Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Newport News/Would you welcome the opportunity? '

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:33 pm

Hearing today that Newport have raised the monies needed for a fans takeover of the club ,I was just wondering if you would welcome the opportunity of one day doing something similar at CCFC?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=163419 :ayatollah:

Re: ' Newport News/Would welcome the opportunity? '

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:37 pm

THANK YOU NEWPORT COUNTY AFC SUPPORTERS - WE MADE IT - TARGET EXCEEDED - 236K RAISED

Trust Board

Thursday October 01, 2015

As a result of the staggering contributions of our wonderful fans we are delighted to announce that we have exceeded our target of 195k by raising an amazing 236k in just over month.

What an achievement and one the Trust Board are truly humbled by.

Re: ' Newport News/Would welcome the opportunity? '

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:40 pm

We'd have to either go bankrupt or have a couple of relegations first !! I doubt Newport fans would have been able to raise £100m+ !!

Re: ' Newport News/Would you welcome the opportunity? '

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:48 pm

Totally different scenario, doesn't work for larger club's unless we start from scratch no debt !

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:59 pm

since 64 wrote:Hearing today that Newport have raised the monies needed for a fans takeover of the club ,I was just wondering if you would welcome the opportunity of one day doing something similar at CCFC?

Yes if we get rid of Tan that will possibly be our own recourse. We would be lower than Newport though methinks.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:00 pm

Phil Jones ‏@PhilJones33 I'm all for fan owned clubs. Definitely way forward

Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:02 pm

maccydee wrote:
since 64 wrote:Hearing today that Newport have raised the monies needed for a fans takeover of the club ,I was just wondering if you would welcome the opportunity of one day doing something similar at CCFC?

Yes if we get rid of Tan that will possibly be our own recourse. We would be lower than Newport though methinks.

Probably will do, also if it happened would we ever get higher than div 1? As we know without money cannot compete higher up league's. :thumbup:

Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:57 pm

The Supporters Trust @ Newport will eventually f**k it up 100% sure of that.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:15 pm

We'll done Newport, the hardworking begins now, continue with your fundraising, you'll need it
Posters are right, it will be difficult for Cardiff to follow suit but u need to be ready and have a fighting fund in place should Mr Tan decided enough is enough. A Portsmouth scenario could happen.

Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:46 pm

NEWPORT County AFC boss John Sheridan is hoping for a ticket to ride high in League Two after targeting the signing of a fab four to reignite the Exiles’ stuttering start to the season.

County remain bottom of League Two, but Sheridan has revealed to the Argus that he expects four acquisitions to boost his squad.

Two of those players, midfielder Scot Bennett and an as yet unnamed striker, trained with the Exiles on Friday.

They will be included in the squad for Saturday’s trip to Mansfield Town, if they receive international clearance in time.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:35 am

No, because it would mean we (Cardiff City FC) would have sunk as low as Newport County did :cry:

Finally, I think our club is 'on the up' and will one day soon surpass our recent (albeit temporary) sojourn into the Premier League by going back up and staying there for a while! :)

I have to believe that; otherwise, what's the point in turning up?? It certainly isn't for the pricey catering and fan-friendly stewards! ;) :laughing6: :laughing6: