" We are a better team than Wales "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:22 am

Bosnia v Wales: Outspoken coach Mehmed Bazdarevic insists 'We are a better team than Wales'

7 OCT 2015

BY GARETH ROGERS

Wales might be on the brink of qualifying for Euro 2016 but Bosnia's coach insists his team are better than Gareth Bale and the boys

Bosnia coach Mehmed Bazdarevic has some strong words for Wales

Bosnia coach Mehmed Bazdarevic has fired the first verbal bullets of Saturday night's match in Zenica by insisting his team are better than Chris Coleman's table toppers.

Despite his team sitting seven points behind Wales with two games to go, the outspoken former Yugoslavia international told the assembled media in Zenica: "We have the strength and quality and we are the better team than Wales."

In the year since they impressed against the likes of Argentina and Nigeria at the 2014 World Cup, Bosnia have dropped from 19th to 30th in the Fifa rankings, while Wales have soared to eighth and are a point away from the Euro 2016 finals.

And, even though they're struggling to make third in qualifying Group B, and they're suffering a mini injury crisis, their coach told Bosanski Portal : "Even though we have a lot of problems, I think the squad we have has sufficient quality to win the next two games.

"Wales are the group leaders and they are a good team but we will make every effort to get the results we want.

"At one point we were worried but things are changing."

The Bosnian fitness worries have mostly surrounded Rome based pair Senad Lulic and Edin Dzeko.

And while the Lazio left back has been passed fit to play, Roma's former Man City striker is still in the Italian capital working with his fitness coach as he attempts to make the match.

Bazdarevic insists he expects star man Dzeko to play against Wales, even though he missed Roma's 4-2 win in Palermo on Sunday.

The Bosnia boss, who met up with most of his squad in Zenica yesterday, added: "If it happens that we are missing key players, I think we have the power and we have to look for strength in other players.

"They might not be as good on paper but we are together and will do what we can to win."

Midfielder Anel Hadzic said: "The team atmosphere is great, and certainly we expect a very tough match.

More: Big guns keen to avoid Wales in November friendly

"We are aware of the importance of this match and we will do our best to win.

"It will be very difficult, but we are optimistic. Our fans in Zenica will be the 12th player and I hope that we are just ease this difficult situation '
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " We are a better team than Wales "

Postby angelis1949 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:46 pm

I just hope Wales don't freeze on the day or that Coleman just play's for a draw,to be honest I'm not very confident about this game, hope I'm wrong
angelis1949

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:20 pm

i think we will play the way we have the last two years. be difficult to break down and hope that the quality in bale and ramsey can unlock something
paulh_85

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:16 pm

May be beter team but table doesn't lie? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:May be beter team but table doesn't lie? :laughing6:

Indeed sour grapes it sounds they thought they would qualify easily.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:23 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

why make such a statement against a team thats going to qualify ahead of them regardless of result saturday? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

why make such a statement against a team thats going to qualify ahead of them regardless of result saturday? :laughing6:

Because they can't accept that we are in the position that they expected to be in. :thumbup:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Cwmann_Bluebird » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:27 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

They've had a shocking campaign, considering that they were top seeds, ahead of Belgium!
Cwmann_Bluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:28 pm

;) :thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:29 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

They've had a shocking campaign, considering that they were top seeds, ahead of Belgium!

Yeah I though they would be right up there.
Rydogsccfc

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:39 pm

By saying thats he's just given Coleman the basis of his pre match talk to galvanise the lads.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby ThomasC » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:39 am

After Bale, the second best player on the pitch is.....? For me it's a difficult decision who has the more creative midfielder, Ramsey or Pjanic.
ThomasC

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:45 am

Better than Wales ?
Why have they not got 19pts ???????? :digging2:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:51 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:Better than Wales ?
Why have they not got 19pts ???????? :digging2:

I don't know if they are better than us or not, but sometimes when only a handful of games are played you don't always get a 100% accurate picture, I doubt if there are 15 better sides than Chelsea in the PL, and I don't think Crystal Palace are the 4th best team in England. But who cares, Wales will get the point required from their remaining two games, and after spending 50 years of watching tournaments which have included England, Scotland & Rep of Ireland it will make a nice change to see Wales there at last.
Steve Zodiak

Postby GrangeEndStar » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:34 pm

Sounds like their clown of a coach is under a bit of pressure & not for the first time. His managerial record speaks for itself, as he's been sacked more times than Rome. Perhaps Mehmed would like some bitter lemon to go with those sour grapes of his.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Cwmann_Bluebird » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:18 pm

ThomasC wrote:After Bale, the second best player on the pitch is.....? For me it's a difficult decision who has the more creative midfielder, Ramsey or Pjanic.

I'd say Pjanic at the moment. He's been linked with many of the very best sides in Europe, and he's one of Roma's main men (which says a lot considering how well they've been doing recently).
Cwmann_Bluebird

Return to General Chat