Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Russell Slade : Cardiff City fans and me '

Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:56 pm

Cardiff manager ready to meet fans in bid to win over the doubters.

WalesOnline

Wednesday October 7th

image.jpeg

Cardiff City manager Russell Slade salutes the travelling fans after the draw at Brighton.

Russell Slade has declared he is determined to mend his fractured rapport with Cardiff City fans as he reflects upon a topsy-turvy first year in the Bluebirds manager’s hot-seat.

Slade was controversially appointed Cardiff boss by Vincent Tan exactly 12 months ago, thousands of Bluebirds fans left underwhelmed by the choice.

The majority of supporters wanted Tan to turn to Tony Pulis and their frustrations were underlined by some of the turgid route one football on show under Slade last season.

Thousands of fans continue to vote with their feet and are staying away from Cardiff matches in 2015-16, but Slade’s side have only lost four times in their last 20 Championship matches and he is convinced the corner has been turned.

Fans leaders are keen for Slade to meet members of the Cardiff City Supporters Club and the Trust, and the manager himself said: “I’m happy to meet fans groups.

“I had umpteen meetings with different fans when I first came and it would be good to do another one.

Related: Why Russell Slade has made inspirational dressing room posters in bid to motivate his players

“There is transparency at the football club. There is nothing to hide, no secrets.

“I am happy to talk about what we are doing and how we do it. Together, we are building a philosophy. The most successful clubs have achieved that and have kind of stuck to that.”

Supporters were fed up with the dismal brand of direct football being played by the team last season, but Slade defended his tactics.

“It was important to stabilise things, build for the future. There was, and still is, a lot of work to do,” he said.

“Our aim, of course, is to play good football, a passing game that will please everybody. That’s what we are trying to do.

“We want fans to be behind the team and I. It’s important to have everybody pushing and ensuring the momentum we can generate is strong.

“Momentum is a wonderful thing, a flow of energy that is difficult to stop when it builds up.

“It’s true progress has not been the quickest, but I don’t think things that last can be built overnight.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Russell Slade : Cardiff City fans and me '

Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:17 pm

Russell you leader. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:55 pm

Slade in !

Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:55 pm

Slade in !

Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:32 pm

:sladein: :sladein:

You tell em sladey

We are uncle fester's boys
Come on Bluebirds. Feel the noize :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:58 pm

He did say judge him after 12 games. 10 games down and we're 8th. Better than I expected. :thumbright:

These next two games will be crucial now for Slade and if we're in the Top 6 by then, I will start singing Russell Slade's barmy army!! :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:07 pm

I will go. And I will try not to fall asleep :laughing6: