Banner for Wales game

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Banner for Wales game

Postby malpasbluebird » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:22 am

So...football isn't the most important thing in the world. There's a lot of horror too as we've seen in the news.

Other fans have shown their compassion. Will we be joining in with a 'Refugees Welcome' banner?
malpasbluebird

Banner for Wales game

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Banner for Wales game

Postby Depressed Blue » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:49 am

malpasbluebird wrote:So...football isn't the most important thing in the world. There's a lot of horror too as we've seen in the news.

Other fans have shown their compassion. Will we be joining in with a 'Refugees Welcome' banner?

Reminds me of the last sainsburys ad with the World War. They died so we could flog a few turkeys. A token gesture that a few sitting around a table thought would be good for their branding. That is what it boils down to. Everyone

Welcome them, ok. Give them temporary residence.

But it will change absolutely nothing.

You cannot distinguish between a refugee, an illegal immigrant or a economic migrant, as they have no papers.

Some of these refugees are violently refusing to go to refugee camps. A man yesterday dragged his wife and baby onto a train track to prove how desperate they were. Some are losing my support by the second. This is the problem, there are bad eggs in there and you simply don't know who you are letting in.

If you are a refugee, you go to the first peaceful country that you find. You do not go to Hungary and start protesting that you can't go to the UK.
Depressed Blue

Postby Wayne S » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:50 am

Depressed Blue wrote:..... This is the problem, there are bad eggs in there and you simply don't know who you are letting in.

If you are a refugee, you go to the first peaceful country that you find. You do not go to Hungary and start protesting that you can't go to the UK.

There are a few bad eggs? Does that mean the massive majority that ARE going through the correct process should not be helped?

Remember we are a joined up Europe. All nations need to take their fair share of refugees. You cannot expect the countries on the outskirts of Europe to take in ALL the refugees.

However they should also be distributed throughout other G8 countries as well. Besides it was most of them that caused the problems in the first place.
Wayne S

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:34 am

Wayne S wrote:
Depressed Blue wrote:..... This is the problem, there are bad eggs in there and you simply don't know who you are letting in.

There are a few bad eggs? Does that mean the massive majority that ARE going through the correct process should not be helped?

Remember we are a joined up Europe. All nations need to take their fair share of refugees. You cannot expect the countries on the outskirts of Europe to take in ALL the refugees.

However they should also be distributed throughout other G8 countries as well. Besides it was most of them that caused the problems in the first place.

but its not up to the individual though, they cant just say "i dont want to live here i want to go to uk/germany etc"

i read somewhere that the father of the boy whos picture has been everywhere was in Turkey, and trying to get to greece for some dental work? now i dont know how true that is, but if even the first part is correct this family were not fleeing a war torn country
paulh_85

Postby Wayne S » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:42 am

paulh_85 wrote: but its not up to the individual though, they cant just say "i dont want to live here i want to go to uk/germany etc

Totally agree but you are also talking about those trying to press their way across Europe. However large a group they seem to be they are just a small percentage as opposed to those who have entered UN camps and are going through the process correctly.

It's the minority yet again giving the masses a bad name.

I believe that if the UK take in Syrian refugees they will come from the UN camps.
Wayne S

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:07 pm

Wayne S wrote:
paulh_85 wrote: but its not up to the individual though, they cant just say "i dont want to live here i want to go to uk/germany etc

Totally agree but you are also talking about those trying to press their way across Europe. However large a group they seem to be they are just a small percentage as opposed to those who have entered UN camps and are going through the process correctly.

It's the minority yet again giving the masses a bad name.

I believe that if the UK take in Syrian refugees they will come from the UN camps.

but i havent seen anything against that. UK has now said that are going to take some in, as are other countries. But youve got idiot lefties like Emma Thompson basically calling this country inherently racist and for what reason exactly?

The whole world seems up in arms over the picture of this child, and while it is of course tragic, they seem to be using this as a stick to beat the government with without knowing the full facts, mainly that the family had been living in Turkey, not Syria, which for me calls into question the fathers motives.

I hope we do our share, but even taking in a few thousand is a drop in the ocean compared with what the neighboring countries are taking in. Still more than 0 though, which is how many the gulf countries have!
paulh_85

Postby Depressed Blue » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:27 pm

People outside the west are probably laughing at our ignorance over the reaction to the tragic photo of that child.

Temoprary residence for refugees is fine. Lets do it. Or residence ok. But who if a economic migrant says he is a refugee, then who are we to argue.

The word 'refugee' will be thrown about every second of every day for the next few months. Then it'll quieten down. And we will be back to be normal, ignorant westerners.
Depressed Blue

Return to General Chat