him in the first place.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby davids » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:35 pm

Frozen out completely by Slade and never given a chance to prove himself, even when there was nothing to play for at the end of last season.
davids

Postby valleyrambill » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:38 pm

Frozen out ? Really what did he do that made u feel he should stay before the players we have playing now.
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby Stringfellow » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:02 pm

Lazy journo been on the forum for ideas :!:
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:38 am

The issue here is has Slade made the right call?

10 games in and the answer seems 'yes' as it is giving the lad a chance to play (& make a wage bill saving) and hasn't damaged our league standing.

Just hope it stays that way. :ayatollah:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby davids » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:20 am

valleyrambill wrote:Frozen out ? Really what did he do that made u feel he should stay before the players we have playing now.

How many games did he start under Slade? Even when our season was finished in about February he was given no opportunity by the manager.

I'm not saying he would have impressed but when we had an out of form and under performing midfield pair of Whitts and Gunnars who were picked for every game last season barring injury or suspension the fact that he wasn't even given a game at that time suggests that, yes, he was being frozen out.
davids

Postby nubbsy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:22 am

davids wrote:
valleyrambill wrote:Frozen out ? Really what did he do that made u feel he should stay before the players we have playing now.

How many games did he start under Slade? Even when our season was finished in about February he was given no opportunity by the manager.

I'm not saying he would have impressed but when we had an out of form and under performing midfield pair of Whitts and Gunnars who were picked for every game last season barring injury or suspension the fact that he wasn't even given a game at that time suggests that, yes, he was being frozen out.

Perhaps he didn't want him injured as he was planning on getting him off the books, like he did. Under pressure from above to let more players go in the summer it makes sense.
nubbsy

Postby bluebird58 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:40 am

Basically, Slade made the right choice. I had no qualms about it when he went, and it looks a good decision now :sladein:
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Return to General Chat