Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Ken Choo,Wayne Nash and his department heads '

Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:06 am

' Ken Choo,Wayne Nash and his department heads attended the meeting '

Cardiff City fans plan new songs, drums and £1,000 investment in banners to improve stadium atmosphere

22 SEPTEMBER 2015

BY GARETH ROGERS

Club flags and banners are being produced and will be in use for the Bristol City home match on Monday, October 26 which is being shown live on Sky television.

Sheets with suggested designs were handed round. All of them were put forward by fans.

Managing director Ken Choo,Wayne Nash and his department heads attended the meeting, held in the Captain’s suite at Cardiff City Stadium, but only to answer any questions put forward by supporters.

Among the ideas put forward during a 90-minute meeting were:

The Canton End singing section could be named, maybe the Cardiff Ultras.
Loyalty discounts - those who have a season ticket for five, 10, 15 or more years should be given a discount.
A supporters committee to meet regularly and come up with new songs.
Flags and banners to be made - and the football club have put £1,000 towards that.
Drums should be used at matches - big drums, little drums, all sorts of drums could be involved.
Should a new song, replacing Men of Harlech, be played to welcome teams out before kick-off.
Cardboard clappers to be made available in the family stand only.
A leading fan should use a megaphone to get other fans singing and cheering
Supporters should have their own club where they can get together before and after matches and long-term fan Lee Beames said: “Wherever you go club supporters have their own bar and it’s always busy. We don’t have that here. Why not?”
Alm said: “We want to whip up fans, in a positive way, before games and during games.

“There is a need for fans to come up with new songs, something a bit of fun and different.

“We need youngsters to come up with ideas. Us older guys will come up with the same old ideas.

“There are kids passionate about Cardiff City and full of ideas.

“Perhaps goal music is worth trying. Good goal music works when it is done properly, it can make a difference,” says Alm.

“The majority of grounds are playing goal music.”

Re: ' Ken Choo,Wayne Nash and his department heads '

Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:18 am

Please no cardboard clappers. Totally ruined the atmosphere in the family stand in the Wales game.

I could hear the Canton starting some good chants, then they were drowned out by out of rhythm cardboard clappers

Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:38 am

All sounds very positive and some very good ideas in there.

I'd rather not replace "Men of Harlech" I'd rather encourage supporters to sing along as well as clap.

And I'm not a fan of goal music, its cringe worthy and it will drown out our traditional celebration of "Bluebirds, Bluebirds, Bluebirds"

But all very encouraging :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:42 am

Penyfai Blue wrote:All sounds very positive and some very good ideas in there.

I'd rather not replace "Men of Harlech" I'd rather encourage supporters to sing along as well as clap.

And I'm not a fan of goal music, its cringe worthy and it will drown out our traditional celebration of "Bluebirds, Bluebirds, Bluebirds"

But all very encouraging :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tape the fans singing bluebirds bluebirds etc and play that after we score ,solves both problems :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:08 am

troobloo3339 wrote:

Tape the fans singing bluebirds bluebirds etc and play that after we score ,solves both problems :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Hmmmm, I think that would be more cringe worthy than goal music. Just let us fans celebrate a goal the way we've always done by chanting "Bluebirds". It sounds great.

Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:16 am

I hate the idea of goal music , it was awful when we tried it at the Blackpool game , if anything it just killed the atmosphere as everyone just stopped celebrating

Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:32 am

ideas are just that. I hope not all ideas are implemented here. No goal music is one thing the club has right. Can you ever remember anyone saying. 'We scored a great goal today, but it was spoilt by the lack of music.' ?!

Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:41 am

mmmm, what about the stewarding, that''s the problem!

and can you really see the pitch marker nash and his chums allowing bouncing up and down and standing on seats and one person getting everything going like abroad and at palace - where it is accepted with no trouble whatsoever?

You need to sort the problem out first before supplying the fix!!!!

Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:57 am

We still need to play men of harlech. Replacing it would mean it not being played at all I'm assuming?

Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:59 am

Fair play this is great, and I like the idea of the club investing in some promotion too.

music played at dull points in the game may work - ice hockey style. Something that gets a reaction from the crowd, a prompt that we have seen at other clubs..

Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:11 am

Bring back the PASSION,,,& they Will Come!

https://supportersnotcustomers.files.wo ... xtinct.png

Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:59 am

RYANBLUE wrote:Fair play this is great, and I like the idea of the club investing in some promotion too.

music played at dull points in the game may work - ice hockey style. Something that gets a reaction from the crowd, a prompt that we have seen at other clubs..

music is not allowed in-play. Goal music is acceptable as the game stops after a goal is scored

Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:41 am

The banners sound a good idea and perhaps via the TV screens we can get the whole stadium singing (what if the TV got each standing going - say for example the display reads Come on everyone.. 3,2,1 Cardiff city, Cardiff city FC are the greatest.. And the crowd can finish the song!..... I think via the tv /banners it could get people singing. The main problem is not the attendance (you can have a library with 25000). It's just everyone needs to join in - not just the canton - everyone. We almost need say 20 designated people in the grandstand / ninian/family to start the rest of the stand off. Once a few people are up lots will follow (people are just too shy)! There's been plenty of times when I (and aim sure Iam not the only one), who would almost feel embarrassed to stand up on my own in the grandstand and start chanting (along with whatever the canton is singing). Through fear that no one will follow!

Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:45 am

troobloo3339 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:06 pm

Replace Men of Harlech, one of few songs who actually get fans involved :?

Some positives tho and good to see the club trying.

Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:51 pm

arri potta wrote:mmmm, what about the stewarding, that''s the problem!

and can you really see the pitch marker nash and his chums allowing bouncing up and down and standing on seats and one person getting everything going like abroad and at palace - where it is accepted with no trouble whatsoever?

Why would people want to stand on seats?

Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:20 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:
arri potta wrote:mmmm, what about the stewarding, that''s the problem!

Why would people want to stand on seats?

ok, I'll be a bit clearer. If you apply the foreign or palace methods (and bearing in mind the word ultras have been talked about), there are 'leaders' who stand on seats or walls getting the crowd going - it is a very effective way to get a crowd to make noise and at the right time.

Given the current state of affairs at the ground, and with the stewards, and with the stewards gardener boss, do you honestly think the hierarchy will allow this?

In the 70's and 80's there were always one or two who stood on the railings and got the bob bank going underneath the tv gantry, or climber a few steps of that ladder :P

Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:22 pm

LOL

"Drums should be used at matches - big drums, little drums, all sorts of drums could be involved."

Seriously, funny.

Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:42 pm

Be nice if Men of Harlech was actually used for when the players come out. This season it's been getting played 5-10 minutes before the players come out, and ruins the impact of the song.

Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:00 pm

KWest wrote:Be nice if Men of Harlech was actually used for when the players come out. This season it's been getting played 5-10 minutes before the players come out, and ruins the impact of the song.

That's a very good point :thumbup:

A lot of people aren't in their seats when it gets played nowadays.

Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:08 pm

darran1927 wrote:I hate the idea of goal music , it was awful when we tried it at the Blackpool game , if anything it just killed the atmosphere as everyone just stopped celebrating

I don't the song was very good though.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:42 am

Oh give me strength . Mr Tan has been pretty quiet on the comedy front lately but you topped even him with this post . Absolute belter ..

Please post more ideas from the meeting . I am literally rolling around laughing at some of those quality suggestions .

Keep it up Cardiff , You have a gift for comedy , forget playing football , its comedy you excel at .

Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:09 am

dantheswansman wrote:Oh give me strength . Mr Tan has been pretty quiet on the comedy front lately but you topped even him with this post . Absolute belter ..

Please post more ideas from the meeting . I am literally rolling around laughing at some of those quality suggestions .

Keep it up Cardiff , You have a gift for comedy , forget playing football , its comedy you excel at .

Glad to be of service.