Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Sam Clucas '

Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:40 am

Did City not show interest in him once?

Hull City boss Steve Bruce has been praising his winger Sam Clucas after the former Chesterfield player made a fantastic start to life at the KC Stadium and in the Championship, telling the Hull Daily Mail:

"Sam's got a great attitude towards the game, it's terrific. He's been absolutely fantastic for us. He's the first name on the team-sheet now because you know exactly what you're going to get.

"I can go to bed on a Friday night and know what Sam is going to give me the next day. I couldn't be happier with him. He's earned that respect straight away, which is great for him considering where he's come from in his career."

Re: ' Sam Clucas '

Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:45 pm

We were linked with him and some people thought he wouldn't be good enough. :roll:

Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:51 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:We were linked with him and some people thought he wouldn't be good enough. :roll:

I rem :thumbright:

Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:19 pm

Didn't impress me when we played Hull.

Not a top Championship player.

Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:26 pm

We were interested in half the Chesterfield team before the season started .

Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:15 pm

Wasn't he at Norwich?

Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:23 pm

All this forum was littered with when we were linked with Clucas was "clueless, out of his depth Slade can only attract lower league players who aren't good enough...Slade out!!", or something along them lines. :roll:

Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:07 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:All this forum was littered with when we were linked with Clucas was "clueless, out of his depth Slade can only attract lower league players who aren't good enough...Slade out!!", or something along them lines. :roll:

We were linked years ago as well wasn't aware of recent interest but your right, that's the norm. You can spend a fortune get it wrong spend peanuts get it right. :thumbup:

Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:39 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:All this forum was littered with when we were linked with Clucas was "clueless, out of his depth Slade can only attract lower league players who aren't good enough...Slade out!!", or something along them lines. :roll:

We were linked years ago as well wasn't aware of recent interest but your right, that's the norm. You can spend a fortune get it wrong spend peanuts get it right. :thumbup:

We were linked a few months ago during the summer but he probably went to Hull because they offered him more money than us. It's a shame after reading Bruce's comments. I'm sure any manager would love to field 11 players and be able to sleep easy Friday evening because he knows exactly what he's getting. That's what gives you performances and consistency. A much safer bet than blowing millions on big named mercenaries.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:29 am

Not the sam clucas love in again :roll: