Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW " OUTPLAYED/DOMINATED BY BRIGHTON/YET VERY "

Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:54 pm

My View/Opinion

" OUTPLAYED/DOMINATED BY BRIGHTON/YET VERY HAPPY WITH THE POINT " :thumbright: :ayatollah:

For me we were out played and for most of the game Brighton dominated
Simon Moore was outstanding. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Simon Moore saved us from a first half mauling.

BRIGHTON 1 CARDIFF CITY 1

Moore, Malone, Fabio, Morrison,Connolly, Whittingham, Dikgacoi, Ralls, Pilkington, Jones, Mason.

Subs : Wilson, Peltier, Manga, Noone, Revell, Gunnarsson, Ameobi.

Crowd 26,399

Away Support approx 1,162 City fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Over 1,100 City fans had made the 4 hour long trip to Brighton and with City lying 6th in the Championship and Brighton top,this was a match that was really going to test how far City had improved.

City fans passionate and loud from the first second :ayatollah:

6th minute Whittingham ball out to Malone, with Joe Mason scoring,sending City fans in to raptures :thumbright: :ayatollah:
0-1 :ayatollah:
Then with in seconds Moore had to make a great save for City :thumbright:

In the 22nd min two brilliant saves again by Moore :thumbright:

24th minute again another great save by Simon Moore :ayatollah:

It finally came Brightons equaliser, with Moore having No chance 1-1 :cry

Half-time Brighton 1
Cardiff City

Craig Noone on for Pilkington 53rd min.

62 min Ameobi on for Jones

So far it was all Brighton

82 min Peltier on for Malone

BRIGHTON 1 CITY 1

City rode their luck.

My man of the match Simon Moore :thumbright:

An international break now :thumbright:

Re: MY VIEW " OUTPLAYED/DOMINATED BY BRIGHTON/YET VERY "

Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:56 pm

Hung on in the end but it was a well earned point.

Connolly man of match for me.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:58 pm

A great point we are tight and gutsy could've nicked it with Ameobi near the end but I am very pleasing and Moore my MOTM as well. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:00 pm

These kind of points, particularly away from home, will be crucial come April/May.

Well done, Bluebirds!

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My View/Opinion

" OUTPLAYED/DOMINATED BY BRIGHTON/YET VERY HAPPY WITH THE POINT " :thumbright: :ayatollah:
Although we once again we gave the lead away, it feels we gained a point rather than lost two
For me we were out played and for most of the game Brighton dominated
Simon Moore was outstanding. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Simon Moore saved us from a first half mauling.

BRIGHTON 1 CARDIFF CITY 1

Moore, Malone, Fabio, Morrison,Connolly, Whittingham, Dikgacoi, Ralls, Pilkington, Jones, Mason.

Subs : Wilson, Peltier, Manga, Noone, Revell, Gunnarsson, Ameobi.

Crowd 26,399

Away Support approx 1,162 City fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Over 1,100 City fans had made the 4 hour long trip to Brighton and with City lying 6th in the Championship and Brighton top,this was a match that was really going to test how far City had improved.

City fans passionate and loud from the first second :ayatollah:

6th minute Whittingham ball out to Malone, with Joe Mason scoring,sending City fans in to raptures :thumbright: :ayatollah:
0-1 :ayatollah:
Then with in seconds Moore had to make a great save for City :thumbright:

In the 22nd min two brilliant saves again by Moore :thumbright:

24th minute again another great save by Simon Moore :ayatollah:

It finally came Brightons equaliser, with Moore having No chance 1-1 :cry

Half-time Brighton 1
Cardiff City

Craig Noone on for Pilkington 53rd min.

62 min Ameobi on for Jones

So far it was all Brighton

82 min Peltier on for Malone

BRIGHTON 1 CITY 1

City rode their luck.

My man of the match Simon Moore :thumbright:

An international break now :thumbright:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Hung on in the end but it was a well earned point.

Ian, I thought we could of been 4 nil down by half time, but thankfully Moore saved us
Second half we deserved a draw

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:14 pm

How the hell did we get a point from that :ayatollah: credit to the players, my only gripe is why do we sit back when we go 1 up away from home it invites pressure. Motm Moore for 4 or 5 great stops also malone in with shout for assist, some good blocks and tackles also clearing off line :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:16 pm

:sladeout:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:18 pm

Couldn't agree more with previous posts - 4-0 at half time would not have been harsh ! This was always going to be a test, clearly lots of work still to do :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:21 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote::sladeout:

I hope this is sarcasm

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:31 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:A great point we are tight and gutsy could've nicked it with Ameobi near the end but I am very pleasing and Moore my MOTM as well. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Ryan, very pleased with a point, but we really did ride our luck today and in the first half it total domination by Brighton, second half we got back in to the game and at one stage we could of snatched it, but over all we stole a point.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:33 pm

1st 15-20 we were good.
Rest of the half mollerred.

