Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Today. ' My View as a Brighton Fan

Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:31 pm

I won't go over the match as it's been well documented on here and agree with all comments but I'd like to address the negativity in some threads.

We're top for a reason and some comments like we'll be lucky to make the top six playing like that is over the top, Ipswich, Hull, Forest, Blackburn have said the same and teams have said we are boring under Hughton winning 1-0 until they play us then it's, they should of been 5 up by half time and they are good and the real deal. We've been unlucky in the last 3 games by drawing but it's our blip like everyone has but we keep plodding along without losing.

It'll be a fight for the play offs but you'll be there as all teams can beat each other in this division, believe me you are robbing thieves and not many teams will leave the Amex with a point so you should be thankful.

Saw one comment on here saying Slade should change tactics from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1, why?, We played 4-5-1 last season and nearly got relegated, this season we play 4-4-2 and top of the league.

Teams who come to us can play what ever formation they like but instead of worrying about them like last season we keep to our game plan and let the opposition worry about us this season which is working to a tee.

Great game and entertaining for the neutrals but bloody nervous for us and you.

Don't get down and slate Slade as other teams will come and leave more depressed than you.

I'm a bit drunk so sod my grammer :bluescarf:

Re: Today.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Well said. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Re: ' Today. ' My View as a Brighton Fan

Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:06 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion wrote:I won't go over the match as it's been well documented on here and agree with all comments but I'd like to address the negativity in some threads.

We're top for a reason and some comments like we'll be lucky to make the top six playing like that is over the top, Ipswich, Hull, Forest, Blackburn have said the same and teams have said we are boring under Hughton winning 1-0 until they play us then it's, they should of been 5 up by half time and they are good and the real deal. We've been unlucky in the last 3 games by drawing but it's our blip like everyone has but we keep plodding along without losing.

It'll be a fight for the play offs but you'll be there as all teams can beat each other in this division, believe me you are robbing thieves and not many teams will leave the Amex with a point so you should be thankful.

Saw one comment on here saying Slade should change tactics from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1, why?, We played 4-5-1 last season and nearly got relegated, this season we play 4-4-2 and top of the league.

Teams who come to us can play what ever formation they like but instead of worrying about them like last season we keep to our game plan and let the opposition worry about us this season which is working to a tee.

Don't get down and slate Slade as other teams will come and leave more depressed than you.

Very good post, it's realistic and your correct in most of what you say. Some fans live in a fantasy world, we are having a decent season and it's a very very long season, points will be dropped the teams that get out of this division are teams who accept they will drop points, lose matches but don't beat themselves up about it and go again.

We have room for improvement, but all sides do. Had you down for bottom half at best, goes to show yet again with decent team organisation and sensible buys a lot can be achieved, the majority of fans will say no chance of going up not spending big etc but means nothing.

Good luck for season :thumbup:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:36 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Brighton & Hove Albion wrote:I won't go over the match as it's been well documented on here and agree with all comments but I'd like to address the negativity in some threads.

Very good post, it's realistic and your correct in most of what you say. Some fans live in a fantasy world, we are having a decent season and it's a very very long season, points will be dropped the teams that get out of this division are teams who accept they will drop points, lose matches but don't beat themselves up about it and go again.

We have room for improvement, but all sides do. Had you down for bottom half at best, goes to show yet again with decent team organisation and sensible buys a lot can be achieved, the majority of fans will say no chance of going up not spending big etc but means nothing.

Good luck for season :thumbup:

Thanks.

We'll be there or there about this season and people need to remember it's only 10 games gone. Look at Bournemouth last season when they were about 12 points of the top and mid table after 10 - 12 games and look how that turned out.

As long as you're in amongst the pack like now then who knows, make the play offs and it's a lottery.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:51 pm

Just watching MOTD after getting back. BHA are the sharpest side that we've played thus far this season and I'm very happy with what maybe a crucial point if we are in the mix season close. I haven't read anything negative and would be genuinely surprised at those comments, as I thought BHA showed potential PL traights of tempo and punishing mistakes, which for me is the key difference between Champ and PL. If it wasn't for Moore's reaction saves, you could have been 4 up in the first half by exploiting mistakes. That said, we held on well in the second half when it was all BHA but the last 10 mins, I felt that we could have nicked it on a smash and grab, as BHA seemed to take the foot off the gas for the point, which may prove to be your Achilles Heal as the autos are often decided by hard working consistent grinding performances. Great ground but the pies were a bit shit - Chicken & Chorizo belong in Paella, not pies.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:12 pm

Good write up mate :thumbright:

There's no doubt that Brighton were the better team today, you battered us for 70 minutes. Played some really good football as well, reminded me of the way Bournenouth played last season.

Have to admit I said before the match that I thought you wouldn't last long at the top and one defeat would see you fall a bit lower. But I've changed my mind now.

You seem to have a great feeling around the club, and a team that play for each other. There are no big names, other than maybe Zamora but I can see him being a bit-part player for you. But your team work hard, and you'll have no problem going up if you play like that all season.

Wouldn't be against Brighton going up, they're a good club.

No idea how Greer didn't score at the end.

Thanks again, always interesting to hear how the other side saw the match :thumbright:

Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:16 am

You were obviously the better team, you smashed us, but so did Rotherham. I can still you you dropping and missing out on the play offs. There's always teams who start like you and drop.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:35 am

U got a good man in Houghton ,he knows how to get teams up good luck

Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:56 am

Fair post, who was your winger think he was no.20, he was turning us inside and out?

Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:47 pm

I remember the first season Brighton came up from League One and we played them at CCS in a midweek match early in the season. We were taught a complete footballing lesson and I think we lost 3-1 (correct me if I'm wrong)

I thought Brighton would definitely be in the mix that season, but alas they dropped off which I was quite surprised at.

However, they do seem to be this seasons team but there again my endorsement is usually fatal ;)

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:51 pm

Very good and fair view of the game. I along with many City fans returned home well happy with a point. Not many sides will leave the Amex this season with a point or more. By the way your grammar is far better than most of my mates sober !! :lol:

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:51 pm

Very good and fair view of the game. I along with many City fans returned home well happy with a point. Not many sides will leave the Amex this season with a point or more. By the way your grammar is far better than most of my mates sober !! :lol:

Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:17 pm

Brighton passed the ball very accurately and quickly.

Looked a good side, however I think they could be exposed by a better side, particularly by pace down the middle.

Good enough to be in the mix IMHO.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:20 pm

You are a very good team.