Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Eoin Doyles Debt to DJ '

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:02 am

New PNE striker’s debt to DJ

PNE

Eoin Doyle has happy memories of Deepdale, having scored a hat-trick in his last appearance there

Friday 04 September 2015

Eoin Doyle is looking forward to being reunited with Daniel Johnson after his loan move to Preston North End.

Doyle and DJ were team-mates at Chesterfield, the pair combining to good effect there.

The Irish striker attributed many of his goals in the early months of last season to Johnson.

Indeed, they combined to good effect when the Spireites battled back from being 3-0 down against PNE to draw 3-3 a year ago – Doyle netting a hat-trick that night.

Doyle said: “I’m looking forward to playing in the team with DJ again, he did wonders for me last season.

“He is a special player in my mind and set up a lot of goals for me. We had a lot of joy together at Chesterfield and hopefully we can do similar here at Preston.”

Doyle’s 22 goals for Chesterfield in the first six months of last term earned him a big-money move to Cardiff City at the start of February.

The Lilywhites were in the hunt for him then and finally got their man this week, signing the 27-year-old on loan for the rest of the season.

He netted five goals in Bluebirds colours after moving to Wales, four of them coming in a burst at the end of the campaign. Having only started for Cardiff in the Capital One Cup this term, with Kenwyne Jones and Joe Mason ahead of him in the pecking order, Doyle jumped at the chance to come to North End.

“I couldn’t really have complaints about not being the side at Cardiff, the lads up front have been playing well and scoring goals,” said Doyle.

“So when the interest came from here I was happy for it to happen.

“It was a all a bit hectic on Tuesday when it happened and once I got the all-clear to join Preston, it was straight into the car to get here.

“Hopefully things can settle down a bit for me now.

“I want to get among the goals and help Preston have a good first season back in the Championship. Having gone from League One to the Championship recently, I would say the biggest difference was that you get punished for mistakes a lot quicker.

“In terms of the future, I will see how this season goes here first.

“A permanent move is not something I have thought about 
yet – I’m just concentrating on playing.

“What will be will be, I have three years left on my contract at Cardiff.”

Meanwhile, PNE defender Bailey Wright played the full 90 minutes of Australia’s 5-0 win over Bangladesh in a World Cup qualifier in Perth yesterday.

Re: ' Eoin Doyles Debt to DJ '

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:24 am

Just might be what he needs, a season adjusting to champ at someone else's expense never know he may adjust nicely ready for us next sradn if needed?

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:34 am

I really hope he returns. He looked good end of last season playing with Mason. He's got more to his game than Revell, who's the player I would've released.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:37 am

Hopefully he does well and it will be like a new signing for us next year

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:35 pm

Anyone thought of Dave Jones when saw the title. :laughing6:

Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:29 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Anyone thought of Dave Jones when saw the title. :laughing6:

I think that was the idea.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:23 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Anyone thought of Dave Jones when saw the title. :laughing6:

Starting to notice a pattern with misleading titles,

But in regards to the post some players just click on field with others, remember chops and Mcphail, when chopra first signed