2nd half was more even, although they had the best chances.

Good side, what a difference from last year.

Very good point.

Happy with our lads today.

Mom.
Morrison or Moore

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:34 pm

Well it does show we can live with anyone in this league! OK battered but still could have won game which bodes well for rest season. :old:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:42 pm

City down to 8th viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145418

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:42 pm

KWest wrote:These kind of points, particularly away from home, will be crucial come April/May.

Well done, Bluebirds!

Very true :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:44 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote::sladeout:

Cretin.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:A great point we are tight and gutsy could've nicked it with Ameobi near the end but I am very pleasing and Moore my MOTM as well. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Ryan, very pleased with a point, but we really did ride our luck today and in the first half it total domination by Brighton, second half we got back in to the game and at one stage we could of snatched it, but over all we stole a point.

We are playing a top the table side so we have to have that bit of luck and our performance deserved a point. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:15 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:How the hell did we get a point from that :ayatollah: credit to the players, my only gripe is why do we sit back when we go 1 up away from home it invites pressure. Motm Moore for 4 or 5 great stops also malone in with shout for assist, some good blocks and tackles also clearing off line :ayatollah:

I've feel the same, how the hell did we do it? We should not have sat back from the minute we scored, but we got away with robbery so we can't complain :thumbright:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:18 pm

Lawnmower wrote:1st 15-20 we were good.
Rest of the half mollerred.

2nd half was more even, although they had the best chances.

Good side, what a difference from last year.

Very good point.

Happy with our lads today.

Mom.
Morrison or Moore

A fair assessment Tim and both very happy with a point :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:25 pm

Cheshirebluebird wrote:Couldn't agree more with previous posts - 4-0 at half time would not have been harsh ! This was always going to be a test, clearly lots of work still to do :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

I have the same opinion :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Well it does show we can live with anyone in this league! OK battered but still could have won game which bodes well for rest season. :old:

Allan, Great point today. I know I am hard to please but I honestly Still do not see us as a promotion team yet?

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:34 pm

Very content with a point, safe Journey home all our loyal fans great support as always :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:How the hell did we get a point from that :ayatollah: credit to the players, my only gripe is why do we sit back when we go 1 up away from home it invites pressure. Motm Moore for 4 or 5 great stops also malone in with shout for assist, some good blocks and tackles also clearing off line :ayatollah:

I've feel the same, how the hell did we do it? We should not have sat back from the minute we scored, but we got away with robbery so we can't complain :thumbright:

Said that in another post annis, we always sit back when we score. Why don't we try and get another

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Well it does show we can live with anyone in this league! OK battered but still could have won game which bodes well for rest season. :old:

Allan, Great point today. I know I am hard to please but I honestly Still do not see us as a promotion team yet?

Anni's it will be touch and go regarding top six, but we do have habit of scoring in games, also got January and maybe dalman can see we need to invest In couple of players then? But definitely signs we can make top 6! :thumbup:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:48 pm

Connelly put his body infront of everything but Moore for me has to be my MOM he saved our arse!

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:53 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Connelly put his body infront of everything but Moore for me has to be my MOM he saved our arse!

Jack spot on and great to meet you today :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:54 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Anni's it will be touch and go regarding top six, but we do have habit of scoring in games, also got January and maybe dalman can see we need to invest In couple of players then? But definitely signs we can make top 6! :thumbup:

Allan, We had a long chat with Dalman today, I will say more later in the week :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:54 pm

I wasn't there today, but despite riding our luck as many have posted its rare to go to the side that is top unbeaten and come away with anything unless you have something about you which I believe we now have. In this division away from home you certainly have to dig in against most teams especially the league leaders. Like him or loathe him Russell Slade does not lose many matches, CCFC are moving in the right direction. Great point and we look forward to a few home games after the international break where the points are easier to come by, side does need pace to go up a level :bluescarf:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:55 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Very content with a point, safe Journey home all our loyal fans great support as always :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Mason, yes more than happy with a point today :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:56 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Said that in another post annis, we always sit back when we score. Why don't we try and get another

Totally agree and when we attacked them in the second half we looked like we could even win :ayatollah: