Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' The Club Management Say the only thing that is missing '

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:50 am

' The Club Management Say the only thing that is missing '

After talking to Dalman and Ken Choo over the last couple of weeks, they both say that pace is missing from Russell Slades squad.
They both believe the squad is full of quality and that it's good enough for promotion.

They are hoping that well before January, Idriss Saadi will have made such a difference that we won't need to spend in January, if not then they say Slade will be able to bring a player in with pace.

I have been told Idriss Saadi is def a Vincent Tans signing and Tan is more than hopeful that Saddi is the player to complete the squad to take us up.

Re: ' The Club Management Say the only thing that is missing

Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:01 am

Hate to remind everyone, that Slade has had 3 transfer windows to add some quality with pace to the squad and has failed to do so,so I'm not hopeful

Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:10 am

angelis1949 wrote:Hate to remind everyone, that Slade has had 3 transfer windows to add some quality with pace to the squad and has failed to do so,so I'm not hopeful

I will say this, most of Slades success is coming from the players he inherited. But to be fair to Slade, he has jelled the team together and done well with some of the existing players :ayatollah:
Of his 12 signings, the majority of them have not been a success so far.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:Hate to remind everyone, that Slade has had 3 transfer windows to add some quality with pace to the squad and has failed to do so,so I'm not hopeful

I will say this, most of Slades success is coming from the players he inherited. But to be fair to Slade, he has jelled the team together and done well with some of the existing players :ayatollah:

Backbone of our championship winning squad were DJ signings. Once Malky bought his own players it went tits. The success we are having now is mostly Ole players which I think shows his eye for a player was decent. DJ's eye for a player could not be faulted. I think Slade's signings will mostly end up being average but he is working well with what he had handed to him.

Marshall (DJ)
Fabio (Ole)
Malone (Slade)
Morrison (Ole)
Connolly (Malky)
Digkacoi (Ole)
Whitts (DJ)
Ralls (Malky)
Pilkington (Ole)
Jones (Ole)
Mason (Malky)

Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:36 am

Sammy ameobi! Slades signing and has pace and quality yet for some bizarre reason slade aint playing him.

I think its time now ameobi starts and is given a run in the side and i think he will deliver. He would be best used on the wing thats his more natural position and pilkington hasnt been doing too great recently so lets go with the pace of ameobi instead to run at defenders and then with the pace of saadi added we will be a much more dangerous side.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:43 am

BlueMagic wrote:Sammy ameobi! Slades signing and has pace and quality yet for some bizarre reason slade aint playing him.

I think its time now ameobi starts and is given a run in the side and i think he will deliver. He would be best used on the wing thats his more natural position and pilkington hasnt been doing too great recently so lets go with the pace of ameobi instead to run at defenders and then with the pace of saadi added we will be a much more dangerous side.

Pace doesn't always equal danger.

Josh Low had pace to burn.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:50 am

BlueMagic wrote:Sammy ameobi! Slades signing and has pace and quality yet for some bizarre reason slade aint playing him.

I just think Sammy can't play 90 min ,most Newcastle fans say the same thing just needs to get fitter

Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:51 am

I was under the impression that this particular signing was more to do with the chairman than Slade

Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:55 am

maccydee wrote:

When pace is added with quality, I think you have to agree that combination is pretty dangerous

Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:56 am

angelis1949 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

When pace is added with quality, I think you have to agree that combination is pretty dangerous

Oh yeah then you are talking millions aren't you? That's why I am worried he won't be great. I hope I am wrong.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:After talking to Dalman and Ken Choo over the last couple of weeks, they both say that pace is missing from Russell Slades squad.
They both believe the squad is full of quality and that it's good enough for promotion.

They are hoping that well before January, Idriss Saadi will have made such a difference that we won't need to spend in January, if not then they say Slade will be able to bring a player in with pace.

I have been told Saadi is def Vincent Tans signing.

I did post start of September he was a tan singing, not to cause a problem but relaying what I was told at the vale. Was also told 9 weeks until he would play, seems quite accurate. What I will say is Saadi had no doubt been put forward by somebody within the network being built by tan at the other clubs and I for one am quite optimistic about this as it's very low risk and has good potential to be a success. :thumbup:

Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:23 am

Doesn't matter whose signing as long as player does well and Slade plays him

Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:10 pm

I'm only counting 2...

Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:24 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Doesn't matter whose signing as long as player does well and Slade plays him

Of course it matters if that's the case what's the point in managers bar " let's point the finger and blame " when the players are not his, it's like being in a Job with no say what's so ever. I couldnt do it :shock:

Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:40 pm

Ameobi, Noone and Kennedy all have pace...they need to be used more often or, in Kennedy's case, at all.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:57 pm

I agree ameobi might not have been 100percent fit recently but if he aint played from the start hes never gonna get his match fitness.

