Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR/ YET HE CANT GET IN CITYS TEAM?

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:38 pm

Yet he can't get near the Cardiff squad; '@FAWales: WINNER! #FAWAwards25 Young Player of the Year: Tommy O’Sullivan'

Opinions :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR/ YET HE CANT GET IN CITYS TEA

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:41 pm

I hope he gets a chance soon. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:43 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:I hope he gets a chance soon. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

So do I Ryan :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:43 pm

Just seen this on Twitter, only a matter of time. We get criticised for not bringing kids through but if Tommy can make the step and with Ralls making progress it will be more positives :thumbup:

Re: YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR/ YET HE CANT GET IN CITYS TEAM?

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:52 pm

Didn't know being young player of the year, meant someone is ready for 1st team in championship? Or is better than who is in 1st team at moment! :old:

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:56 pm

How long have I said about Tommy? A year or so? Hmm.

Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:08 pm

Congratulations to midfielder Tommy on prestigious award

Cardiff City Football Club’s Tommy O’Sullivan has been named as the FAW Young Player of the Year for 2015.

A regular in the Bluebirds’ U21/DVP setup as one of the Club's brightest young prospects, twenty-year-old Tommy has continued his progress at the same level for his country. He made his U21 international debut in 2013, having previously been capped at U17 and U19 levels.

Tommy made his Cardiff City senior debut in August 2012, coming on as a substitute for Stephen McPhail in a League Cup fixture at Northampton Town at the age of seventeen. Last season, he enjoyed loan-spells at Port Vale as he built upon his first-team experiences.

Tommy was confirmed as the recipient of the award at an FAW ceremony at City Hall on Monday evening.

All at Cardiff City FC congratulate Tommy on the honour and look forward to witnessing his continued progression for the Bluebirds.

Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:18 pm

No more signings as back-ups, time to start trusting the academy players to do a job :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:04 am

Slade just does not give youngsters a chance.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:24 am

This is why I don't get signing like OKeefe, slade clearly doesn't want to use him and just pushing youngsters down the pecking order.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:30 am

pembroke allan wrote:Didn't know being young player of the year, meant someone is ready for 1st team in championship? Or is better than who is in 1st team at moment! :old:

This.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:27 am

And I got slated for saying Slade can't handle talented players.

Here's proof

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:47 am

Playing younger untried players is risky, are we prepared to go down that path on the off chance of making the play offs

Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:11 pm

Slade's been under huge pressure the past year and now this season to get promoted, so can see why he hasnt taken the risk with youngsters although a lot of manager have said the Sullivan is nearly ready. as soon as the pressure eases he'll be given a chance. it would be nice to see some young bluebirds coming up though :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:14 pm

A few on this thread saying he should get his chance but who would you replace in the current first 16 ?

Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:34 pm

Didn't Dave Jones get the same criticism regarding this subject, & if I remember correctly Frank Burrows took a similar stance regarding Robert Earnshaw, many seasons ago???

Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:38 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Didn't Dave Jones get the same criticism regarding this subject, & if I remember correctly Frank Burrows took a similar stance regarding Robert Earnshaw, many seasons ago???
ralls was loaned out and look at him now ,sometimes it's best not to rush them

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:02 pm

NIBluebird wrote:And I got slated for saying Slade can't handle talented players.

Here's proof

what because doesnt play him? there must be couple of talented young players who are not picked by every manager at every club so guess they cant handle talented players either ? :laughing6:

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:And I got slated for saying Slade can't handle talented players.

Here's proof

what because doesnt play him? there must be couple of talented young players who are not picked by every manager at every club so guess they cant handle talented players either ? :laughing6:

So Ferguson couldn't handle Pogba then? :laughing6:

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:14 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Here's proof

.???? shame you've missed point :thumbup:

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Here's proof

You misunderstand I was making an example. :lol: :digging2:

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:20 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Here's proof

u

You misunderstand I was making an example. :lol: :

:laughing6: :laughing6: ok, but just hate fact people think because he doesn't play him he cant handle players like him, like said mustt apply to every manager in world! :roll:

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Here's proof

u

You misunderstand I was making an example. :lol: :

:laughing6: :laughing6: ok, but just hate fact people think because he doesn't play him he cant handle players like him, like said mustt apply to every manager in world! :roll:

Agree.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:26 pm

Is he better than Ralls.............Still looked a kid in the U21 game i saw last season.

18 months younger than Ralls, needs to go out on loan.

Centre midfield in the championship is only for very talented kids on their way to bigger and better things. I was surprised how physically strong Ralls looks this season.

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:40 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Is he better than Ralls.............Still looked a kid in the U21 game i saw last season.

Centre midfield in the championship is only for very talented kids on their way to bigger and better things. I was surprised how physically strong Ralls looks this season.

I don't think City use the loan market very well, it was the same under Malky, players not getting game time but not being sent out. Mason would be a better player had he spent a few more season out on loan when not being used.

For me O'Sullivan and Kennedy should be out on loan as neither seem near the first team squad.

Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Is he better than Ralls.............Still looked a kid in the U21 game i saw last season.

I don't think City use the loan market very well, it was the same under Malky, players not getting game time but not being sent out. Mason would be a better player had he spent a few more season out on loan when not being used.

For me O'Sullivan and Kennedy should be out on loan as neither seem near the first team squad.

agreed Luke, I would like the club to have strong links with another club that would welcome exciting talented players from us, with a bit of an incentive to play them ££. Newport County, Wrexham, Bristol Rovers. Whoever.