He would offer us more going forward than any of our other wingers imo and had pace and quality which we are missing in the final third. We got the hard work of ralls on the other side so a good mix imo. Id also play peltier behind ameobi to give us more steel.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:26 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:After talking to Dalman and Ken Choo over the last couple of weeks, they both say that pace is missing from Russell Slades squad.

I have been told Saadi is def Vincent Tans signing.

I did post start of September he was a tan singing, not to cause a problem but relaying what I was told at the vale. Was also told 9 weeks until he would play, seems quite accurate. What I will say is Saadi had no doubt been put forward by somebody within the network being built by tan at the other clubs and I for one am quite optimistic about this as it's very low risk and has good potential to be a success. :thumbup:

I remember you saying it,I had it confirmed over the weekend. Yes true Tan is of course speaking to other people regarding signings, I'm not really for Tan continually bringing his own signings,but that's just my opinion, let's hope Saadi, is the answer like Tan believes :thumbright:

Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:51 pm

bluemun wrote:Ameobi, Noone and Kennedy all have pace...they need to be used more often or, in Kennedy's case, at all.

agree Ameobi has pace - not so sure Kennedy is a genuine speed merchant, and Noone most definitely is not a winger who sprints past his man on the outside is he?

Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:31 pm

From now on every foreign player we sign I will suspect its a Tan signing.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:54 pm

football experts dalman and Choo telling the manager what kind of players we need for our team

Judging on this evidence alot of people are correct when they say the likes of pulis wouldn't have stayed for two seconds

Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:55 pm

FB

Steve Perry <><
Slade has pace: Noone, Ameobi, Kennedy and Harris but steadfastly has refused to start games with any of these players prefering a 442 with four central midfielders in his midfield four. He also has Fabio who would be better employed in midfield.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:FB

Steve Perry <><
Slade has pace: Noone, Ameobi, Kennedy and Harris but steadfastly has refused to start games with any of these players prefering a 442 with four central midfielders in his midfield four. He also has Fabio who would be better employed in midfield.

Steve perry clearly aint got a clue what hes on about because pilkington isnt a centre midfielder

Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:25 pm

BlueMagic wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:FB

Steve Perry <><

Steve perry clearly aint got a clue what hes on about because pilkington isnt a centre midfielder

And Fabio in midfield?

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:00 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Backbone of our championship winning squad were DJ signings. Once Malky bought his own players it went tits. The success we are having now is mostly Ole players which I think shows his eye for a player was decent. DJ's eye for a player could not be faulted. I think Slade's signings will mostly end up being average but he is working well with what he had handed to him.

Marshall (DJ)
Fabio (Ole)
Malone (Slade)
Morrison (Ole)
Connolly (Malky)
Digkacoi (Ole)
Whitts (DJ)
Ralls (Malky)
Pilkington (Ole)
Jones (Ole)
Mason (Malky)

In fairness he has had the lowest budget by miles and probably in terms of wages, so it's hard to by quality in poundland when the others were shopping for Marks and Sparks standard with Harods budgets.........

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:20 pm

Formations make players.

Sammy is a Bellers type player, needs to be in a 433 to be seen at his best. Play him in a wide 442 and he'll be useless. I believe Noone is similar, to be effective needs to be in a 443.

Mason in a 4411 is being utilized in his ideal position, with a different partner i think he may be better again. Saadi may be the answer as he has pace and a bit of size, however Sam Warburton has those tributes and he is a shit footballer.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:44 pm

Bluebina wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Marshall (DJ)
Fabio (Ole)
Malone (Slade)
Morrison (Ole)
Connolly (Malky)
Digkacoi (Ole)
Whitts (DJ)
Ralls (Malky)
Pilkington (Ole)
Jones (Ole)
Mason (Malky)

In fairness he has had the lowest budget by miles and probably in terms of wages, so it's hard to by quality in poundland when the others were shopping for Marks and Sparks standard with Harods budgets.........

DJ had a low budget and had to sell his best player on a yearly basis.

DJ turned chicken shit into chicken salad.

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:17 pm

RFMH wrote:

I'm only counting 2...

I was including the transfer window this coming January, in which I very much fear,Slade will come up short once again

Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:37 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
RFMH wrote:

I'm only counting 2...

I was including the transfer window this coming January, in which I very much fear,Slade will come up short once again

Ridiculous.

Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:10 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
RFMH wrote:

I'm only counting 2...

That's worse than you being unable to count. :roll:

Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:20 pm

RFMH wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:
RFMH wrote:

I'm only counting 2...

That's worse than you being unable to count. :roll:

:laughing5: :laughing5: